Dec 18 = Ether Day.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

who here has heard the ether acapellas?
sounds amateur.
Yea and Super Ugly acapellas were atrocious

smokin.gif

Now that is from a unreleased jay track...and all those lines are hard, better than super ugly..although some words is missing....
i quoted that last week, you aint spittin knowledge. O ima "debate" with you, but unless you come with better "rebuttles", imaignore you cause you are spittin typical answers that well.... ima keep it nice and respectful.

^Thats not what he meant its just you drawing assumptions and reaching
then what did he mean?

^Look at where Rocawear is now...straight fubu status...atleast Sean John got that store on madison ave..
what kind of answer/reply isthis? Jay sold it for $204 million (cash) chance of gettin $35mill in stocks (might be off on that #) and remained the "boss" find the article if youneed to.
^I suppose Jay is the kingpin drug dealer boss he claims to be...because Memphis Bleek is the only one that co-signs Jay being Brooklyn's Tony Montana...Rappers lie 99.9% of their hood stories..
Point out the lines (more thenone) where he is doin such things. Memph bleek huh? check Nas' ol protege quan, C klien tho he switchin up now, they all vouched for Jay.
why shouldnt nas wear esco?
Why would he rather wear seanJohn? and how you say look at Rocawear now? wheres Esco...if you keep up with these "stupid A!! rebuttles u gettin on ignore. you contradictin likeNas.
All his albums went plat...you mean he dont got money?
No, i mean, Jay is not out forhis money like nas stated, Jay prolly worth 10x's more then him.
^Thats true though.
I dont tell lies
I think he said Rockefeller died of AGE, not aids. But don't quote me on that.
still doesnt make sense, died ofAge? thats a good thing.
eyes.gif

Russell Simmons is co-founder of Def Jam. Jay was signed to Def Jam. Russ Simmons is from Queens. This is 2001, not 07. Jay dont run Def jam.

Stop Idolizing rappers...

Uhh, Nas works under Jaynow
wink.gif

stop makin up silly arguments
happy.gif

NOw onto Da Publisher

Serchlite publishing paid Nas a percentage though, we all know he doesn't own his masters
just a percentage? How youknow?

^
but Jay records a song on his double disc album called "B****** & Sisters" hmm......
if anything, thats uplifting songto the REAL WOMEN
roll.gif
dead serious too, iveposted that on myspace and had females quotin/repostin/ wonderin where i got that from. you need to listen better or go find a new type of music to listen to (i didnt feel like quotin jay
wink.gif
)

gthey met each other for the first time in 91 on tour with Large Professor, "Partner I'm still spending money from 88" & "Back in 88 when I was pushin weight" 88 seems like it was a important" year for him, as far as the second line goes, Reasonable Doubt? Can I Live? Dead Presidents video shoot?
you proved my damn point
grin.gif

starvin points

How you compare Jay wearin Hawain shirts to Nas wearing African attire . . . Thats the foundation of every article of clothing to this day. Hip hop fans are just plain old stupid . . . But what else is new
come on

fam, if Illuztrious is
URL]
then i know i have a point. do you want me topost Nas in leather overalls?
who here has heard the ether acapellas?
sounds amateur.
i would love to hear it.

are dudes analyzing every word said in the ether?
laugh.gif
I think you guys aremissing the point of a diss track. whether everything said is true or not, at the end of the day....Nas hurt and clowned Jay with ether...Jay stans can'tdeny that because there is proof of Jay hurt and shook. Dude sounded like a straight female in that angie interview. I bet it hurts some of you to hear Jaylike that. Dude got humbled, at the end of the day.

Calvin Klein and that other dude with all the DVDS stay#!@*+$%*% on Jay....C.Klein even said Jay raps about others experiences including C.Klein's drugdealin' past....

thagreatJ all your responses didn't answer anything...it was just petty and childish...

Thats your new name though thagreatj...you Baby Camel....you right under Bleek....

why shouldnt nas wear esco?
Why would he rather wear seanJohn? and how you say look at Rocawear now? wheres Esco...if you keep up with these "stupid A!! rebuttles u gettin on ignore. you contradictin likeNas.

^First of all dummie...I didn't even ask that question..it was Buddha Bless....I could give a*+!% about Esco or Rocawear...both of them joints is deadbrands...just like Ecko, Enyce, Fubu, etc.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

are dudes analyzing every word said in the ether?
laugh.gif
I think you guys are missing the point of a diss track. whether everything said is true or not, at the end of the day....Nas hurt and clowned Jay with ether...Jay stans can't deny that because there is proof of Jay hurt and shook. Dude sounded like a straight female in that angie interview. I bet it hurts some of you to hear Jay like that. Dude got humbled, at the end of the day.
yes he did
laugh.gif

and we, well me, im just analyzin lyrics.

and as far as Mickeymoss who just typed in the http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/702243/t/Why-does-Jay-Z-think-hes-so-cool-.html#reply-702243thread.
Mickey Moss wrote:
Jay-Z is 38 and has hideous facial features....His nose is a monstrosity, his teeth are crooked, he has the Morgan Freeman freckles, gargantuan lips that look deformed.....

I mean Jay got the whips, the cribs, the jewels, the chick and everything...but put it like this...

How can you look up to a dude if it wasn't for the cash and fame wouldn't be getting$@$@ or brain?

You are officially a ____ . or you better be a female you ______. thats wild 00

^First of all dummie...I didn't even ask that question..it was Buddha Bless....I could give a*+!% about Esco or Rocawear...both of them joints is dead brands...just like Ecko, Enyce, Fubu, etc.
Whoa whoa whoa go back n look in this thread when da @+$% did I get involved with yall back n forth n analyzin lyrics?

PLEASE quote me on w/e I said about Esco clothing line or Sean Jean or any of that issh Im sittin back laughin at this. Dont be throwin my name out ther unlessyou're a 100 on it

smokin.gif

hov stans cant give it up. this sounds almost as bad if someone tried to convince me benzino wrecked em or something.

how does dude admit he lost, its clear he got smoked, and ppl cant just let it go. it was a good battle but nas, highkicked, forward, hold for 3 secondsrelease. [fatality] dude. give it up.

can someone fill me in on the jadakiss line thoo... ? you start... apologize...... ask kiss?

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

hov stans cant give it up. this sounds almost as bad if someone tried to convince me benzino wrecked em or something.

how does dude admit he lost, its clear he got smoked, and ppl cant just let it go. it was a good battle but nas, highkicked, forward, hold for 3 seconds release. [fatality] dude. give it up.

can someone fill me in on the jadakiss line thoo... ? you start... apologize...... ask kiss?

I cant remember anymore if he said anything on the radio but I have this song where Jigga n some otha dude are blatantly dissin jadakiss. Shhh is crazy maddope track, I use to wonder if ppl ever heard it isssh is crazy its just labeled under freestyle for me. I'll upload it lata for yall to hear

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

You don't have to be gay to call another dude ugly.

you really up at 3AM in the morning discussing a man's look, how gay are you b? Cats really ain't got lives anymore huh....

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

how does dude admit he lost, its clear he got smoked, and ppl cant just let it go. it was a good battle but nas, highkicked, forward, hold for 3 seconds release. [fatality] dude. give it up.

Let me fill you in...Jigga ran into Styles P and Jadakiss in the club...this is when both camps was throwing shots at each other and had hostility towardseach other...So Jigga and Jada bump heads, and instead of scrapping and#@#@...Jay-Z types in his two-way and apologizes to Jadakiss...Backing down from anyconfrontation...because Jay aint want none...I think after that they pop bottles, not sure..

``You pop#@#@, then apologize, ninja just ask kiss``

Jay was straight Camel Toe that day...
eyes.gif

How did this go from talking about one song to talking about clothng lines and crap? Damn I'm a Jay fan but his nut buddies will find any way possible todefend him. Out of all the diss tracks, Ether was the best song and that's it. Jay took an L and that was that. Both have moved on so why can't thesescrotum monkeys stop swinging around and move on too?

I tried to refrain posting on this thread but to see it continue to go on for a few days is getting ridiculous. First off, I am a Jay-Z fan and he is tops onmy list (we all have our opinions). I am not a huge Nas fan but I respect the hell outta him. However, I can be un-biased and not show favortism towards oneside or another in a debate. And with that being said, Jay did infact LOSE the battle between himself and Nas.

However

He lost not because he recorded lower quality tracks then Nas, not because he was "outshined" or simply out "rapped." In all reality if allthe diss tracks were simply evaluated on lyrics and the ability to "expose" a rapper, Jay would have been declared the winner hands down. Yes again,I am a hov fan. But for you Nas fan's out there if you could really (really) sit there, LISTEN with an open mind, and tell me that bar for bar, Jay did NOTcome harder then Nas in takeover/superugly, you sippin too much of that kool-aid. "****efeller", "tai-bo#!%$", and DSL lips cannotcompensate for breaking a mans career down in 1 verse, then going at a women who birthed your child. I'm sorry but unbiasedly (that is keyword in thissentence) it's not even close.

With all that being said, Jay was doomed from the start to lose this battle. It doesnt matter what he said, no matter how good or how bad it was, he wouldnever get the public's nod for victory. And the reason is simple:

David vs. Goliath analogy

In these scenarios, the public opinion more time then not loves to root for the underdog. Jay is obviously Goliath in this scenario. You would be hard pressedto find name a rapper hotter then Jay back during this period. Sure you can say some rappers were "better" then him at the time, but its not aboutwhat may or may NOT be true. what matters is as a whole, the popular public opinion is that Jay-Z was #1 at this time. When you are on top (the tippy top),people love to bring you down, its as simple as that.

