Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Which is why he's a legit 6'9 and some change.

How do the Suns not pull the trigger already?

Jefferson + #6 (Nash's heir) + #14 (Grant Hill's heir) = a good nucleus going forward

Originally Posted by franchise3

Which is why he's a legit 6'9 and some change.

How do the Suns not pull the trigger already?

Jefferson + #6 (Nash's heir) + #14 (Grant Hill's heir) = a good nucleus going forward
Terrence Williams+?+Jefferson

I really have no clue on who the Suns would pick with the 6th pick.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

whoa since when is Al Jefferson on the same level as Amare? I'm not sleepin on Al but chilllll out.
Eh....since about the time Derrick Rose was selected #1 overall by the Chicago Bulls.

a7f35717e2dcd1492344fadfb4710b21432835f.jpg

indifferent.gif
c5236ec9179380ab5d51e36048f0bc3608050fa8.gif
646164188d5be44cb13ba2b25c280990f3c6c93c.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm a bit surprised Anthony Randolph didn't get as much consideration to New York.

He seems like a good fit in D'Antoni's system and a versatile forward that Walsh likes (Harrington, Bender, Williams).
he made Don Nelson open his eyes to rookies.
grin.gif

in a couple years, GS is going to have a great trade chip to shop around if they decide to get rid of Randolph or Wright. Both are essentially the same player

No they're not. A lot of people were saying the exact same thing when Golden State drafted Randolph from LSU, but it was clear during the season,especially during the latter half when Wright was out with an injury, that Randolph is much more athletic & explosive, better ball-handler, better range.Wright is more of a post player. Though they might play the same at the same 4 spot, mind you in Nelson's whacked out line up
laugh.gif
, it's been proven they have a different skill set.

Originally Posted by mEasy15

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm a bit surprised Anthony Randolph didn't get as much consideration to New York.

He seems like a good fit in D'Antoni's system and a versatile forward that Walsh likes (Harrington, Bender, Williams).
he made Don Nelson open his eyes to rookies.
grin.gif

in a couple years, GS is going to have a great trade chip to shop around if they decide to get rid of Randolph or Wright. Both are essentially the same player

No they're not. A lot of people were saying the exact same thing when Golden State drafted Randolph from LSU, but it was clear during the season, especially during the latter half when Wright was out with an injury, that Randolph is much more athletic & explosive, better ball-handler, better range. Wright is more of a post player. Though they might play the same at the same 4 spot, mind you in Nelson's whacked out line up
laugh.gif
, it's been proven they have a different skill set.
Exactly, Randolph is more of a combo forward while Wright is running and finishing big man.
Randolph = LO-like
Wright = Tyson Chandler-like

every time he was on the floor he did something positive and for some reason the team always played better.
and this is all that matters. My problem with drafting him is already having Chandler.

^
I only saw Randolph in college. Sorry.

B-Wright will be very good as he continues to mature physically, if Nellie will give him some run. His wingspan is ridiculous, and he can finish

Via commercialappeal:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/...s-than-answers/

Are the Griz entertaining trade offers for the second pick?

Absolutely. Sacramento, Houston, Boston, Minnesota, Washington and New York are among the teams that have made offers -- some ridiculous.

Are there any potential trades scenarios that have gone underreported?

Sure. The New Jersey Nets are said to be willing to part with point guard Devin Harris. The Griz should ponder if Harris is worth the second pick.

Sounds strange. But that scenario sums up the Grizzlies' draft one week out: Expect the unexpected.

If Memphis could get Devin Harris for the 2nd pick, they better take it!

If Kerr is blowing smoke with the STAT trade to the Wiz...

I say Grunfield drafts Curry #5, piss every other "war room" off, and be on the phone all night until a deal is struck that benefits theorganization.

An NBA executive told the Boston Globe that the Timberwolves and Suns are working on a trade that would send Al Jefferson and the Wolves' sixth draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare Stoudemire.

Link

eek.gif

If I'm the Suns, I make that move right now...that's a lot to give up IMO...wow
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

An NBA executive told the Boston Globe that the Timberwolves and Suns are working on a trade that would send Al Jefferson and the Wolves' sixth draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare Stoudemire.

Link

eek.gif

If I'm the Suns, I make that move right now...that's a lot to give up IMO...wow
smh.gif

roll.gif
Talk about stupidity from the Twolves. Stoudemire is not going to putthem over the hump with the rest of their roster looking like that. The Suns would be fools not do make these deal. Just think if they draft either Curry,Evans or Harden. They would start to have a nice young core with one of those three along with Jefferson and Lopez.

It was an "okay" deal before I saw the draft pick being added.
laugh.gif

^
I am in complete confidence that STAT will come back 100%.

He's done it once already, with a more severe career-threatening injury.

However, that trade only makes sense to me IF the Wolves kept Mayo in last year's draft.

Although Love is very skilled, I don't like him in a lineup with STAT for some reason.

brought up elsewhere...the Boston Globe reported those talks.....a day after McHale is given the axe...

No way they throw in the 6th pick. Maybe the later ones but 6?...NO CHANCE. Put my SN on that.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

The New Jersey Nets are said to be willing to part with point guard Devin Harris
laugh.gif

It is funny especially since Harris doesn't have a bad contract for what he produces. I don't know what it would be all about. Maybe capreasons and they feel Rubio will end up being the better player in the long run with a cheaper deal.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sport...06/post-22.html

Rubio too sick to play

Kings draft prospect Ricky Rubio, who was supposed to participate in a light workout at the practice facility early Wednesday afternoon, became ill and returned to the downtown hotel where he and his mother, Tona, are staying. Sources say the 18-year-old Spanish star had a 101-degree temperature and was prescribed antibiotics by the Kings team physician. Team officials were holding out hope that Rubio would fee well enough to work out Thursday a.m., because he officially has to end his visit after 48 hours, or about midafternoon. It was unclear whether Rubio planned to visit NBA franchises in Memphis or Oklahoma City, the two clubs that hold NBA Draft picks Nos. 2 and 3. He also could return to Sacramento later in the week.

Damn Sac-town. Already got the boy sick.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Via commercialappeal:
Sure. The New Jersey Nets are said to be willing to part with point guard Devin Harris. The Griz should ponder if Harris is worth the second pick.

Sounds strange. But that scenario sums up the Grizzlies' draft one week out: Expect the unexpected.
If Memphis could get Devin Harris for the 2nd pick, they better take it!

in a %$@!##! heartbeat.....you take that deal

Don't get me wrong, Devin Harris is a very good player at a good bargain but do the Grizzlies really want another shoot first, perimeter player
grin.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

No way they throw in the 6th pick. Maybe the later ones but 6?...NO CHANCE. Put my SN on that.

i was thinking the same thing. I'm thinking a third team gets involved and makes it a three-way deal. It so lopsided for minnesota. They'd be morons tolet that go thru. Im still not giving up on the wizards angle. If the package the #5 and either caron or aj, and throwin mike james (contract purposes), thisvery well could go down.

Don't get me wrong, Devin Harris is a very good player at a good bargain but do the Grizzlies really want another shoot first, perimeter player
grin.gif

I was thinking about that. There are pros and cons to that type of deal. Harris can also get to the line better than anybody on the Grizz roster. He CAN openthings up for everybody else on the team with his speed and penetration too. I don't know if it would make the team more scary if people can't focus onOJ or Gay because Harris can light it up too. Memphis would actually have a big three if they did this deal though. Then, I would try to throw Conley and picksto Minnesota for Love.
smokin.gif

If people wouldn't mind a Mayo / Martin backcourt, they shouldn't mind a Harris / Mayo backcourt. Rubio may end up being better than Harris by the endof his rookie contract, so its kinda hard to dispute how this deal would turn out on both sides at this point. Even if Memphis get Harris, they still needfrontcourt help.

"…Among the other things I have been hearing throughout the day - the Knicks interest in trading for the No.2 pick to swipe Rubio said to be legitimate - are a few red-hot nuggets from former Italian league coach and Milan-based television analyst Dan Peterson. The former Delaware head coach, it appears, is not a fan of Brandon Jennings.During our conversation Wednesday afternoon, Peterson ripped into Jennings, who last week suggested to The Bee that Rubio was little more than a You Tube sensation.
"Ricky Rubio is not overhyped," said Peterson, who broadcast several of Jennings' games last season for Lottomatica Virtus Roma. "Jennings is overhyped. He has it all backwards. He is all about trying to dominate one-on-one, all concerned with individual talent. I find it hilarious."
Peterson went on to say that he liked Jennings' quickness and talent, but didn't think he was NBA-ready. Rubio, he says, is NBA ready. "One of the things that happens in the NBA, everybody has a theory on what a guy can't do. That's all you hear. Sacramento would be very lucky to get Ricky Rubio. It would be a good place for (Rubio), the capital city of California, not too big. He is just a terrific player, though he needs to improve his three-point shooting. He gets into the lane, draws fouls, has the whole package. People would love him there. He's a winner. I would throw myself in front of a bus for Ricky Rubio. But I would have a hard time having Brandon Jennings on my team. I would send him home."
Ouch. Jennings DID apologize to Rubio, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom