Dec 18 = Ether Day.

LOL @ anybody who thinks Nas won that battle on any type of level. You dudes can say what you want to, but at the end of the day if your "so called" enemy sleeps with your girl and you find out about it later its a wrap for you, simply put. Can you envision Nas's face after hearing this line for the first time......." I came in your bentley backseat, skeeted in your jeep left condoms on your baby seat" I imagine Nas looked a little bit like this...............
laugh.gif

I can just envision your face when you really thought Super Ugly was the first time Nas knew about Jay and his baby mom. Ridin don't get you nowhere, butthrown off the third leg of the Suzuki.....
laugh.gif
NAS WAS THE ONE WHO FIRSTONE TO BRING THE RELATIONSHIP UP. Nas got on some Art of War @@@! and said Jay shouldn't let his enemies know what you're thinking. That's when hestated in The Source that Jay's last line in Takeover(You know who did you know what with you know who, but let's keep that between me and you,for now) was about his baby mom and Jay's affair. He said Steve Stoute had let him know that Jay had been trying toget at his baby mom for a year...

Jay was eventually going to use it as a last resort anyway...Nas knew that and dropped the napalm bomb. Jay tries to counter and Mama Carter pulls the plug....Then Jay goes on Hot 97 to get consoled by Angie and the Tri-State...
laugh.gif
roll.gif

"I think it was kind of vulgar.."

what I never understood (and I'm a fan of both artists) is how people say Nas won when

A. Jay's diss songs were better: His flow, lyricism, jabs, even the beats! Hell Jay hit him with the Carmen haymaker.
B. Jay's career took off after the battle, and Nas' stayed stagnant (actually regressed a little)
C. Jay ended up signing Nas...

Hell I didn't even need the three points. Jay's disses were better! Nas had some good lines, but let's be real. Ether was novel when it came out,then everyone lost interest quick. I just thought Darth Vader yelling "+%$! Jay-Z" was hilarious, but come on. It was nothing but gay jokes and falseclaims. What was so hot about it?

That said, I understand the majority of the world thinks that Nas won and that alone will give the battle to him. But let's be objective for a minute. Why?

can just envision your face when you really thought Super Ugly was the first time Nas knew about Jay and his baby mom. Ridin don't get you nowhere, but thrown off the third leg of the Suzuki.....
laugh.gif
NAS WAS THE ONE WHO FIRST ONE TO BRING THE RELATIONSHIP UP. Nas got on some Art of War @@@! and said Jay shouldn't let his enemies know what you're thinking. That's when he stated in The Source that Jay's last line in Takeover(You know who did you know what with you know who, but let's keep that between me and you, for now) was about his baby mom and Jay's affair. He said Steve Stoute had let him know that Jay had been trying to get at his baby mom for a year...

You really think I thought Nas hearing Super Ugly was the first time he found out about Jay and Carmen, lol. Not even, of course Nas knew about Jay hittingCarmen common sense champ, but theres a big difference between just you and some members of your crew knowing something bad that happened to you vs. a bunch ofoutside people knowing that same bit of information, which from my point of view equals total embarrassment for Nas.
I will not lose so even in defeat it's a valuble lesson learned so it evens it up for me...

I always took that as Jay saying he took a L...

Damn if that's how you interpreted that line then I guess people don't know how to comprehend these days, SMH. Either way I think we all can agreethat both are great artists that have given us great/good music threw out the years.

I am a fan of both....but a much bigger Jay fan than Nas.

I always thought that Ether was better the Takeover, but in every hip hop magazine I've ever read, the Takeover blows Ether out of the water as far asreviews.

Just something to think about.

Originally Posted by AK Nako

what I never understood (and I'm a fan of both artists) is how people say Nas won when

A. Jay's diss songs were better: His flow, lyricism, jabs, even the beats! Hell Jay hit him with the Carmen haymaker.
B. Jay's career took off after the battle, and Nas' stayed stagnant (actually regressed a little)
C. Jay ended up signing Nas...

Hell I didn't even need the three points. Jay's disses were better! Nas had some good lines, but let's be real. Ether was novel when it came out, then everyone lost interest quick. I just thought Darth Vader yelling "+%$! Jay-Z" was hilarious, but come on. It was nothing but gay jokes and false claims. What was so hot about it?

That said, I understand the majority of the world thinks that Nas won and that alone will give the battle to him. But let's be objective for a minute. Why?

False "I gave you life when people was forgetting you mc'd" Jay breathed a ton of breath back into nas career, Plus Jay was the biggest starin rap at the time

^ He breathed breath BACK into Nas' career?

Yeah, people started to sleep on nas. Then the beef and Nas was big again. And since Stillmatic...? All he's had was "I know I can"

Duece King you are something else, your mother could die tomorrow and Jay would't give a i sh.

Jay admits he loses to Nas, in radio interviews, magazines and songs. Yet fans still think he won.

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

LOL @ anybody who thinks Nas won that battle on any type of level. You dudes can say what you want to, but at the end of the day if your "so called" enemy sleeps with your girl and you find out about it later its a wrap for you, simply put. Can you envision Nas's face after hearing this line for the first time......." I came in your bentley backseat, skeeted in your jeep left condoms on your baby seat" I imagine Nas looked a little bit like this...............
laugh.gif

I can just envision your face when you really thought Super Ugly was the first time Nas knew about Jay and his baby mom. Ridin don't get you nowhere, but thrown off the third leg of the Suzuki.....
laugh.gif
NAS WAS THE ONE WHO FIRST ONE TO BRING THE RELATIONSHIP UP. Nas got on some Art of War @@@! and said Jay shouldn't let his enemies know what you're thinking. That's when he stated in The Source that Jay's last line in Takeover(You know who did you know what with you know who, but let's keep that between me and you, for now) was about his baby mom and Jay's affair. He said Steve Stoute had let him know that Jay had been trying to get at his baby mom for a year...

Jay was eventually going to use it as a last resort anyway...Nas knew that and dropped the napalm bomb. Jay tries to counter and Mama Carter pulls the plug.... Then Jay goes on Hot 97 to get consoled by Angie and the Tri-State...
laugh.gif
roll.gif

"I think it was kind of vulgar.."

Then his Mom calls up and makes him look !+!$ by making him apologize infront of the whole city of New York and taking his words back about Carmen. AllApologetic, B-Move if you ask me.

Whats was even more desperate is after Ether caved in Jay-Z...Hov is mad tight because the whole New York witnessed him get knocked off the throne...and thenthis dude wants to hold a pay per view event for 1 million dollars where him and Nas would spit off top live....

and then all through the Blueprint 2 album he's sending subliminal messages at Nas like he can't cope with the loss....

Then his Mom calls up and makes him look !+!$ by making him apologize infront of the whole city of New York and taking his words back about Carmen. All Apologetic, B-Move if you ask me.
1 of the darkest hours for the ROC and especially Jigga. This is the 2nd time his mom made him take back his words or have him make other dudes onthe ROC take back their words(LOX vs ROC)

You dont know how it was being a Jigga fan hearin that
laugh.gif
shhh was brutal.

smokin.gif

i know Jay's mom called in...was it to the radio station, jay cell...what?

i would think Jay "allowed" his mom to do that...
when i say allow, its like he said its coool. my momms couldnt get on NT and make me apologize or whatever unless i "allowed" it to happen ya know?
and i aint defendin, just tryin to understand it.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

when i say allow, its like he said its coool. my momms couldnt get on NT and make me apologize or whatever unless i "allowed" it to happen ya know?

I mean you gotta think about it like this man 1 parent household Jigga got mad love for his moms and respects her. If you were on the radio and ya momscalls you and she probabaly hearin you are you gonna straight up IGNORE ya MOMS? I dont kno who would do something like that especially if you know its aboutsomethin ya moms dont agree with. Now yes he did allow her but the other option isnt good enough for his moms to be mad at him lata. You think a jamaican momscares about ya rep in the hood? dude already rich and that what matters to her. Cuz in her head she prob thinkin I dont want ppl thinkin this how I raised myson.