Nas being the underdog, and a very capable one at that, saw his oppurtunity when provoked by Jay. When he responded with Ether, he had had what is singlehandedly the best word to describe why he did infact defeat Jay-Z.

Momentum.

Ether was a head banger, easy to listen to, easy to bob your head to, and full of punch lines galore. VERY easy to interpret, and appreciated by the averagelistener aka, the popular opinion. Hell even I was bobbin my head to it when i heard it the first time. Though not nearly as 'insightful' for lack of abetter word, as Takeover, it was indeed damaging. So the average joe, who may be impartial to both parties, could listen to both tracks, and easily side withthe more 'ear friendly' Ether. Even the average joe's who are impartial, but know of Jay's status could listen to both tracks, and thatroot-for-the-underdog mentatily could kick in and easily again side with Ether. All in all, Ether had a spark, and its easy to see that nothing else Jay triedto retaliate with could allow him to put out a forest fire so to speak. (super ugly, blueprint 2)

And I believe this is why Jay even admits to losing, "for even in defeat a valuable lesson is learned so it evens it up for me" i believe the bargoes.

For all you Nas fans who know football, here's another comparision:

assuming your not Patriots fans, im willing to bet most of you (greater then 50%) can't wait for someone to end their winning streak. Someone to top theuptoppable. Thats human nature, root for the underdog, David vs Goliath.

Originally Posted by airjzz

I tried to refrain posting on this thread but to see it continue to go on for a few days is getting ridiculous. First off, I am a Jay-Z fan and he is tops on my list (we all have our opinions). I am not a huge Nas fan but I respect the hell outta him. However, I can be un-biased and not show favortism towards one side or another in a debate. And with that being said, Jay did infact LOSE the battle between himself and Nas.

However

He lost not because he recorded lower quality tracks then Nas, not because he was "outshined" or simply out "rapped." In all reality if all the diss tracks were simply evaluated on lyrics and the ability to "expose" a rapper, Jay would have been declared the winner hands down. Yes again, I am a hov fan. But for you Nas fan's out there if you could really (really) sit there, LISTEN with an open mind, and tell me that bar for bar, Jay did NOT come harder then Nas in takeover/superugly, you sippin too much of that kool-aid. "****efeller", "tai-bo#!%$", and DSL lips cannot compensate for breaking a mans career down in 1 verse, then going at a women who birthed your child. I'm sorry but unbiasedly (that is keyword in this sentence) it's not even close.

With all that being said, Jay was doomed from the start to lose this battle. It doesnt matter what he said, no matter how good or how bad it was, he would never get the public's nod for victory. And the reason is simple:

David vs. Goliath analogy

In these scenarios, the public opinion more time then not loves to root for the underdog. Jay is obviously Goliath in this scenario. You would be hard pressed to find name a rapper hotter then Jay back during this period. Sure you can say some rappers were "better" then him at the time, but its not about what may or may NOT be true. what matters is as a whole, the popular public opinion is that Jay-Z was #1 at this time. When you are on top (the tippy top), people love to bring you down, its as simple as that.

Nas being the underdog, and a very capable one at that, saw his oppurtunity when provoked by Jay. When he responded with Ether, he had had what is single handedly the best word to describe why he did infact defeat Jay-Z.

Momentum.

Ether was a head banger, easy to listen to, easy to bob your head to, and full of punch lines galore. VERY easy to interpret, and appreciated by the average listener aka, the popular opinion. Hell even I was bobbin my head to it when i heard it the first time. Though not nearly as 'insightful' for lack of a better word, as Takeover, it was indeed damaging. So the average joe, who may be impartial to both parties, could listen to both tracks, and easily side with the more 'ear friendly' Ether. Even the average joe's who are impartial, but know of Jay's status could listen to both tracks, and that root-for-the-underdog mentatily could kick in and easily again side with Ether. All in all, Ether had a spark, and its easy to see that nothing else Jay tried to retaliate with could allow him to put out a forest fire so to speak. (super ugly, blueprint 2)

And I believe this is why Jay even admits to losing, "for even in defeat a valuable lesson is learned so it evens it up for me" i believe the bar goes.

For all you Nas fans who know football, here's another comparision:

assuming your not Patriots fans, im willing to bet most of you (greater then 50%) can't wait for someone to end their winning streak. Someone to top the uptoppable. Thats human nature, root for the underdog, David vs Goliath.

That 1st bold and then seeing all you wrote leads me to believe you are a liar. Props to anybody reading all this drop some cliffnotes if its worthresponding to
How did this go from talking about one song to talking about clothng lines and crap? Damn I'm a Jay fan but his nut buddies will find any way possible to defend him. Out of all the diss tracks, Ether was the best song and that's it. Jay took an L and that was that. Both have moved on so why can't these scrotum monkeys stop swinging around and move on too?
Preach!!!!!!!!!!

smokin.gif

Esco wasn`t Nas` clothing label you fools , it was Willie Esco`s .

I swear you cats are like lil girls in here.

So its true that Jay-Z was pleading and begging for Nas to appear on the Dead Presidents video. I swear, Jay-Z was infatuated with Nas back in the day. Jay-Ztold E-Money Bags to tell Nas to appear on Jay's video.

Here's the Convo between E-Money Bags and Jay-Z:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGE THE GAME? NO N!GGA CHANGE THE NAME!

E-Moneybags: I was chillin when one of my n!ggas approached me on it (a new artist under the Rocafella camp who goes by the name of Ace-Money-bags). So I checkthe n!gga (Jay-Z) on it. I called up there (Jay-Z was on the air at Hot 97FM), actually P (Prodigy) called up there, So he came to the phone thinking he wasgoing to speak to Prodigy, P put me on the phone;

E-Moneybags: What's the word son, it's me E-Moneybags.

Jay-Z: What's up?

E-Moneybags: What's the word son, why'd you go give a n!gga my name?

Jay-Z: Yo, i don't appreciate you got this little youngster passing me the phone (referring to Prodigy)

E-Moneybags: I don't appreciate you having a n!gga up there wit my name! What you got to say about that?

Jay-Z: Dog, that's his name. You want to speak to him?

E-Moneybags: Yeah, put Hyrone on the phone. Yeah, I know the n!gga name is Hyrone.

Jay-Z: Yo, E man, I don't respect this.

E-Moneybags: Why you ain't respecting that I'm asking about a n!gga wit my name dog? You acting like you didn't holla at me to get Nas for you(Jay-Z wanted Nas to appear in one of his videos).

Jay-Z: That was then.

E-Moneybags: Oh, you that now...oh, you built like that duke...nah you ain't built like that! Yo, I ain't got nothing more to say

THE AFTERMATH

E-Moneybags: We left it at that and hung up the phone. But what the fukk you calling Nas an hour later copping pleas telling him chill we (Jay-Z andE-Moneybags) went to school together, why you letting Prodigy gas it up like that? Like he wasn't on the radio with Angie Martinez, he doesn't rememberthat?

Johnny Handsome (rapper under the Imperial record label): Right now it's verbal. They can take it however they want to take it. (If there was anopportunity for you and Ace-moneybags to battle, would you be willing?) I'm down for whatever, whenever - Grand Imperial is here. Tell that n!gga to holla!

E-Moneybags: You (Jay-Z) didn't hear me and Prodigy on Hot 97 barking on you about that? We're even on a mixed tape and Amil (formerly signed toRoc-a-Fella Records) hopped on the$#*!#...it's war man, y'all n!ggas playing war. You (Jay-Z) forced my hand man, so gonna give y'all n!ggas whaty'all want in rap, and whatever else...y'all wanna take it further, then hey, I'm built for that. Y'all know how it is going to go if you gothere. I really doubt that though. People on the radio talking bout they love their life, they don't want it to come to this. So why front on the phonelike you wanted it like that! I don't write lyrics I write live-its, cause I live this$#*!#.

^Preme murked E-Money Bags because E-Money Bags murked someone on Preme's teams.

Nas interview on Funk Flex in 2001
http://www.zshare.net/audio/4339764882282b/

eek.gif
Jungle was wylin...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

I tried to refrain posting on this thread

That 1st bold and then seeing all you wrote leads me to believe you are a liar. Props to anybody reading all this drop some cliffnotes if its worth responding to
You read 6 words and believe im a liar? Riiiight. No cliff notes, step ya comprehension game up.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

I tried to refrain posting on this thread

That 1st bold and then seeing all you wrote leads me to believe you are a liar. Props to anybody reading all this drop some cliffnotes if its worth responding to
You read 6 words and believe im a liar? Riiiight. No cliff notes, step ya comprehension game up.
wink.gif

No you fail to comprehend you said you tried to refrain from posting and I believe that is a lie. What is so hard to understand about that? It aint my faultyou wanna act like you didnt spend a good 10 to 15 min typin all that shh out. Your avy fits you well.

smokin.gif

Jay sampled his voice on his song from illmatic

Jay is always citing Illmatic as a masterpiece and one of his fav. albums.

What I want to know is how you look up to someone that is younger than you?
that's all Nas has on Jay.
That & Illmatic being the best hip hop album of all time.

you proved my damn point

^no I didn't man, you just didn't understand it

Esco wasn`t Nas` clothing label you fools , it was Willie Esco`s .

^uh huh........

Back
Top Bottom