Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Rubio plans to arrive with his family in the United States on June 13. Rubio has yet to schedule visits with any team, according to the source.

Rubio has already informed teams that he won't do workouts, but he might visit them to meet the front office and owners. The source said if visits happen, they will be to Los Angeles, Oklahoma City and Sacramento -- owners of the first, third and fourth picks in the draft.

The source said it's likely that Rubio and his camp will skip visits to Memphis. The Grizzlies hold the No. 2 pick, but the source said Rubio is leery about playing in Memphis after two other Spanish players -- Pau Gasol and Juan Carlos Navarro -- had bad experiences there.

Chad Ford does it again, who is this inside source he keeps going on about?

Link- http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/ne...tory?id=4241929

When will Ford's hate for Memphis stop? Memphis already met with him anyway.

This was in the Spanish paper:

words from DKV president in Marca: "Está en su derecho de demandarnos, pero éticamente no está bien. Moralmente, no me parece bien que sólo vea sus intereses. Que si ahora me voy, que si ahora no, que si me interesa Nueva York o Memphis, y si no, quizá me quedo otro año más."

Tranlation:"Hi is within his rights for demanding us, but ethically it is not ok. Morally, i don't think it is right he only acts in his own interest. Either now i'm leaving, either now im not, either im interested in New York or Memphis, and either if don't maybe i will stay another year more."
Something like that got I got from the translation machine.
laugh.gif
Why would he completely skip over visiting the team with the no.2 pick to go to teams with two picks lower than he's? Something isn't addingup with this Chad Fraud bull. I can understand Sacramento since its in Cali, but OKC when they have Westbrook?

If all of this "Rubio doesn't want to play for Memphis" talk is true, then how about NY trades up with Washington to get the 5th pick. David Leeand 5th pick (Tyreke Evans) for 2nd pick and Darko Milcic.

Saw B. Jennings working out the other day. His jumper and NBA 3 point range are looking surprisingly good. Has excellent focus. He might surprise some people.

All of a sudden, selling the pick seems like such a good idea.
Also working out for the Hornets on Friday were Arizona State forward Jeff Pendergraph, 6-9, 240, Notre Dame junior forward Luke Harangody, 6-8, 255, Utah center Luke Nevill, 7-2, 265, Georgia Tech sophomore forward Gani Lawal, 6-9, 233, and UCLA swingman Alfred Aboya, 6-9, 245.
Bahahahaha.

pimp.gif
TH would be a good addition to the hornets....i wouldn't be too mad but i do want a good SG though....

Jack McClinton MAYBE sneaking into round 1???!!!!???
eek.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

From DX

Mike D'Antoni's apparently taking a strong liking to senior Jack McClinton, to the point that they could try to buy a pick in the late first round to ensure they land his services…"

other Knicks news...

With their midlevel exception, the Knicks will search for a defensive center and Orlando's Marcin Gortat is high on their list.
Gortat was drafted by the Suns in 2005 when Mike D'Antoni was their head coach. His draft rights were subsequently traded.

Gortat told the New York Post he would welcome a move to New York.

"I love New York, I can tell you that," Gortat said. "It was the first city I landed when I landed in the states five years ago. I love Coach D'Antoni and I know [Danilo] Gallinari from Europe."

Otis Smith can match any offer, but said he knows it will be a financial challenge to retain Gortat.

"He's got the best job in America, playing behind my best player, playing 8 to 10 minutes," Smith said. "He goes out and does his job and probably has the best work ethic of anyone in the locker room. Can he start for another team? Yeah he can.

"I'll just deal with it and the market will dictate where he goes," Smith added.

I dunno about this....I love that Gortat plays real hard and at a high level all the time, but to give him the FULL MLE is a bit much IMO...you would havethink the KNicks would have learned following the Jared Jeffries and Jerome James disasters....who knows...if they do sign him, maybe it will work out...

Link

Hopefully Gortat doesn't turn into Dan Gadzuric 2.0

Can't believe this is ANOTHER player the Suns drafted and traded away though.

Marcin Gortat, Luol Deng, Rudy Fernandez, Nate Robinson and Rajon Rondo
laugh.gif
...imaginethose five in D'Antoni's offense along with Nash, Amare, etc.

Jack McClinton MAYBE sneaking into round 1???!!!!???
eek.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I'd look at this is..

no, he's not a first round talent....but how many end of round 1 guys stick, much less this year. Jack would havea defined role under D'Antoni. And with the way he can shoot it, he's probably good just for that role. which isn't bad to pick up in that spot. Ifhe doesn't work, not much risk, only $$.

..I'd say Lee will be packaged with Curry/Jefferies, same with Nate...both will not be Knicks by the trade deadline. And one gone this summer. Opens up alittle money for a guy like Gorat. I'm skeptical of a backup C takin a MLE...but we'll see.

Walsh hasn't given me a reason to doubt him yet.

That's a good point Allen...also, I think the comparisons to Eddie House are on point. Dude could easily put up 8-10ppg in his rookie year (assuming hegets PT)....just camp out on the 3pt line and chuck

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Rubio plans to arrive with his family in the United States on June 13. Rubio has yet to schedule visits with any team, according to the source.

Rubio has already informed teams that he won't do workouts, but he might visit them to meet the front office and owners. The source said if visits happen, they will be to Los Angeles, Oklahoma City and Sacramento -- owners of the first, third and fourth picks in the draft.

The source said it's likely that Rubio and his camp will skip visits to Memphis. The Grizzlies hold the No. 2 pick, but the source said Rubio is leery about playing in Memphis after two other Spanish players -- Pau Gasol and Juan Carlos Navarro -- had bad experiences there.

Chad Ford does it again, who is this inside source he keeps going on about?

Link- http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/ne...tory?id=4241929
When will Ford's hate for Memphis stop? Memphis already met with him anyway.

This was in the Spanish paper:

words from DKV president in Marca: "Está en su derecho de demandarnos, pero éticamente no está bien. Moralmente, no me parece bien que sólo vea sus intereses. Que si ahora me voy, que si ahora no, que si me interesa Nueva York o Memphis, y si no, quizá me quedo otro año más."

Tranlation:"Hi is within his rights for demanding us, but ethically it is not ok. Morally, i don't think it is right he only acts in his own interest. Either now i'm leaving, either now im not, either im interested in New York or Memphis, and either if don't maybe i will stay another year more."
Something like that got I got from the translation machine.
laugh.gif
Why would he completely skip over visiting the team with the no.2 pick to go to teams with two picks lower than he's? Something isn't adding up with this Chad Fraud bull. I can understand Sacramento since its in Cali, but OKC when they have Westbrook?

If all of this "Rubio doesn't want to play for Memphis" talk is true, then how about NY trades up with Washington to get the 5th pick. David Lee and 5th pick (Tyreke Evans) for 2nd pick and Darko Milcic.
Other reports said he was visiting Memphis, OKC, Sac, and NY. Now I don't know...

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Originally Posted by Im Not You

-The medicals of various NBA draft prospects, including Missouri's DeMarre Carroll, who may need a liver transplant in the near or long-term future and A.J. Price, who reportedly still has an aneurysm in an artery of his brain that could become a serious issue later in his career.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Damn .. on both accounts.
I would think Price's criminal background, weight, and weed smoking would be more harmful to his draft status
indifferent.gif

where are you getting Price's weed smoking from?

yeah..definitely the House role.

He swung and miss on Roberson...but i think Jacks a bit better than him. especially as a pure shooter. the only thing I'd disagree with is takin him at theend of round 1 when a guy like Jeff Teague is now rumored to be hanging around at that point

roll.gif
some of you Grizzly fans come up with/believe the most ridiculous trade rumors

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif
...imagine those five in D'Antoni's offense along with Nash, Amare, etc.
How to ruin a franchise 101,
roll.gif

Even if they had kept some of their guys like Fernandez, or Rajon Rondo, or Luol Deng, it would have made them exponentially better, but instead they tradeaway their draft picks, trade away huge pieces of their team like Marion, Bell, and Diaw, and you get huge contracts and players past their prime in JasonRichardson and Shaq.

I just don't get it.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

All of a sudden, selling the pick seems like such a good idea.
Also working out for the Hornets on Friday were Arizona State forward Jeff Pendergraph, 6-9, 240, Notre Dame junior forward Luke Harangody, 6-8, 255, Utah center Luke Nevill, 7-2, 265, Georgia Tech sophomore forward Gani Lawal, 6-9, 233, and UCLA swingman Alfred Aboya, 6-9, 245.
Bahahahaha.
laugh.gif

Get Gani if anyone out of that craptacular group.

Also, yeah NaSmatic, Sergio will be throwing oops to Wilson Chandler and Al Harrington now.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

The only reason Rubio would come to Sacramento is because he knows he'll get franchise status and starter minutes when he plays here. Plus, it's moreexposure compared to the middle coast. Can't wait for Friday though, seems like Sacramento will be bringing in Flynn, Jennings, and Holiday all forworkouts. Battle of the PG's...

I hope my man 'Gody comes back to cement his legacy as one of the best college big men of all time...

Originally Posted by pkballr

The only reason Rubio would come to Sacramento is because he knows he'll get franchise status and starter minutes when he plays here. Plus, it's more exposure compared to the middle coast. Can't wait for Friday though, seems like Sacramento will be bringing in Flynn, Jennings, and Holiday all for workouts. Battle of the PG's...
What's friday?

And I'm really starting to like Jennings as non-top three picks.

Friday is when we're reportedly bringing in Flynn, Jennings, and Holiday for workouts. Battle of the PG's...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif
...imagine those five in D'Antoni's offense along with Nash, Amare, etc.
How to ruin a franchise 101,
roll.gif

Even if they had kept some of their guys like Fernandez, or Rajon Rondo, or Luol Deng, it would have made them exponentially better, but instead they trade away their draft picks, trade away huge pieces of their team like Marion, Bell, and Diaw, and you get huge contracts and players past their prime in Jason Richardson and Shaq.

I just don't get it.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Who was the scout for the Suns during these drafts? The GM was stupid of course.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Originally Posted by Im Not You

-The medicals of various NBA draft prospects, including Missouri's DeMarre Carroll, who may need a liver transplant in the near or long-term future and A.J. Price, who reportedly still has an aneurysm in an artery of his brain that could become a serious issue later in his career.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Damn .. on both accounts.
I would think Price's criminal background, weight, and weed smoking would be more harmful to his draft status
indifferent.gif
where are you getting Price's weed smoking from?

I think it was Dyson, sorry about. Price was the laptop thief right? Its really hard to keep up with all of their issues

Back
Top Bottom