Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

rubio needs to workout like all of the other players..maybe hes scared his stock will drop drastically

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

rubio needs to workout like all of the other players..maybe hes scared his stock will drop drastically

None of the top prospects really workout aside from the measurements, and even if Rubio tested poorly it wouldn't effect his stock.

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

laugh.gif
No top 3 prospect EVER does anything but individual workouts...thereis nothing Rubio can do to "drop his stock"

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

if Rudy was smart he would take that 1 year offer and get out of that hell hole

What's with your hatred towards Memphis? Every comment you have made about the team hasn't even been true.
laugh.gif
It's like you're basing your opinion upon outside knowledge rather than in-depth analysis. What makes Memphis a hell hole? I bet you think OKC is such a better team even though they lost more games than Memphis last season.
eyes.gif
People fail to realize that if you place Durant with Conley in the 2007 draft, where would each team be in terms of favoritism? It's crazy how much hatred is towards Memphis and the team has some great young talent and will only get better.

i dont hate memphis i could care less about memphis, as of RIGHT NOW your team is a hell hole tho. the team sucks, front office sucks,owner sucks and fans care more about the college team then they do the grizz

Great young talent? after mayo,gay and MAYBE gasol that team sucks +*%

OKC is in a better spot then memphis because they have a GREAT NBA player in KD and young talent around him

The team as a whole does suck. The owner sucks and the reason the fans care more about the Tigers is because they've been getting to Elite 8's, Final4's and a championship back-to-back-to-back. The front office doesn't suck though. Chris Wallace has done a great job since he's came to Memphisand I really don't have any major complaints. I believe what's holding him back is the owner in terms of making deals. Iavaroni didn't even wantWallace to make the trade for OJ on draft night because it would affect their playing style. Hollins is in love with Conley, and I highly doubt he would wantto bring in Rubio to replace him. Chris Wallace will probably do it anyway. The front office and owner isn't on the same path I can agree, but that'sprobably the main reason the team as a whole sucks.

Conley, OJ, Gay, Gasol and Arthur (as a role player) are all great young talent. Add in Rubio, whomever we pick at 27th and there you have all your youngtalent. I guess you can't even forget about Warrick in this case either. They just need to put some vets alongside them. Name all the young talent OKC hasoutside of Westbrook, Durant and Green? You're right, without Durant in OKC they would probably be nothing. That's why I said if you swapped picks ondraft night, the Grizzlies would definitely be in a better situation. I don't see why he have to be damn near star status to be great young talent. Gasolwill be a top 10 center in the league in the next few years.

The way things are shaping up, the Grizzlies could possibly end up with two elite players in Mayo and Rubio when its all said and done which is very hard tofind. There's no doubt in my mind that those two will be an elite backcourt for years to come. If they don't, I would be extremely surprised.

Just the nucleus of those three guys (KD, Jeff, and Westbrook) are better than that Memphis group. They've shown that their games all compliment each otherand they have a natural chemistry on the floor. I swear every time I watched Memphis this season it was very rare that Mayo and Gay both had great games. IfMayo had 30...Gay likely had 15. If Gay had 30...Mayo likely had 15.

-The medicals of various NBA draft prospects, including Missouri's DeMarre Carroll, who may need a liver transplant in the near or long-term future, DeJuan Blair, whose knees and arthritic condition are a major concern to certain teams, and A.J. Price, who reportedly still has an aneurysm in an artery of his brain that could become a serious issue later in his career.

-Next week's early-entry deadline, which will likely see players such as Jodie Meeks and Tyler Smith return to school, while others remain on the fence. One NBA team mentioned being told quite confidently by Damion James that he is most certainly staying in the draft, and most assume that Gonzaga's Austin Daye is a lock to stay in. Another executive discussed Jeff Teague telling them that he will not pull his name out if he receives any type of guarantee that he will be drafted in the first round, which is probably not what Wake Forest fans want to hear.

-Jordan Hill potentially slipping into the bottom of the top-10 or even possibly slightly beyond. The talk is that the Washington Wizards' 5th pick could very well end up being claimed by Stephen Curry (whether for them or another team trading up), and that since Minnesota, Golden State, New York and maybe even Toronto appear to be looking at other positional needs, Hill could be on the short end of the stick come draft night.

-Plenty of chatter about the Ricky Rubio situation, with the most interesting commentary coming from the many members of the Spanish basketball industry, which are out here in full force. The news this morning about a lawsuit being planned by Rubio's camp is apparently very true, and there was plenty of spirited discussion regarding whether his exorbitant buyout relative to his proportional contract will hold up in a Spanish court.

Some cited the fact that similar cases in soccer (for example in England) had sided in favor of the players in the past, while others mentioned that Rubio's willing acceptance of a large pay raise a few months back had nullified his ability to dispute the validity of the deal. The main questions here are-how long will such a case take to play out? How much does Joventut need the money for this upcoming season? And how much will the negative publicity from such a bombastic story hurt them down the road in terms of signing young players? Can all this be resolved in satisfactory fashion in time for the draft? This move likely ends any chance Rubio has of pulling his name out of the draft, as the damage caused by such a lawsuit would likely be too great of a rift to heal this upcoming summer.

-Mike D'Antoni's New York Knicks apparently taking a strong liking to senior Jack McClinton, to the point that they could try to buy a pick in the late first round to ensure they land his services.

the fans care more about the Tigers is because they've been getting to Elite 8's, Final 4's and a championship back-to-back-to-back.
Cali and WWW are gone, thats over with now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

the fans care more about the Tigers is because they've been getting to Elite 8's, Final 4's and a championship back-to-back-to-back.
Cali and WWW are gone, thats over with now
laugh.gif
They will still be a sweet 16 more than likely with the recruiting class they have coming in 2010. What's funny is when the Tigers are subpar,the Grizzlies are a playoff team.
laugh.gif

Just the nucleus of those three guys (KD, Jeff, and Westbrook) are better than that Memphis group. They've shown that their games all compliment each other and they have a natural chemistry on the floor. I swear every time I watched Memphis this season it was very rare that Mayo and Gay both had great games. If Mayo had 30...Gay likely had 15. If Gay had 30...Mayo likely had 15.
That's true. I don't know if it was just them not being on the same page this season or if its really not going to work between them nomatter how long they're together. This season was basically a learning experience and if it continues, Rudy will be the one to go. Rudy + Arthur forHorford + 19th pick?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Originally Posted by Im Not You

-The medicals of various NBA draft prospects, including Missouri's DeMarre Carroll, who may need a liver transplant in the near or long-term future and A.J. Price, who reportedly still has an aneurysm in an artery of his brain that could become a serious issue later in his career.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Damn .. on both accounts.

I would think Price's criminal background, weight, and weed smoking would be more harmful to his draft status
indifferent.gif

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/International-Blog/

Jordan Hill could possibly be falling out of the top 10.
roll.gif

Jordan Hill potentially slipping into the bottom of the top-10 or even possibly slightly beyond. The talk is that the Washington Wizards' 5th pick could very well end up being claimed by Stephen Curry (whether for them or another team trading up), and that since Minnesota, Golden State, New York and maybe even Toronto appear to be looking at other positional needs, Hill could be on the short end of the stick come draft night.
eek.gif
@ the fact of Curry going as high as the 5th pick. If theymight be picking Curry for another team, it could possibly be a trade brewing between the Wizards and NY.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

-Mike D'Antoni's New York Knicks apparently taking a strong liking to senior Jack McClinton, to the point that they could try to buy a pick in the late first round to ensure they land his services.
idk about a 1st round on Jack, but
pimp.gif
nonetheless.

Knicks are buyin at least 1 pick

hes a phenomenal shooter who is underappreciated nationally because he played at Miami. He does have size issues to play the 2 in the NBA, but I wouldnt countthat kid out, extremely skilled

I would think Price's criminal background, weight, and weed smoking would be more harmful to his draft status
indifferent.gif
umm .. okayyyy????

indifferent.gif

I think teams would be more concerned with an aneurysm in his brain than any of the things you mentioned. His body fat % is laughable though.

Knicks to try and buy Jack McClinton? Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me especially with the possibility of losing Nate.

Jun 08, 2009 11:32 AM EST

Rodriguez_Sergio_por.jpg
According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

Mike D'Antoni is reportedly driving the interest in the Portland point guard.

Rodriguez_Sergio_por.jpg
According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

Hmm, I like that fit,
nerd.gif

damn i need the nba medical staff to test me out so i can see what future medical problems i might have
laugh.gif

Rodriguez_Sergio_por.jpg

BAYLESS
pimp.gif

i wouldnt mind budinger in T Dot.

he meshes well with their style.

shoots the ball well and can handle and run. also brings some much needed athleticism and a little ability to get to the basket, to the raptors wing.

thing is this team doesnt need more players that mesh well. they need some tough players to change the culture of the team.

What? A rumored Knicks deal actually happening?
laugh.gif
I wonder what wouldPortland be receiving from this deal. Probably cash or something.

It's not the NBA Draft without the Blazers making some sort of deal
laugh.gif

There's speculation on the RealGM boards that it's for the Balkman trade exception and a second round pick...who knows though.

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2009/06/new_orleans_hornets_take_a_loo.html

"First of all, he is a power forward, he's a rugged, very intense, fierce competitor," Scott said. "He's a much better athlete than Ithink a lot of people give him credit for. He shoots the ball much better than people give him credit for. So I don't think it'll be a big-timetransition period for him as far as adjustment to the NBA style. College is probably more physical than the NBA until you get to the playoffs. I don'tthink the adjustment is going to take that long."

Back
Top Bottom