DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

No Teen Titans show on TNT

TNT Passes on DC Comics Superhero Drama 'Titans'

Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind) was attached to the project.
The world of superheroes on the small screen won't be expanding on TNT.

In his first executive session as the president of TNT and TBS, Kevin Reilly revealed at Television Critics Association winter press tour that the former has passed on drama Titans, about superheroes-to-be.

"We just decided it wasn’t quite where we wanted to go," he said.

Not surprised, TNT is still trying to hammer down what kind of cable network they want to be with trying to get quality shows. They don't just want ratings but also shows that critically acclaimed.

DC shows not on the CW haven't been that good.

Exactly :lol:

The Pres last year said there's gonna be a new dedication to quality shows. I assume they want to be as successful as AMC. They gotta work for that.

AMC really only has the Walking Dead right?

Highly successful show, but I think that's their only successful show, and they can't ride that wave forever :lol:

I had hope for Into the Badlands, but that squashed two episodes in :lol:

TNT :lol: The only time I tune in are for basketball games.

Last edited:
I don't think the twd spinoff was that popular. So the booty show that is twd will probably be 15 seasons.

AMC really only has the Walking Dead right?

Highly successful show, but I think that's their only successful show, and they can't ride that wave forever :lol:

I had hope for Into the Badlands, but that squashed two episodes in :lol:

TNT :lol: The only time I tune in are for basketball games.
What are you talking about? I wasn't limiting this to comic book shows.

AMC established themselves with breakout hit shows in Mad Men and Breaking Bad. For the longest they were living off how great Mad Men was. It was guaranteed brilliance every season.

The Walking Dead is just a ratings hit. That trash show isn't involved in these cable networks gaining a reputation for themselves (FX, Showtime, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, etc.)

With that said, since BB and MM ended, AMC hasn't got another great show quality wise on the horizon. Which makes sense since great shows aren't just falling out of the sky like that.

Last edited:
I don't care about that saul show, they should've had a spinoff show with badger and skinny pete.

I enjoyed the show. I think it would be better and appeal to more people if it didn't have the kung fu / wire work fighting scenes. I watch a lot of Asian movies and it gets visually boring after a while.

I enjoyed the show. I think it would be better and appeal to more people if it didn't have the kung fu / wire work fighting scenes. I watch a lot of Asian movies and it gets visually boring after a while.

I thought that's what made it watchable. The story and characters themselves weren't really that compelling.

Without the Kung Fu, it's a generic apocalypse tale. I like the story and the world they are building.

DC Comics Workplace Comedy Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment

The primetime DC Comics universe is expanding in a comedy direction. In a competitive situation, Powerless, a half-hour single-camera comedy from A To Z creator Ben Queen and Warner Bros. TV, has landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.

The project evokes NBC’s signature comedy series The Office, but with superheroes. Based on characters from DC Comics, Powerless is a workplace comedy set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The show is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of superheroes and villains.

It hasn’t been determined yet exactly which DC characters will appear on thbenqueene show, but I hear the list is not expected to include the biggest DC brands like Batman and Superman. The focus of the series is on the ordinary, “power-less” folk working at the insurance company who often envy the men and women outside their window who make headlines with their supernatural powers.

DC Comics Workplace Comedy Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment

The primetime DC Comics universe is expanding in a comedy direction. In a competitive situation, Powerless, a half-hour single-camera comedy from A To Z creator Ben Queen and Warner Bros. TV, has landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.

The project evokes NBC’s signature comedy series The Office, but with superheroes. Based on characters from DC Comics, Powerless is a workplace comedy set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The show is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of superheroes and villains.

It hasn’t been determined yet exactly which DC characters will appear on thbenqueene show, but I hear the list is not expected to include the biggest DC brands like Batman and Superman. The focus of the series is on the ordinary, “power-less” folk working at the insurance company who often envy the men and women outside their window who make headlines with their supernatural powers.

Hope they have good writers. This can be gold or s***

so theyre just Using the premise of damage control 2 months after marvel announced that show? I guess we'll just have to see what's a better show & who comes out first

so theyre just Using the premise of damage control 2 months after marvel announced that show? I guess we'll just have to see what's a better show & who comes out first

That report is actually a bit late or has been updated but original story was from August of 2015: http://deadline.com/2015/08/dc-comics-powerless-comedy-series-nbc-1201499139/

Marvels series was first reported back in October of 2015: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/marvel-abc-comedy-tv-series-damage-control-1201608690/

So technically, DCs show was reported first.

Last edited:
When asked about the different stills and marketing material for Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (particualrly about Lex's hair), Jessie Eisenberg described the scene where Lex loses his hair as the greatest scene in his career to date. Said Eisenberg, "When you see the movie, you'll see. It's the greatest scene that I've ever gotten to take part in — it accounts for the change in hair."

Last edited:
Probably passed out drunk and someone shaved his head.
roll.gif

Bros being bros.
laugh.gif

The ***** drawn on his face will be the final straw pushing him full on into villainy.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom