Define a Bandwagon fan.

I don't think that someone that likes a team outside of their local area is a bandwagon fan.

For instance, I love the Pacers, but I'm from Jersey. Besides Magic, Reggie was my favorite player growing up, hence why I'm a Pacer fan (yes, even through this crappy run we're on)

Bandwagon fans are fans that just become fans of a team for recent success and then ditch said team when they suck.

I don't think that someone that likes a team outside of their local area is a bandwagon fan.

For instance, I love the Pacers, but I'm from Jersey. Besides Magic, Reggie was my favorite player growing up, hence why I'm a Pacer fan (yes, even through this crappy run we're on)

Bandwagon fans are fans that just become fans of a team for recent success and then ditch said team when they suck.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Some of you wear this "loyal fan" thing like it's some kind of badge of honor. "Oh, I liked them before they were good
pimp.gif
", like that's supposed to mean something.

A bandwagon fan is person who goes out of his way to tell YOU who HE likes. Also known as a douche.

I don't know what some of you expect regular people to do. Not like good teams? That doesn't make any sense. Yeah, let's support bad teams, that make sense. Don't like the Lakers, or the Heat, that's bad. Like the Timberwolves instead. So much more satisfying, right?
eyes.gif
thank you for getting it.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Some of you wear this "loyal fan" thing like it's some kind of badge of honor. "Oh, I liked them before they were good
pimp.gif
", like that's supposed to mean something.

A bandwagon fan is person who goes out of his way to tell YOU who HE likes. Also known as a douche.

I don't know what some of you expect regular people to do. Not like good teams? That doesn't make any sense. Yeah, let's support bad teams, that make sense. Don't like the Lakers, or the Heat, that's bad. Like the Timberwolves instead. So much more satisfying, right?
eyes.gif
thank you for getting it.

some of you have the dumbest definition of what bandwagon means. A bandwagon fan is any one that jumps from team to team based on performance.

some of you have the dumbest definition of what bandwagon means. A bandwagon fan is any one that jumps from team to team based on performance.

I definitely disagree with calling someone a bandwagon fan if they don't root for their home team.  I'm from Michigan, and I've been a Eagles fan since I was 8, and I have absolutely no idea why.  They're just my team I guess.

I definitely disagree with calling someone a bandwagon fan if they don't root for their home team.  I'm from Michigan, and I've been a Eagles fan since I was 8, and I have absolutely no idea why.  They're just my team I guess.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

if you feel the need to justify why you like a team, you're a bandwagon fan

this
what they said

even for a canadian city, youd be surprised how many people dont give a damn about hockey up here

if you claim that youve been a fan since how long ago, im automatically relegating you to bandwagon status. if you get defensive about how much of a fan you are, im relegating you to bandwagon status.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

if you feel the need to justify why you like a team, you're a bandwagon fan

this
what they said

even for a canadian city, youd be surprised how many people dont give a damn about hockey up here

if you claim that youve been a fan since how long ago, im automatically relegating you to bandwagon status. if you get defensive about how much of a fan you are, im relegating you to bandwagon status.

Originally Posted by CJ616

You are bandwagon.  You have to root for the Lions if you are from Michigan.  No matter what, even if the Lions owner smacked your mom. 

Originally Posted by CJ616

You are bandwagon.  You have to root for the Lions if you are from Michigan.  No matter what, even if the Lions owner smacked your mom. 

Someone who starts liking a team because it seem to be the popular thing to do at the time...There is no problem with starting to root for a team because a player you are a fan of is now on that team (ex. LeBron and Miami). Fans of LeBron were going to start liking whatever team he chose to sign with and thats perfectly fine if you were a fan of his

Someone who starts liking a team because it seem to be the popular thing to do at the time...There is no problem with starting to root for a team because a player you are a fan of is now on that team (ex. LeBron and Miami). Fans of LeBron were going to start liking whatever team he chose to sign with and thats perfectly fine if you were a fan of his

This thread comes up almost every week. And surprise, surprise...the same clowns always have my SN in their mouths make an appearance.

A bandwagon fan just jumps at whichever team is hot right now. After every single season they have suddenly been a fan of whoever just won the championship forever. And who isn't willing to ride or die with their team through successes and failures.

This thread comes up almost every week. And surprise, surprise...the same clowns always have my SN in their mouths make an appearance.

A bandwagon fan just jumps at whichever team is hot right now. After every single season they have suddenly been a fan of whoever just won the championship forever. And who isn't willing to ride or die with their team through successes and failures.

Back
Top Bottom