Also either way if everything I said isnt a factor he still let her do something and it wasnt a good look.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

I mean you gotta think about it like this man 1 parent household Jigga got mad love for his moms and respects her. If you were on the radio and ya moms calls you and she probabaly hearin you are you gonna straight up IGNORE ya MOMS? I dont kno who would do something like that especially if you know its about somethin ya moms dont agree with. Now yes he did allow her but the other option isnt good enough for his moms to be mad at him lata. You think a jamaican moms cares about ya rep in the hood? dude already rich and that what matters to her. Cuz in her head she prob thinkin I dont want ppl thinkin this how I raised my son.

Also either way if everything I said isnt a factor he still let her do something and it wasnt a good look.

smokin.gif

alright i see but you understand the point im makin right? Jay could take the call outside the room comeback and apologize or whatever. Angie or whate vershow they were on would askwould like to take the call on the air?.

eitherway.... Jay won imo.

One thing im glad that wasnt mentioned (if i cared i wouldnt bring it up) but how hyped peeps use to get over the whole "had to kill his whole squad"line.

i really need to do my paper but...

people, counter these
And bring it back up top, remove the fake king of New York
You show off, I count off when you sample my voice

This is where Nas claims to be cashing in on Jay's use of his sample.

LIE FROM NAS
you aint get a coin, you was gettin F!!!....searchlite publishin

And that's for certain, you clone me, your wack clothes line
I'd rather wear Sean John....

jealousy???
....you bore me with your fake coke rhymes
And those times, they never took place, you liar
UN was your first court case, you had no priors
You master fabricated stories of streets and sound slick

"project windows"???? Nas aint LIVe nothin....all tales
Youse the @*# model for Karl Kani/Esco ads

glasses.gif
... why shouldnt nas wear esco?
roll.gif

I've been !$*+%# over, left for dead, dissed and fogotten

stay relevant.

With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?
roll.gif

word?
That this Gay-Z and Cockafella Records wanted beef
Jaytapped your babymoms...?

You seem to be only concerned with dissin women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?

I think this one line made Jay make BP2 and show Nas' fans of his contradicting ways.

In '88 you was gettin chased through your buildin
Callin my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers

Nas was 15 in '88
another lie

Just Hawaiian shirts, hangin with little Chase
Nas??
6py7mzd.jpg

Rockefeller died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?

Boo step your ed game up

And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame
Lie

You a ****-ridin!#!+!!!, you love the attention
Queens*$+!$** run you*$+!$**, ask Russell Simmons

roll.gif
O really

when i was 13 i thought Nas won, just based off the fact he said "eminem murdered you on your own $%!%" then I had to write a paper my senior yearon the Jay vs Nas beef. I went back and revisted all the songs that were involved, and after analyzing the situation....its obvious Jay won. And honestly imnot even that big of a Jay fan (i think he is way to overrated) but dude DID win. Nas was super childish. Not to mention half if not all of Ether was a lie.man i remember 9th grade history class how upset i was when we were studying Rockefeller. I raised my hand and was like "but sir i thought rockefellerdied of aids." my teacher gave me the
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
I was
mad.gif
like "damn you escobar!" Ether is a dope song but i really dont see a line in there that trully killed Jay because jay countered most ofthem. but thats just IMO

thagreatj wrote:

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

I mean you gotta think about it like this man 1 parent household Jigga got mad love for his moms and respects her. If you were on the radio and ya moms calls you and she probabaly hearin you are you gonna straight up IGNORE ya MOMS? I dont kno who would do something like that especially if you know its about somethin ya moms dont agree with. Now yes he did allow her but the other option isnt good enough for his moms to be mad at him lata. You think a jamaican moms cares about ya rep in the hood? dude already rich and that what matters to her. Cuz in her head she prob thinkin I dont want ppl thinkin this how I raised my son.

smokin.gif

alright i see but you understand the point im makin right? Jay could take the call outside the room comeback and apologize or whatever. Angie or whate ver show they were on would askwould like to take the call on the air?.

eitherway.... Jay won imo.

One thing im glad that wasnt mentioned (if i cared i wouldnt bring it up) but how hyped peeps use to get over the whole "had to kill his whole squad" line.

i really need to do my paper but...

people, counter these

LIE FROM NAS

jealousy???

glasses.gif
roll.gif

stay relevant.

roll.gif

word?
Jay tapped your babymoms...?

I think this one line made Jay make BP2 and show Nas' fans of his contradicting ways.

Nas was 15 in '88
another lie

Just Hawaiian shirts, hangin with little Chase
Nas??
6py7mzd.jpg

Boo step your ed game up

Lie

roll.gif
O really

Should we call you Hova's son or Camel Jr.? or Baby Camel? or is that reserved for Bleek only.

`` ninja nas fell off the continent will he be content?
does this guy think hes tough cause the guy he got in the vidoe he shot ___ ( nah)
what lies ahead is your past
your whole entire life i'll rewind with one shotgun blast
send u back to the essence for gettin fresh with ya father really
YOU SHOULD OF GOTTEN HOVA'S SON ACROSS YOUR BELLY
tell me how i lost already , ur whole crew can hate me now i got yalls crosses ready
those in glass houses shall not throw stones
the facts still remain you want to say that _____
get of my ____jay that ____.``

Now that is from a unreleased jay track...and all those lines are hard, better than super ugly..although some words is missing....

people, counter these
^I'll counter you in blue text

LIE FROM NAS

^Thats not what he meant its just you drawing assumptions and reaching
URL]

jealousy???
^Look at where Rocawear is now...straight fubu status...atleast Sean John got that store on madison ave..

^I suppose Jay is the kingpin drug dealer boss he claims to be...because Memphis Bleek is the only one that co-signs Jay beingBrooklyn's Tony Montana...Rappers lie 99.9% of their hood stories..

glasses.gif
roll.gif

stay relevant.

URL]

word? ^All his albums went plat...you mean he dont got money?
Jaytapped your babymoms...?

I think this oneline made Jay make BP2 and show Nas' fans of his contradicting ways
^Thats true though.

Nas was 15 in '88
another lie

^Good math. This line is when Jay called Nas begging for him to collab on reasonable doubt. Nas never returned calls even when Jay toldNas to come through, Jay took it as disrespect.
Just Hawaiian shirts, hangin with little CHAINS (not chase)
Nas??
URL]

Boo step your ed game up

^I think he said Rockefeller died of AGE, not aids. But don't quote me on that.

Lie
^agreed

URL]
O really
Russell Simmons is co-founder of Def Jam. Jay was signed to Def Jam. Russ Simmons is from Queens. This is 2001, not 07. Jaydont run Def jam.

Stop Idolizing rappers...

^Serchlite publishing paid Nas a percentage though, we all know he doesn't own his masters

word?

^are you serious? he was talking about folks in his inner circle

Olu Dara: Doesn't he have more money than you? (something along those lines)
Nas: YEAH he is pretty well off (something along those lines)

^but Jay records a song on his double disc album called "B****** & Sisters" hmm......

Nas was 15 in '88

^they met each other for the first time in 91 on tour with Large Professor, "Partner I'm still spending money from 88" & "Back in 88when I was pushin weight" 88 seems like it was a important" year for him, as far as the second line goes, Reasonable Doubt? Can I Live? DeadPresidents video shoot?

^yeah I don't like that line as well, that and "whiskers like a rat" are the only two things I don't like about Ether, and "KRS alreadymade a album called Blueprint first"

^lol uh a 2pac sample, "Mobb Sleep & Notorious P.I.G." quite obvious buddy

How you compare Jay wearin Hawain shirts to Nas wearing African attire . . . Thats the foundation of every article of clothing to this day. Hip hop fans arejust plain old stupid . . . But what else is new

Back
Top Bottom