DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Aquaman and WW is successful in the box office.. but 'they need to reboot' :lol:
What do you mean when you say success? :lol:

funny that ps2 graphics BP is nominated for VFX but aquaman isnt... pathetic
BP came out in Feb and Aquabro came out in Dec. How do you think nominations work?

I know you trolling overall but try not to be ignorant with what you troll about.

Last edited:
Hittin 1 Billy will be huge for the DCEU. I hope it hits that mark. The wifey and I want to go watch it again for a 2nd time.

thats not good for a B list character? oh
Bruh the DC movies been making money.

Dont mean they're fulfilling their potential or that their movies are actually good :lol:

Thing is in this current era of superhero movies there's a direct correlation between the quality of the movie and box office #s. Usually across the board.

Worldwide 1 billion? Hyping worldwide when we know China goes crazy for all that ****. Why not domestic? Cuz that usually points to #s going closer to 2 billi overall. If DC just gonna be on that Venom steed you shouldn't brag.

Last edited:
Bruh the DC movies been making money.

Dont mean they're fulfilling their potential or that their movies are actually good :lol:

Thing is in this current era of superhero movies there's a direct correlation between the quality of the movie and box office #s. Usually across the board.

Worldwide 1 billion? Hyping worldwide when we know China goes crazy for all that ****mbWhy not domestic? Cuz that usually points to #s going closer to 2 billi overall. If DC just gonna be on that Venom steed you shouldn't brag.
wait so you’re talking about domestic money now. You know what the top comic book movie domestic wise in 2017 was right?

wait so you’re talking about domestic money now.
No.

You don't get it.

Overall I'm talking about making a good movie that the majority can get behind.

Not continued mixed reviews and this low standard praise that's become a thing for DC.

Domestic box office is just a product of getting it right.
You know what the top comic book movie domestic wise in 2017 was right?
2017? :lol: Its 2018 and about to be 2019.

In a world where transformer movies hit a bill, I would hope for more than just box office success

As a fan of the DC characters

No.

You don't get it.

Overall I'm talking about making a good movie that the majority can get behind.

Not continued mixed reviews and this low standard praise that's become a thing for DC.

Domestic box office is just a product of getting it right.

2017? :lol: Its 2018 and about to be 2019.
you laughing but said WW was not a success. I’m sorry just like what Black Panther did this year WW gave women a movie to go out and see. That’s a success to most. No one expected WW to gross over 400mil domestics and top Spiderman guardians and everything else. Come on now

you laughing but said WW was not a success.
I didn't say anything about Wonder Woman. I've been talking about Aquabro.

Maybe you confused WW meaning worldwide.

Now if we're talking about worldwide, I didn't say that wasn't a success either. I just asked dude (and laughed) what was a success to him since he laughed at the idea of DC rebooting their movie universe. Then backed it up with Aquaman is gonna make a billi worldwide.

As if there aren't already rumors of DC scrapping everything Snyder did despite the fact the movies made money, like there aren't rumors about Cavill and Affleck being gone.

I didn't say anything about Wonder Woman. I've been talking about Aquabro.

Maybe you confused WW meaning worldwide.
I think you got confused then. Marvelsux said Aquaman and Ww were successful. You quoted and said define success. Jury is out on Aquaman I think it’s fine movie. I’m going to see it again. It’s not better then WW

I think you got confused then. Marvelsux said Aquaman and Ww were successful. You quoted and said define success. Jury is out on Aquaman I think it’s fine movie. I’m going to see it again. It’s not better then WW
That's not what happened :lol:

I asked him what he meant by success and he started talking about quoted the worldwide box office post.

He's basically saying his definition of success is the box office #s.

BvS and MoS made money too. Hell JL made money. Yet he didn't include those.

I'm saying going from trash movies to mediocre ones isn't a reason to say there can't be a reboot.

And DC is currently trying to reboot on the fly anyway.

Saw Aquaman today, thought it was good. The Mera romance was forced badly but amber heard was looking good in that suit. Agree that the one on one or small scale action scenes were nice and the storyline didn’t drive me crazy. Patrick Wilson doesn’t sell me as a fighter :lol:

Had some feels when
atlanna was revealed to be alive.
Also in the post-credits scene how the hell did
black manta not drown in that suit dude should’ve been sunk to the bottom of the Mediterranean.

The CGI was good for some of the movie but a hot mess for most of it. Too many sea creatures fighting in the filtered ocean was a mess. Plus all the rain during the surface scenes made it difficult to watch.

Edit: now that I think of it the storyline with atlanna/Nicole Kidman reminded me of
ant-man 2 with the mother character saving her family and being trapped alone for 20+ years and saving the people who come to the zone

Last edited:
They should've had some other DC character that was trapped @ the center of the earth or w/e the **** that place was past the Trench for a nice Easter egg/tease.

Like Vandal Savage or something.

Y’all are really saying WW or Aquaman isn’t a success for Dceu?
If it were, you wouldn't have these big name actors rumored to be off the project.
With movies trying to establish an interconnected universe and continuity, success is a long term assessment, and I'm intrigued to see how DC pulls this off, as the odds aren't in their favor.
And MarvelSux MarvelSux , troll better. You're too obvious.

Back
Top Bottom