DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I was so disappointed in TDKR. There were good moments, but overall the movie was just a mess.

BB was solid. Kind of an afterthought for me not, though. There were so many changes with the city between Begins and TDK.

i feel the reason it was a bit of a mess is because of nolan trying to fit everything under 3 hrs

I was so disappointed in TDKR. There were good moments, but overall the movie was just a mess.

BB was solid. Kind of an afterthought for me
not, though. There were so many changes with the city between Begins and TDK.
Pretty much.

It wasn't anything special. Just good. I know I ended up liking a few cbm way more. Nolan came with a pretty different take on Batman.

Yikes, the Double Toasted crew just gave the movie a Rental all around. The word peppered throughout their review was "random." Oh well. :\

because there was parts that were taking from that, you call it an adaptation ?
:lol:
Premise of the movie: Gotham gets shut down, turns into chaos, and Batman tries to regain control
Yup, it was No Man's Land.

Nolan doesn't seem like a comic book guy to me. He's just a guy who's good at making movies, that happened to be in charge of the TDK series right?

Nolan doesn't seem like a comic book guy to me. He's just a guy who's good at making movies, that happened to be in charge of the TDK series right?
I thought he originally pitched Batman Begins to WB?

They greenlit that, it was a huge success, and they then made it a trilogy.

To be fair, I don't believe Nolan had the foresight for a trilogy.

What I do like is that he approached the films in different ways. BB was more of a traditional superhero film. TDK was a crime saga. TDKR was a war/revolution movie.

Man, y'all flip floppin.

When the trilogy came out, some of y'all was raving highs for it.. Now the slander? :lol:

Hands down best batman as to date..verdict is still out on the BvS.

Last edited:
They could have easily done this film without the batman vs superman aspect..

You still have all JL members involved to whatever degree that they are, but you just move the motivations slightly

Batman is still paranoid, which makes sense.. But he's their in a reconnaissance mission, he wants to find out as much as he can about supes in case things go sour.. But he isn't there for a fight.. We get to see detective batman and all that jazz

What happens in MOS also brings out Diana to check out what is going on

You have lex and you can even still have the whole doomsday thing still which proves to to be much for supes to handle alone.. So the others end up stepping in and supes realizes he can't do it alone

But you get a true superman sequel with cameos from batman and Wonder Woman.. And whatever happens with the others

Man, y'all flip floppin.

When the trilogy came out, some of y'all was raving highs for it.. Now the slander? :lol:

That's what I'm saying. Dudes talking about "afterthought" now that they've drowned in comic book movies.

BB was ill then and still holds up. I looked at RT. 94% audience. 84% critics. Like I said, Ledger's performance is really what separates the two and makes TDK a better film, but BB is a great ******* movie.

Last edited:
People who seen it. Are the action scenes really good?

Does the batmobile get any shine?
The "fight" between Batman and Superman was really just Batman beating Superman's ***. :lol: Batman going into the warehouse taking down 2 dozen armed dudes was flipping AMAZING! There was really only one scene where the Batmobile shined but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

DC should let Bruce Timm be their Feige

Also something to think about with BvS...

What if the 3-hour cut of the film is actually better? To flesh it out a little from what people have been saying...
they've made it seem like the DVD Cut is just more backstory and characters which might not help.

I really hope it is though.

Early reviews of BvS....ain't looking that hot.

From all the reviews I've watched, a lot of them bring up the fact that its a mess.

Man, y'all flip floppin.

I honestly do not recall crazy praise or raving for Batman Begins. Keep in mind this was 2005. Wasn't a lot of competition and it still wasn't dominating anything.

To me all the hype started for TDK and it was justified.

If you want to defend TDKR well you'll be on that hill with a few brave but foolish ppl.
Also something to think about with BvS...

What if the 3-hour cut of the film is actually better? Some reviewers have said that certain scenes don't have enough time to settle in...
That means the studio stupidly released the wrong version.

I also grow tired of hearing about how the director's cut is better or the director hates the version that's official. It's become the main defense for the Daredevil movie :lol:

You get your shot on release date. If ppl don't care to cop the dvd/blu-ray that's cuz of the first impression of the movie.

Last edited:
I randomly saw Batman Begins in the theatre one day. We left another movie and went into that one

I was 16 and had just started smoking weed

Ill never forget how good that movie experience was. Still a top 5 for me. Ive seen it way too many times

I randomly saw Batman Begins in the theatre one day. We left another movie and went into that one

I was 16 and had just started smoking weed

Ill never forget how good that movie experience was. Still a top 5 for me. Ive seen it way too many times

Quoted for the "randomly saw" because I was in the same boat and randomly saw begins. Movie was fantastic and is still underrated. Story wise might have been the best of the 3.

Tdkr deserves the slander. The whole punch Batman in the back to heal a broken bat nonsense. Top 5 laziest things in these modern cbms. I would've rather seen the Lazarus Pit.

Back
Top Bottom