December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

This Last Ride doc is really good. None of the fluff and revising like some of those other ones

Started it last night & finished this morning. Really great watch, all five chapters.

I had chills when he learned his brother passed as he was prepping for the Boneyard match. And just overall, he toyed with retiring so often for years. I truly hope the match with A.J. was his last. Though if this doc says anything, it's that he's going to find it in himself to perform one last time in front of fans this time.... whenever that may be.

I don’t know if we have any collectors out there, and outing myself as one is whatever at this point, but did anyone else preorder the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Elite Mr. T when it went up yesterday? I think it’s crazy they got to make him. Hopefully we get an Wrestlemania 14 Mike Tyson now.

If he were in better shape for the match with Reigns at WM33, it would've been the perfect last match.

I also always kinda thought it would be cool if he lost in a casket match as his final match.
Roman blamed himself for how bad the Wrestlemania match was which sucks because it wasn’t his fault

Roman blamed himself for how bad the Wrestlemania match was which sucks because it wasn’t his fault
Roman gets a lot of **** and gets down on himself a lot. I actually met and talked to him at a signing and the dude is an unbelievably nice guy and someone you WISH could get over. If this was ‘93-‘95 he would be really over with the crowd

Roman gets a lot of **** and gets down on himself a lot. I actually met and talked to him at a signing and the dude is an unbelievably nice guy and someone you WISH could get over. If this was ‘93-‘95 he would be really over with the crowd
He needs to ditch the shield music, shield gear, and they need to let Roman be himself

Dude has a nature charisma, and can cut great promos, but he seems to be micromanaged. All he has to do is make them loosen his leash or come off it completely. Roman has all time great potential:

I feel like he said that to take the heat off of the Old Man. Nobody with two eyes believes he was the reason why.

TO ME, that's just him being the locker room leader type like Taker himself was. Has too much respect for Taker to say anything otherwise.

I think everyone knows that the match wasn't his fault though.

Case Case

I don’t know if we have any collectors out there, and outing myself as one is whatever at this point, but did anyone else preorder the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Elite Mr. T when it went up yesterday? I think it’s crazy they got to make him. Hopefully we get an Wrestlemania 14 Mike Tyson now.

I saw it, but couldn't pull the trigger for some reason haha. They did a damn good job with every aspect of it though.

Damn. Folks saying she might be out til the Rumble.

Time for Bianca and Baze though.

Damn. Folks saying she might be out til the Rumble.

Time for Bianca and Baze though.

She’ll be back just in time then

1592928767065.jpeg

6 Rings G.O.A.T. 6 Rings G.O.A.T.

Rarely does a Japanese wrestler have the ability/experience to be able to perfectly blend wrestling skill with "American Entertainment." She has IT.

Too bad Nakamura never took notes from her. Maybe he could've been something.
Good call. Her and Tozawa for sure.

Nakamura doesn't have IT. Can't wrestle well and lacks the charisma to get over for an American audience.

Good call. Her and Tozawa for sure.

Nakamura doesn't have IT. Can't wrestle well and lacks the charisma to get over for an American audience.
In all seriousness. Legit question.

Do you think

A. HE doesn't have THE charisma to get over with American audiences

or

B. He doesn't have THE charisma to get over with WWE audiences in the way that he is presented by WWE creative.

I think there is a difference. A severe difference.

Hypothetically speaking, if he was in WCW during the early/mid 90s, (before Russo), there is no doubt he would be presented in a way that would get over with American audiences.

I just think we should be careful with believing because someone doesn't "get over" in the way WWE presents them is a reflection of their complete existence/profile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom