DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

The whole james blake's first name being robin still makes me mad. He's not Robin. Why would Robin's real name be robin? Out of all the Robins not one has been someone named james blake.

It's not Snyders fault he was handed the impossible.

Secondly, some off ya'll are uncomfortably insecure 
laugh.gif

Nobody "hates" DC.

Nobody is rooting against DC.

There is no conspiracy to bring down DC 
laugh.gif

I liked tdkr
I just hated how hard it was to hear bane speak
Though what I did hear I liked
Cause he sounded so damn poetic :lol:
That I was molded by the darkness or whatever **** bane said was :pimp:
That was some real pimp **** to say to somebody while u whoopin they ***
Also hated how at the end
All he basically did to beat bane is mess up his mask :smh:
Though..... Now that I think about it
That's usually how batman always wins against bane in the comics

Also what's up with the Shazam movie
Is Shazam gonna be in the jl
Didn't the rock get cast as black Adam
That movie has the potential to be :pimp:

^ We'll see what happens with Shazam, its releasing through New Line films which is still under the WB umbrella.

I still think Joe Manganelio (sp?) is a good fit for Shazam. Could see him being a decent couterpart to The Rocks Black Adam.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I think Batman Begins is a good movie and I saw it the night it opened with all my friends. I like the movie, it did well to kind of set up the world around Batman...but there aren't any really memorable moments or lines from that movie. Maybe I just need to revisit that, but within the Dark Knight trilogy it feels like a completely different movie.

The Dark Knight made me look at Batman Begins more fondly. I feel like it had that effect with a lot of people.

Count me in the Batman Begins > The Dark Knight group.

But The Dark Knight was awesome too. I just prefer Batman Begins because it had a better, streamlined plot.

Batman Begins because it had a better, streamlined plot.
I agree. 

Still enjoyed TDK over BB even though BB was better put together.

I fell asleep on TDKR.

Only part worth watching was his initial fight with Bane.

Other then that straight snooze fest.

I randomly saw Batman Begins in the theatre one day. We left another movie and went into that one

I was 16 and had just started smoking weed

Ill never forget how good that movie experience was. Still a top 5 for me. Ive seen it way too many times

Quoted for the "randomly saw" because I was in the same boat and randomly saw begins. Movie was fantastic and is still underrated. Story wise might have been the best of the 3.

Slept on Begins in theaters but it's currently my favorite Batman movie too. Not to mention the Begins suit being my favorite Batman costume.

TDK hangs its hat on Heath Ledger's performance...that's it

Aside from that, BB is still the better overall movie. In fact, the best movie of the bunch.

Tdkr took me out of the movie with the way Bats recovered from his back injury and how he fought Bane at the end like he has strength that matches Bane's. Just lazy writing and choreography.

Last edited:
TDK hangs its hat on Heath Ledger's performance...that's it

Aside from that, BB is still the better overall movie
I see where your coming from. But where did  you see TDK make mishaps that put it behind BB?

I loved BB. Thought it was one of the few comic films that gracefully handled an origin storyline. However, TDK raises the bar in so many aspects than just Heath's Joker. The plot was super unexpected, plus the tension was high. In BB, once Scarecrow is introduced, it's a by the numbers as it gets for an action film. 

Again y'all can dislike or like parts of the TDK trilogy....

We all agree up to this date, it's still remains the best batman as of yet.

With the exception of the BvS, the verdict is still out on this :lol:

Idk about mishaps. To me it just felt like the TDK dragged unless the Joker was on screen. I also didn't think Bale's performance rose to meet Ledger's. Ideally, you'd like to see a push/pull between two great acting performances. You don't always get that, but dude let himself get completely out shined to the point where it felt like he was a guest in a joker movie :lol:

Like part of me wonders sometimes if Bale just decided to show up for BB and phone it in for the sequels.

Last edited:
TDK is the best movie, but Batman Begins is my favorite too.

My brother summed it up like this once and it makes sense. BB is the best Batman focused movie, but TDK and TDKR focus more on the villians than Bruce or Batman. Still that Trilogy is the greatest Trilogy in Superhero movie history. It's one of the greatest trilogies in Movie history.

Oh my poor boy, they still allow midnight releases at the theater you go to? Please don't die before you post.

I'm posting my review by 9 :smokin

I could go to a 6pm showing, but my friend is paying for my ticket and he has chosen midnight

Can't complain if it's free :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom