Define a Bandwagon fan.

Bandwagon fans include:

-anyone who switches teams (except if they re-locate)
-someone who became a fan of a team that was dominant many years ago (even if they still are a fan of that team)
-anyone who tries to put down a fan of a terrible team. It's not that person's fault that their team sucks.
-someone who has to defend their fanhood for any reason
-someone who never heard of a player that played for their team 5-10 years ago
-any person who had no interest in a sport but then became huge fans once their local team became relevant again (i.e. 95% of the Pittsburgh Penguins fan base)

Bandwagon fans include:

-someone who became a fan of a team that was dominant many years ago (even if they still are a fan of that team)
-anyone who tries to put down a fan of a terrible team. It's not that person's fault that their team sucks.
-any person who had no interest in a sport but then became huge fans once their local team became relevant again (i.e. 95% of the Pittsburgh Penguins fan base)

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by dland24

Someone who starts liking a team strictly because the team is good.

And just a sidenote.....if you jumped on a bandwagon a long time ago when the team was good, and you have stuck with that team even through bad times, that doesnt negate the fact that you originally jumped on a bandwagon. Loyalty through bad times does not supersede the fact that you at one point jumped on a bandwagon. You are still a bandwagon fan.
Agreed!

I also agree on this. But then what makes someone a true fan? Do they have to like the team only when the suck? What is the criteria of liking a team?

A true fan roots for they're team for life, if you live in a city like Houston, and the Texans popup then you can root for them, and you will not be a Bandwagon fan.
If you were in Cleavland, and the Browns left to Baltimore, and you rooted for the Ravens after you're not a bandwagon fan. But if you started rooting for the Browns when they came back, you must not root for the Ravens anymore.

Also the only time you can root for a team that is not your own is during the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, NCAA Tournament, Stanley Cup, etc but after the you CANNOT root for that team during the regular season.

Fantasy football, you CANNOT root for a player that is playing your team, in fact you shouldn't start them at all even if they are predicted to score 50 points.

-Jacob
That makes no ****ing sense.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by dland24

Someone who starts liking a team strictly because the team is good.

And just a sidenote.....if you jumped on a bandwagon a long time ago when the team was good, and you have stuck with that team even through bad times, that doesnt negate the fact that you originally jumped on a bandwagon. Loyalty through bad times does not supersede the fact that you at one point jumped on a bandwagon. You are still a bandwagon fan.
Agreed!

I also agree on this. But then what makes someone a true fan? Do they have to like the team only when the suck? What is the criteria of liking a team?

A true fan roots for they're team for life, if you live in a city like Houston, and the Texans popup then you can root for them, and you will not be a Bandwagon fan.
If you were in Cleavland, and the Browns left to Baltimore, and you rooted for the Ravens after you're not a bandwagon fan. But if you started rooting for the Browns when they came back, you must not root for the Ravens anymore.

Also the only time you can root for a team that is not your own is during the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, NCAA Tournament, Stanley Cup, etc but after the you CANNOT root for that team during the regular season.

Fantasy football, you CANNOT root for a player that is playing your team, in fact you shouldn't start them at all even if they are predicted to score 50 points.

-Jacob
That makes no ****ing sense.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

All non-filipino Manny Pacquiao fans.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

so what about the filipino fans that adore Jordan and Jordan Brand, you shouldnt like him because hes African American

so then what about this? im from NJ, i dont have a football team, (no not the giants or jets, their from New York)

Im a Houston texans fan, why? because when i really became interested in the game of football they came into the league, so i followed them ever since
pimp.gif

now what?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DangerousG

All non-filipino Manny Pacquiao fans.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

so what about the filipino fans that adore Jordan and Jordan Brand, you shouldnt like him because hes African American

so then what about this? im from NJ, i dont have a football team, (no not the giants or jets, their from New York)

Im a Houston texans fan, why? because when i really became interested in the game of football they came into the league, so i followed them ever since
pimp.gif

now what?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Bandwagon fans include:

sounds right to me.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Bandwagon fans include:

sounds right to me.
pimp.gif

I don't think the vicinity argument is really valid at all... I always hated/indifferent to all the NY football teams.. My grandmother loved the Cowboys (she isn't from Texas) and got me a Troy Aikman mini-football when I was like 2 or 3. And that's when I started rooting for the Cowboys.

I think to only call a bandwagoner is if they are rooting for a team and they never really rooted for that team before..

I don't think the vicinity argument is really valid at all... I always hated/indifferent to all the NY football teams.. My grandmother loved the Cowboys (she isn't from Texas) and got me a Troy Aikman mini-football when I was like 2 or 3. And that's when I started rooting for the Cowboys.

I think to only call a bandwagoner is if they are rooting for a team and they never really rooted for that team before..

In my humble opinion, a bandwagon fan is a person or persons that root for teams because they are successful, and/or someone that roots for a team outside the vicinity of the local team in his/her area.
Example:

Tom roots for the Miami Heat now because they've acquired Lebron James, and Chris Bosh.

Exceptions to the rule, if your parents were from Dallas, and rooted for the Cowboys and you became a fan, then that's justifiable. If your an annoying woman, and just root for teams of which men are attractive in their opinion, or your just trying to annoy your boyfriend by rooting for the opposite team.

Now am I right, or am I right?

-Jacob

I'm from Houston and my favorite team since elementary school has been the Colts. If that makes me a bandwagon fan then oh well. The epitome of a bandwagon fan is ANYONE footing for the Saints, and Miami Heat fans. 

In my humble opinion, a bandwagon fan is a person or persons that root for teams because they are successful, and/or someone that roots for a team outside the vicinity of the local team in his/her area.
Example:

Tom roots for the Miami Heat now because they've acquired Lebron James, and Chris Bosh.

Exceptions to the rule, if your parents were from Dallas, and rooted for the Cowboys and you became a fan, then that's justifiable. If your an annoying woman, and just root for teams of which men are attractive in their opinion, or your just trying to annoy your boyfriend by rooting for the opposite team.

Now am I right, or am I right?

-Jacob

I'm from Houston and my favorite team since elementary school has been the Colts. If that makes me a bandwagon fan then oh well. The epitome of a bandwagon fan is ANYONE footing for the Saints, and Miami Heat fans. 

You guys have stupid definitions.

Why cant I like more than one team? Now it they are in the same division thats just weired, but I think you are entitled to a NL team and a AL team. (East/west in bball)
I cant like a team if they are from a different state? That doesnt even make any sense

"someone who became a fan of a team that was dominant many years ago (even if they still are a fan of that team)"
Hypothetical... I started watching basketball as a young kid during the Jordan era. He was the definition of basketball, had the best skill sets, i found him the most exciting and fun to watch so I follow all Bulls games and consider myself a fan. I continue following the team, even when Jordan retires and never stop being a fan even when they had a 15-67 record in 2000.
But by your definition im still a bandwaggon fan?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

09000d5d81a7bd6c_gallery_600.jpg

THIS

/THREAD

QFT

Grew up in Akron Ohio
- Rooted for MJ and the Bulls (even when they killed the Cavs every year)
- Devoted New York Yankee fan
- Devoted Dallas Cowboy fan

FRONT RUNNER 4-LIFE *cues NWO theme*

You guys have stupid definitions.

Why cant I like more than one team? Now it they are in the same division thats just weired, but I think you are entitled to a NL team and a AL team. (East/west in bball)
I cant like a team if they are from a different state? That doesnt even make any sense

"someone who became a fan of a team that was dominant many years ago (even if they still are a fan of that team)"
Hypothetical... I started watching basketball as a young kid during the Jordan era. He was the definition of basketball, had the best skill sets, i found him the most exciting and fun to watch so I follow all Bulls games and consider myself a fan. I continue following the team, even when Jordan retires and never stop being a fan even when they had a 15-67 record in 2000.
But by your definition im still a bandwaggon fan?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

09000d5d81a7bd6c_gallery_600.jpg

THIS

/THREAD

QFT

Grew up in Akron Ohio
- Rooted for MJ and the Bulls (even when they killed the Cavs every year)
- Devoted New York Yankee fan
- Devoted Dallas Cowboy fan

FRONT RUNNER 4-LIFE *cues NWO theme*

Lebron James is by far the biggest front-running bandwagoner I've ever seen. Dude is from Ohio yet he cheers for the Yankees, Bulls and Cowboys?! OP, look no further. LBJ is a bandwagon fan.

Back
Top Bottom