December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

I'm deadass, they literally changed how ppl even wrote music b/c of the things they touched on. Andy Warhol who is amongst the most influential modern artist to exist was even their manager. Sales are great, but influence is better.

Plus, historically underground artist are always the most influential the set the trends. I can guarantee you that just about any band you like wouldn't exist w/o them. Think of Dynamite Kid. The average wrestling fan that aren't nerds on a message probably doesn't know who the hell Dynamite Kid is, but that guys influence is everywhere. You almost can't watch a wrestling match w/o seeing his essence. & u can't say the same for a Hulk Hogan. There's no way a band like Nirvana would exist w/o The Velvet Underground.
Jordan Laughing.gif

Dynamite was not nearly as influential as Hogan..You can say his style was a big influence, but to say he impacted the entire sport/world more than Hulk is just laughable..Saying Velvet, and no name underground artists, are more influential than the Beatles is like saying Sting is more influential than Ric Flair..Yeah Sting is popular and has made a big impact, but what he's done in the business and the people he's touched globally can't compare to the Nature Boy..

As I said with Jericho, since they moved around SO much before WWE, I don't even view them as belonging to ONE company.

Those dudes were in ECW, Japan, Mexico, WCW before coming to WWE well after they had been pros for 15 years.

Not calling them WWE dudes.
But how can you not call them all WWE guys?..Every single one, except Malenko, had their largest success in WWE..They made the most money, held the biggest titles, and headlined the most PPVs all while in WWE..Not knocking or taking away from what they did before, but they're definitely WWE guys..It's like saying Babe Ruth isn't a Yankess guy because he was with Boston before that and had success there..

As I said with Jericho, since they moved around SO much before WWE, I don't even view them as belonging to ONE company.

Those dudes were in ECW, Japan, Mexico, WCW before coming to WWE well after they had been pros for 15 years.

Not calling them WWE dudes.
I agree because a lot of the guys mentioned Were known and their WWE debuts were already hyped. If you know the person before the big stage that is WWE then they are not a WWE guy.

I'm deadass, they literally changed how ppl even wrote music b/c of the things they touched on. Andy Warhol who is amongst the most influential modern artist to exist was even their manager. Sales are great, but influence is better.

Plus, historically underground artist are always the most influential the set the trends. I can guarantee you that just about any band you like wouldn't exist w/o them. Think of Dynamite Kid. The average wrestling fan that aren't nerds on a message probably doesn't know who the hell Dynamite Kid is, but that guys influence is everywhere. You almost can't watch a wrestling match w/o seeing his essence. & u can't say the same for a Hulk Hogan. There's no way a band like Nirvana would exist w/o The Velvet Underground.

Since you’re so underground what are your Thoughts on Bahamadia’s B-sides
Jordan Laughing.gif

Dynamite was not nearly as influential as Hogan..You can say his style was a big influence, but to say he impacted the entire sport/world more than Hulk is just laughable..Saying Velvet, and no name underground artists, are more influential than the Beatles is like saying Sting is more influential than Ric Flair..Yeah Sting is popular and has made a big impact, but what he's done in the business and the people he's touched globally can't compare to the Nature Boy..
Thoughts on Pink Floyd?

Ehhhh, as long as the WWE acted like being from WCW/ECW was a stench that they had to wash off and clean up, I’ll think of them as WCW/ECW guys.

Since you’re so underground what are your Thoughts on Bahamadia’s B-sides

Thoughts on Pink Floyd?

Massively influential..Groundbreaking artists..And impacted more peoples' lives than the Underground..I really started to get into their music in my 30's..Actually had tickets to go see Roger Waters play in Cincy this summer but Covid ruined that..Also was supposed to go see the Stones, another band bigger and more influential than the VU, but Covid ruined that as well..

Ehhhh, as long as the WWE acted like being from WCW/ECW was a stench that they had to wash off and clean up, I’ll think of them as WCW/ECW guys.

You think WWE acted like that for those group of guys?..I felt like they got pushed to the moon when the came in and continued to get pushed hard until they died/retired..

Now I'd probably agree with you if we're talking about a Booker T or a DDP or a Scott Steiner..

But how can you not call them all WWE guys?..Every single one, except Malenko, had their largest success in WWE..They made the most money, held the biggest titles, and headlined the most PPVs all while in WWE..Not knocking or taking away from what they did before, but they're definitely WWE guys..It's like saying Babe Ruth isn't a Yankess guy because he was with Boston before that and had success there..
WWE just provided them the biggest stage. They were all successful before that. They were all champions before WWE. Malenkowas even Named the #1 wrestler in the world before joining WWE for whatever that’s worth

Massively influential..Groundbreaking artists..And impacted more peoples' lives than the Underground..I really started to get into their music in my 30's..Actually had tickets to go see Roger Waters play in Cincy this summer but Covid ruined that..Also was supposed to go see the Stones, another band bigger and more influential than the VU, but Covid ruined that as well..

Favorite Floyd album?
I'm partial to Animals

WWE just provided them the biggest stage. They were all successful before that. They were all champions before WWE. Malenkowas even Named the #1 wrestler in the world before joining WWE for whatever that’s worth

I said they were successful and held titles before coming to the E..But they weren't headlining multiple PPVs and getting runs with the WHC before they came to the E ( I think Benoit held the WCW title for a day or a week and then left the company)..When most people think of those guys they think of WWE (and that's coming from a die hard NWA/WCW fan)..But I get what you guys are saying..I respectfully (and that's hard for me to say) disagree..Good debate though..

Yea, I explained why EYE wouldn't call them WWE dudes. :lol:- YOu are free to do so. :lol:

Just because they saw their biggest success there doesn't mean I associate them with #YallsCompany.

Using sports analogies.

Look at someone like Ray Allen. Won rings in MIA and BOS, but before than had great individual years in MIL/SEA. Even though he saw him biggest success/stage in MIA/BOS, I don't consider him a MIA/BOS dude. I just think of him as someone that made his mark in many places.

I agree. I see what the young Mark is trying to say about the Velvet Underground but he would have had a better arguement had he said Floyd instead.
But basically everything you’re saying to him about the Beatles is what I’m saying about PAC
Favorite Floyd album?
I'm partial to Animals
My guy! Animals and Meddle to me are the best.

Take someone like the Dudley Brothers.

I view them the same way I view the ROH Crew that is currently in WWE.

They were defined by their days in ECW, sure they became bigger GLOBAL stars in WWE, but I would never call them WWE dudes.

I said they were successful and held titles before coming to the E..But they weren't headlining multiple PPVs and getting runs with the WHC before they came to the E ( I think Benoit held the WCW title for a day or a week and then left the company)..When most people think of those guys they think of WWE (and that's coming from a die hard NWA/WCW fan)..But I get what you guys are saying..I respectfully (and that's hard for me to say) disagree..Good debate though..
Take someone like the Dudley Brothers.

I view them the same way I view the ROH Crew that is currently in WWE.

They were defined by their days in ECW, sure they became bigger GLOBAL stars in WWE, but I would never call them WWE dudes.
They may not have been main card talent but everyone who was into wrestling in the 90s knew who those guys were before WWE. They were over big time.
Same for the ROH guys in the mid 2000’s-2010

I can see both sides.

Using Jemele's example, when I think of the Dudley's I automatically associate them with ECW. While they gained more recognition coming to WWE they will always be ECW guys.

Same thing with Jericho, Benoit, Eddie and Rey. No doubt all of them flourished in the WWE. They'll always be WCW guys to me cuz that's where I first remember them from.

While Perc's TNA run was equal to or longer than his prime WWE run, he'll always be a WWE guy to me.

AJ will always be a TNA guy to me, same with Joe (I never followed his ROH run), Nakamura will always be New Japanese etc.

see both sides.

Using Jemele's example, when I think of the Dudley's I automatically associate them with ECW. While they gained more recognition coming to WWE they will always be ECW guys.

Same thing with Jericho, Benoit and Eddie. No doubt all of them flourished in the WWE. They'll always be WCW guys to me cuz that's where I first remember them from.

While Perc's TNA run was equal to or longer than his prime WWE run, he'll always be a WWE guy to me.

AJ will always be a TNA guy to me, same with Joe (I never followed his ROH run), Nakamura will always be New Japanese etc.

AJ would be a good example.

Case Case , would you call AJ a WWE dude? Why/Why Not

Back
Top Bottom