DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Eh, jena malone is ok. This will be the first time we see Barbara in a live movie so I would've wanted someone more awesome. Still don't know how she got cast as a hot character in the hunger games movies.

I actually loved her in Catching Fire and she's a very capable actress. Probably got the nod since she worked with Snyder on Sucker Punch.

Hal Jordan shouldn't appear in BvS. Since they're going for a more "established" verse as opposed to origin stories, they should establish Hal as being a Green Lantern vet and off-world during the Kyrptonian/BvS crises.

Then for the GL Corps movie they could give us an "origin story" in the sense of John Stewart being chosen by the Corps and acting as the rookie being mentored by Hal. Would be a great way to introduce the viewer to the cosmic DCeU verse and introduce us to some neat space concepts, and even tease the inevitable Darkseid crisis like GoTG did with Thanos.

And at the end of GL Corps, they could make a point of there being a GL in space and one permanently stationed on Earth. This way Hal doesn't have to be in the JL movie and John can get his shine protecting the Earth from Apokolips

Last edited:
They shouldn't have showed that scene in the opening for the final trailer even though it was sick. Batman did work on them boys. Imagine seeing that scene for the first time in the theaters 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One of the most poignant and emotional scenes in Batman TV/Film history.. and it's animated.

As far as the Catwoman short goes, the animators had way too much fun on the strip club scene.
The Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best Comic book animation movies. I have it on DVD and watch from time to time. How sick would it be to have a live action movie for this. I wonder how they would pull of the Phantasm's look on screen. One can only wish for this kind of stuff.

Does anyone watch Young Justice on Netflix? Show is fire and should be a template for the DCU.
Man , I just finished season 2 yesturday. It's criminal how this show was canceled prematurly. Young Justice has some of the best/most mature writing for a cartoon I've seen since the Cadmus arc on JLU. The good thing is that the one of the creators of Young Justice just said that there is still hope for a season 3.

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/03/greg-weisman-teases-hope-for-young-justice-season-3/

Last edited:
^Well go watch it again on Netflix and get some friends to as well. They might consider it if they notice people watching it

Its a long shot but why not?

After the All-Star game I'll legit rewatch both seasons if there's even a sliver of truth that there is real hope for season 3.

^Well go watch it again on Netflix and get some friends to as well. They might consider it if they notice people watching it

People have to buy the toys though. And from the article it sounds like you also gotta tell females not to watch the cartoon.

Last edited:

People have to buy the toys though. And from the article it sounds like you also gotta tell females not to watch the cartoon.

The Star Wars thread shows me if they make good toys people will buy them and that's not going to happen with the females. They like the show because its good. This is a weird moment in history.

Batman Mask of the Phantasm remains one of the best animated DC films of all time and I would absolutely recommend it. Pick up Assault on Arkham as well. More of a Suicide Sqaud film than anything, but its in Gotham so Batman naturally appears in it, and it's very good. Leagues better than the films they've been releasing with Damian. Year One is solid, but if you've read the comic then you won't be getting anything new. It's pretty much lifted from that scene for scene. Does come with a nice Catwoman special though.
That Catwoman special was :pimp:

It really was though. In some ways I liked it better than Year One, which was still very good, since i'd never seen it (read it) before. I'm not a big Catwoman fan but I genuinely enjoyed the showcase.

One of the most poignant and emotional scenes in Batman TV/Film history.. and it's animated.

As far as the Catwoman short goes, the animators had way too much fun on the strip club scene.

Can never have too much fun in a strip club bro. :smokin

y cant he be more like this in his show

Lowkey, this is one of the best showcases DC's ever done. I re-watch it like every month or so. If DC was really smart they'd continue working on their animated films alongside the live action ones they've got planned, but also put some effort into developing seperate animated series again and connecting them. The way that Batman the Animated Series led to Superman the Animated Series, had a sequel with Batman Beyond, and then took the original two and went into Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, and even tied in Static Shock, was simply phenomonal. There's no other word for it. Overall, that's the best animated comic universe that we've ever gotten, with hit show after hit show and solid connections between them all. DC's started branching out with their live action shows, but there's really not any reason that they couldn't do the same with some animated shows as well. Young Justice alone proves that the market for animated shows is still there and DC's already planned a new JL animated series anyways. People would watch a Green Arrow show like this, that captures the charm and interesting aspects of the character, which was also well received in JLU. Heck they could've used YJ as a springboard for more shows if they really wanted to, also set in the same universe. Give us YJ, a Green Arrow show, Static and Arsenal with the Runaways, and something with another group of heroes, maybe the Justice Society or Outsiders, and you'll be in business.

And in all honesty the quality on other DC showcases, such as Catwoman, Spectre, and Jonah Hex, are top notch as well. I actually think that there could be a market for a Catwoman, or even a Batgirl show if they handled it properly.

Last edited:
Some rumor floating around is that Taron Egerton (Kingsman) might be the top choice for the role of /Jason Todd/Red Hood for the solo Batman film. Not much traction in the rumor but it's a good choice.

young justice is great

very bold move to switch it up so much from season 1 to 2 yet still keeping with the great writing 

Head and shoulders above Teen Titans, which was good in its own right. Just finished the last episode and realized, this is the last serious DC cartoon we had. Been watching this style of DC animation since Batman(art-style has been similar) and it sucks that they didn't continue because of lack of action figure sales. I see the viewerships rising(especially with BvsS coming out along side with DC animated film and Marvel content) with the hype surrounding superheroes these days. Hopefully that's enough to bring it back.

Last edited:
Season 3 of YJ is still possible? Just move it to Netflix and make it happen DC...please

Season 3 was about to be so goddamn lit with Darkseid and everything coming full circle :smh:

Last edited:
It took them forever to put season 2 up on netfix. They'll probably say season 3 soon and then 10 years later netfix will put out a trailer.

Honestly, it's not that farfetched to think we could get a season 3 of YJ. The same thing happended with Futurerama, Family Guy, and now the power puff girls. If we the fans buy the dvds/blu rays that will give WB a clear cut indication that enough people will support this property. But. I will admit the strange thing is that YJ had strong numbers when it was on CN.

Honestly, it's not that farfetched to think we could get a season 3 of YJ. The same thing happended with Futurerama, Family Guy, and now the power puff girls. If we the fans buy the dvds/blu rays that will give WB a clear cut indication that enough people will support this property. But. I will admit the strange thing is that YJ had strong numbers when it was on CN.
Not to mention hey Arnold ,rugrats & samurai jack coming back as well when they see steady veiwers on the reruns it always gives it a chance

Batman v Superman [emoji]10004[/emoji] @BatmanvSuperman

The bat is dead. Bury it. #BatmanvSuperman

CbRsKTpUcAE99mo.jpg

And extending that rumor that WB is worrie about BvS, it's not about how good the film is but how the audience who are used to Marvel-type of CBM might not like them/get them.

"They’re more concerned about how the audience will respond to it, and how it will perform at the box office. BOF speculates that the mainstream audience is used to the “popcorn” movies that Marvel produces, and won’t respond well to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s deep story that was written by an Oscar winner."

via Batman-News

I honestly think it's a dumb reason, don't ever think the audience isn't smart. With that said, I also see their point of view... I guess. There was also a report that Terios script for JL was deemed too complicated for the general public, which again is dumb but WB does have a lot riding on this so it can be true.

it's still all rumors though and WB execs definitely take a backlash if this was true and got leaked but in the end we just got to take it all in with a grain of salt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom