DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I am sooo amped for DCU they set up the next movies especially the rest of the league I was going nuts the theater

I think it showed what he really was, again just how he would be in the following films.

Some of his lines/speeches were good too, not the "red capes" line but I liked them. Would it have been delivered better by someone else, sure but I do think they just had this type of Lex in mind.

I did feel like if they really wanted Eisenberg to play the serious and diabolical Lex, he could have.

Is there a post credits scene?

@RFX can you give us your thoughts on Luthor?
There is no mid or post credit scene.

The movie is awesome.

People that hate it are entitled to their opinions.  The movie already made up its cost already is pre-sales.  So all the hate in the world will not make this movie bomb, too late for that.

Someone else pointed this out and I will re-iterate:  most-reviewers dis-like it, most audience members love it.

Going again Sunday with a larger group of people.

Rfx were there a ton of action?

I feel like there is enough, many says it starts slow but I really don't think it did, there was intense scenes in the beginning and then it calms down and sets up the third act where it just seems to keep going and going.

I guess there is that little gap there where there isn't much action but I think it has enough. Not to defend the film but I believe the R-rated blu-ray has like 30 minutes extra runtime and I assume some of those are the more brutal fight scenes that got cut to be PG13.

But overall by the end of the film you'd be pretty happy with the amount of action in the film.

I am sooo amped for DCU they set up the next movies especially the rest of the league I was going nuts the theater

Many complained that this was too forced and I could see where they were coming from, I personally didn't mind how it was shown but I think it would have been more epic had it been a post-credit scene.

Yes that should have been the post credit scene but.it was awesome nontheless.

Batman owns this movie real ****

Batman owns this movie real ****

Hence the thread title change :lol:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as sad as it is I do believe Snyder wanted to do a Batman film but had to deal with Superman. He probably prefers a WW film over Supes too, that wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
Also why was alfred looking like he could suit up? Lololol

I CANNOT wait for a batman solo film

I liked it that Alfred looks like he could go toe-to-toe anytime, a vastly different from the Nolanverse Alfred that looked like he is about to tip over and die. :lol:

Zack Snyder is that you?

I do the same with Marvel movies, but okay 
laugh.gif

Sheesh, all these bad reviews lowered my excitement to see this film
laugh.gif
 S/O to the fellow NT'er for sending the link for free tickets tho. Won't feel as bad if it ends up being trash to me. 

What makes you think Snyder feels this way about Supes? He made MoS

You'll see when you see BvS. I can see where it looks like Supes is in the backburner despite his name in the title. And trust me, I wanted this to be MoS2 and I think I may have even discussed this with you or someone else way back when it was first announced.

There is also this that I posted before and I really wouldn't be surprised if the Nolan and Snyder conversation went....

Nolan: Yo Zacky! We need to create a new DC world because GL sucked but with Supes this time, you up for it?

Zack: Can I do Batman instead?

Nolan: Nah but you can buff him up 300 style but no giant blue penis this time.

Zack: Okey dokey!

From the forums just an interesting story, here's actually what is the thing with Snyder and this new DCEU, apparently no one wanted to do it.

It was offered to Nolan and he turned it down because he wanted to move on from CBMs at the moment. So he was asked who he can vouch for and no one wants to take on the project. Nolan supposedly me with Gullimero Del Toro, Robert Zemeckis, Ben Affleck, Darren Aronofsky, Duncan Jones, Jonathan Liebesman, Matt Reeves, and Tony Scott before Zack Snyder for MOS.

Snyder, the ever comic book fan and risk taker (took on Watchmen, a movie most deemed unfilmable) was almost a last resort and even his wife supposedly warned him because he was still recovering from that owl cgi film and Sucker Punch.

But for all intents and purposes, Snyder was endorsed by Nolan (though not the first choice) and sold the film to WB with Goyers story.

This of course doesn't excuse what Snyder has done, I personally do not mind his directing but really he is just better at doing big action films, I don't want to say he is on the same level as Michael Bay but I think the simpler the story he has to tell the better the audience would accept his work?

With that said, if no one wanted to tackle this universe before, I could imagine how much difficult it is now to get someone on board to take over Snyder.

You would think if Snyder feels that way about Supes they would've recasted him or something :lol: or make some change to his personality, something

He's a vital cog to the DC universe. He's not someone you push to the side if you want to set up the universe.

Last edited:
I don't want to get crucified, but I see TDK as a decent movie with a classic performance

Not a classic movie to me tho

You would think if Snyder feels that way about Supes they would've recasted him or something :lol:

I mean he has the perfect look and I know you hate how he acts but not everyone feels the same hatred toward Cavill :lol:

Outside of his Tobey-Spidey-Faces, I think he is good as is. He just isn't given enough to work with and in BvS, he had more to work with but again the script has him being less cheery Clark of the past so you aren't going to see that diverse skill he may or may not have.

Back
Top Bottom