DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

The way they made Starro kill everyone that has a star attached definitely made him a no go for the JL. Can’t have none of them captured/taken by him cause it would kill them… maybe except Supes?
Definitely made the movie creepier and have more stakes when the stars started flying

Movie is worth the praise but they still lack something “smart” about it. Give the characters reason to be there. King shark could of been anyone. Harley could of been anyone. Throw in some nods as to why people are chosen. Just my opinion. Other than that, movie was right to the point

Nah Harley scene killing the President was great. Told my wife he should have sent her back to the US as soon as he could.

R.I.P. to Milton and of course it happened right when I asked what was he going to do? Homie couldn't sit in the bus nor go with him. smh should have left after dropping them off at the club.

That scene was played out perfect because that’s exactly how I felt, I seen dude running and I was like hold up...lol and then as I was gonna say, this dude gotta get killed, BOOM...then they actually addressed the ridiculousness of him still being with them 🤣 perfectly directed scene

Bloodsport Killed it too. I know Will Smith is pissed now. They basically made the same movie but this time they did it correctly

Movie is worth the praise but they still lack something “smart” about it. Give the characters reason to be there. King shark could of been anyone. Harley could of been anyone. Throw in some nods as to why people are chosen. Just my opinion. Other than that, movie was right to the point

i think thats the point of the movie, everyone's expendable and they are chosen because of their ability and because they are there to do the job, they actually explained why bloodsport and peacemakers in there but everyone else is just to make up a random team that no one would care if they die

king shark cant really be anyone, he wasnt used like taskmaster, he is a fan favorite of sorts and kind of the muscle and obviously they had fun with him eating people and that he is a shark so its even more random, killer croc could have replaced him but then they cant play off with the child-like comedy with him and probably didnt want to deal with ayers' crappy version

harley is harley, she's there because everyone else is b-tier/c-tier villains and outside of her, everyone could die

in the end, there were surprise deaths but the ones that survived are the ones that made sense but still not safe to die in the next film outside of harley

but the whole point of the squad is that it consists of people that could just die and no one cares (again outside of harley and thats why it might benefit if she's not part of the team)

will smith too in the first SS, seems like a dude who has a clause on his contract where he cant be killed off so im glad there were some scheduling conflict with him

I get all that, I mean as how they would pertain to the mission, not the characters themselves. King shark could of been there to communicate with star fish thing, rat girl could of been there to attempt to control the starfish, etc. in the cartoon movie, Harley was there because she knew the asylum layout. Simple things like that. Doesn’t add much but it kinda rounds out the logic a bit. Group A was there to get killed so group B could sneak in. That was great.

again, not a huge deal but 🤷🏽‍♂️

it never really bothered me because they just picked teams from a pool of their prisoners in belle reve and force them to do the mission, powers/abilities be damned, they never picked the perfect team for the job

the starro looks like a starfish but its not an animal, its an alien and i am not sure they even knew how big of a threat it was when they were sent there so they couldnt really plan for it ahead of time plus they knew king shark was a kids intelligence :lol:

they explained the ones that needed to be explained like bloodsport being the leader and peacemaker for doing whatever he is ordered to do no matter what and thats really all that mattered for the story really

hell they didnt even check if weasel could swimf or gods sake :rofl: and i think that set the tone of the movie

plus the movie was long enough, no need to have background story on each like the first SS did

good movie. wish i saw it in the theatres.
idris > will smith

dc should just try and poach all their creators from marvel cause this was better than all that other garbage they've been putting out.

it didnt work out with whedon but then again thats a different story

it was kind of weird/awkward when all the SS commercial says ”from the director of GotG” but hey if you can ride that marvel wave… why not :lol:

i think she just wanted a break from the character but she’s still trying to do a film with poison ivy, maybe as a birds of prey sequel?

it never really bothered me because they just picked teams from a pool of their prisoners in belle reve and force them to do the mission, powers/abilities be damned, they never picked the perfect team for the job

the starro looks like a starfish but its not an animal, its an alien and i am not sure they even knew how big of a threat it was when they were sent there so they couldnt really plan for it ahead of time plus they knew king shark was a kids intelligence :lol:

they explained the ones that needed to be explained like bloodsport being the leader and peacemaker for doing whatever he is ordered to do no matter what and thats really all that mattered for the story really

hell they didnt even check if weasel could swimf or gods sake :rofl: and i think that set the tone of the movie

plus the movie was long enough, no need to have background story on each like the first SS did
Again, I get all that. Thanks

Didn’t Robbie said she was done with Harley Quinn or am I mistaken
I keep seeing this but there's no articles about it.
it didnt work out with whedon but then again thats a different story

it was kind of weird/awkward when all the SS commercial says ”from the director of GotG” but hey if you can ride that marvel wave… why not :lol:
Can't even mention Whedon in good faith man :lol:

I'll always say let him make JL from the ground up and thats better than the two movies we did get.

DC isnt even Space Jam based on these opening Box Offcie #'s.

Lebron outdrew the Suicide Squad with the Looney Tunes by $10.5 million.

Space Jam was supposedly "terrible" and Suicide Squad was really good.

Did not matter.

Yall DC fanboys better use the Delt Variant card.

Margot, come to Marvel, you wanna be Spider-Ghost, Miles Morales as your boyfriend? You wanna be Gwenpool aka GP, have a buddy-cop movie with Deadpool? aka DP You want to be Gwen Stacy, be the reason Tom Holland's Spider-Man and Zendaya's MJ breakup? You can be all 3! Well give you a Gwen Stacy multi-verse movie and people will actually go watch it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom