Delete.

b213b30b20aa3b09e35b1c327872432d-getty-88848943ge001_summer_league.jpg

feel bad for Dorsey
laugh.gif

thanks for the pics
[h1]Warriors boss: 'The team is not for sale'[/h1]
Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer

Saturday, July 11, 2009

(07-10) 19:17 PDT -- Warriors president Robert Rowell said, "The Warriors are not for sale," responding to a report that majority owner Chris Cohan is looking to unload the team.

"The team is not for sale," said Rowell, who was in Las Vegas on Friday for the start of the Warriors' summer league. "There is not a 'For Sale' sign up. I do not know how I can be any clearer than that."

The report, published in the Contra Costa Times, claimed Cohan has had negotiations with Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison and is seeking other suitors.

"What price? No offer was made. There has not been an offer and there has not been an ask," Rowell said. "There is not a sports team in the Bay Area that does not have discussions about the future and what is going to happen, but it is speculative to report that something could happen in one or two years.

"Anything could or could not happen in one or two years."

MAKING PROGRESS: Anthony Randolph had a game-high 20 points and a team-high 10 rebounds in the Warriors' 73-69 loss to Houston, but coach Keith Smart was impressed with more than Randolph's numbers.

"When you talk about Anthony Randolph this year and Anthony Randolph last year, you're talking about two different people," Smart said. "It's been great to watch him go from thinking he knew it all to giving up and saying, 'I need some help.'

"He went and got that help, and you can see how it's going to benefit us."

After a tumultuous start to last year's rookie campaign, Randolph finished strong and solidified himself as the team's power forward of the future. He's put himself through three-a-day workouts, adding a pull-up jumper and improving his ball-handing and decision-making.

"He still made some mistakes, but right away, he would come over to us and say, 'I should have moved the ball' or 'I shouldn't have gotten that deep.' He was right each time, and that recognition shows good growth for a young player."

Randolph said his improvements were obvious as the game unfolded, but his workout schedule made something else obvious, too. "My feet are killing me," said Randolph, who played 33 of the game's 40 minutes.

UPS AND DOWNS: Seventh overall pick Stephen Curry finished with 16 points, three assists and two steals, but his Warriors debut didn't start out so hot. In the opening 8 1/2 minutes, he had the ball stolen twice, had a three-point attempt blocked and picked up four fouls.

BRIEFLY: Anthony Morrow sprained his left ankle during Thursday's practice and didn't play Friday, but the Warriors don't believe the injury to be serious. He could play today but Monday is more likely with little sense in taking a chance for a summer-league game. ... Former Stanford forward Lawrence Hill had seven rebounds and two points in 12 minutes for the Warriors. Ex-Cal center Jamal Sampson did not play.

E-mail Rusty Simmons at [email protected].

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/11/SPP618MNTS.DTL

This article appeared on page B - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Warriors president Robert Rowell said, "The Warriors are not for sale," responding to a report that majority owner Chris Cohan is looking to unload the team.
"The team is not for sale," said Rowell, who was in Las Vegas on Friday for the start of the Warriors' summer league. "There is not a 'For Sale' sign up. I do not know how I can be any clearer than that."

The report, published in the Contra Costa Times, claimed Cohan has had negotiations with Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison and is seeking other suitors.

"What price? No offer was made. There has not been an offer and there has not been an ask," Rowell said. "There is not a sports team in the Bay Area that does not have discussions about the future and what is going to happen, but it is speculative to report that something could happen in one or two years.

"Anything could or could not happen in one or two years."

it's like he gave a definite answer...and then went back to an ambiguous one.

Back
Top Bottom