Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Good looking out mike.

That 3 team deal should go down. Don't extend Nash, let his number come off the books next year?

Ps - Osh don't be quoting the wall of text
laugh.gif

Wiz set up for an epic 2010 if that deal goes down....
Zero-Caron-Amare
smokin.gif

Phoenix should blow that up now and save about a year of rebuilding

^^ Im skeptical about that point system, because it doesnt take in account the fit for the team your drafted to...you can be super productive but if yourdrafted to the wrong system/team youre done, does that make you a bust?

I do like the assessment of Danny Green, i liked his game in college

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^
I only saw Randolph in college. Sorry.

B-Wright will be very good as he continues to mature physically, if Nellie will give him some run. His wingspan is ridiculous, and he can finish
I don't think Wright is gonna be good at all. In basketball your wingspan doesn't really mean anything.

yea, it only helps with blocking shots, grabbing rebounds, and putting the ball in the bucket

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Mo
Delonte
LeBron
Antwan
Shaq

= NBA Title

sick.gif
That's just wrong and I would feel bad for Orlando if thishappened. I'm not a big fan of the 35+ yr old Shaq, but he could be no worse than Big Z in terms of moving around the paint. They would need to re-signVarejao though to have someone that's not just going to clog up the lane.

and

sick.gif
@ a Arenas-Butler-Stat lineup. The only problem would be if all threecan stay healthy. It'll be like another Rockets team with Tmac and Yao not being able to stay healthy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Mo
Delonte
LeBron
Antwan
Shaq

= NBA Title

hell no its not
You don't think Shaq would be motivated to play with Lebron KNOWING he actually has a chance to win another championship before he retires?You don't think Lebron will be motivated to have a PF that can spread the floor to give him another option on the wing? I just don't see how that teamwouldn't translate into a championship unless some dramatic injury happens.

Lebron took his current team to 6 games in the conference finals this season...

How does adding Antwan Jamison and Shaquille O'Neal not = NBA title? (or damn close to it)

I'm all over that three team trade. All three teams can get what they want. Phoenix already knows their not winning with the cast of players they got sowhy not blow it all up and save some money. Wizards and Cleveland need these upgrades in the worst way. And it's worth a one season rental, if it failsthey'll all be straight for 2010.

That Cleveland starting line up is a threat, no doubt.

Z would probably take a buy out to return to Cleveland too.

the team defense gets even worse with all of that and Antwan cant guard lewis hell he cant guard anyone and its still a small !#$ back court

and how could i forget the main point Mike brown is still there HC

Ehh...Jamison is extra offense at the most. He's not going to guard anyone...especially Shard or Turk. So that championship would largely rest onShaq's health.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Mo
Delonte
LeBron
Antwan
Shaq

= NBA Title

hell no its not

Shaq ain't defendin nobody, and Mo and West would still be weak links exposed in the playoffs.

Certainly better then the squad they have now, but not even close to this automatic championship Cleveland thinks is theirs.

Teams would pick and roll a 38 year old Shaq to death. And don't for a second forget he would be out of Phoenix and their seemingly incredible trainingstaff.

Kevin (Reno):
Where do you think Sam Presti ranks on the list of best NBA GMs? Any thoughts on what the ex-Sonics should do this year?

John Hollinger:
The only proper grade for a GM in his position is an Incomplete. I think he's done a great job so far in accumulating assets, but that won't mean muchuntil/unless OKC starts winning.

[Mark Jackson] come on JH, you're better than that!![Mack Jackson]
laugh.gif
the correct answer is A+

I'm with Mike here... It puts them closer, but it's not close to a lock...

I mean... Orlando handled them pretty good in that series, 6 games be damned...

It really does depend on Shaq's health, but Shaq is a big body who gives the Cavs a low post scoring threat, as opposed to big Z launching 3's.

Plus we all saw Mo choked as a #2 option, and since he did, nobody stepped up to the plate. Jamison can help with the scoring load.

Bottomline, Lebron would get help, instead of getting the ball at the top of key and just driving to the hoop all 4th quarter.

Mike Brown being the HC still probably holds them back though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Kevin (Reno):
Where do you think Sam Presti ranks on the list of best NBA GMs? Any thoughts on what the ex-Sonics should do this year?

John Hollinger:
The only proper grade for a GM in his position is an Incomplete. I think he's done a great job so far in accumulating assets, but that won't mean much until/unless OKC starts winning.

[Mark Jackson] come on JH, you're better than that!![Mack Jackson]
laugh.gif
the correct answer is A+

I agree with the bolded statement. He's being overrated as a GM because he was able to draft Durant at no.2 in 2007 which put him a step ahead in therebuilding process. What trades and free agent signings has he done and with such a talented roster why the team couldn't win more games than theGrizzlies, Twolves, Warriors, NY, Toronto, etc. when they have a player like Durant who is more talented than any player on those teams listed roster?Westbrook lucked up and became a nice combo guard for the team and Durant was a sure easy pick. The Jeff Green trade helped Boston win a championship and madeCleveland a championship caliber team.

I'm not saying he isn't a good GM, but he hasn't impressed me thus far. Don't forget he drafted Carl Landry and Glen Davis to trade them away.He let Rashard Lewis go for basically nothing. If these moves translate into wins further down the line, then I can give him credit. But, if they continue tobe a subpar 30-win team and not show improvement then what would make him so great compared to any other GM?

The cavs shouldn't even have to start from the starting line up because most of the games that they played this season was either blow out by the 4thquarter, or blow out and the bench can't hold the lead, so they should try and start from that bench because, they had no problem making the playoffs withthat line up.

Back
Top Bottom