Delete.

I have some 2007 and some 2008's lying around. Surely offering them up on Craiglist will bring some inquiries to you. Just sell the set for $100 or $200OBO or something.

I usually just offer them to my co-workers to borrow, but I have 1 exam remaining.

lol....yes, franchise, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I understand who and what he is. So I don't get nearly as bothered. Surely a lot of people drink his kool-aid, but I'm good.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Another thing they need: new uniforms

No! I really like their unis... it's different than everybody elses'. it's unique without trying too hard (like the Magic and Mavs- the greenones)...

Did Jessica Alba, or Snoop Dogg attend any games this season? Bandwagoners...

To me, the Warriors' uniforms were just fine. Since a change is in stone already, it would nice of them to go back to a updated version, of the blue/yellowuniforms.

Can you explain why Tim K is so bad? I rather read him than listen to Dave Del Grande talk on CSN again
sick.gif
. His Don Nelson love fest was driving me crazy onWednesday. Matt > All though.

[h2]For the Warriors, It Was a Fitting Farewell to a Season Worth Forgetting[/h2]
Posted Apr 16, 2009 1:08PM By Matt Steinmetz (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Warriors, NBA Injuries

don-nelson-yell-200.jpg
Before we turn our attention to the playoffs, let's talk about the way the season finished for the Golden State Warriors, a team that didn't make the postseason.

In case you haven't noticed, the Warriors are a long way removed from the "We Believe" team of two years ago. And they had a very fitting ending this week to a truly lousy season.

For Monday's home finale against the San Antonio Spurs, the Warriors dressed the league minimum eight players because of injuries. That was the case for every one of the Warriors' last half-dozen games or so.http://

In fact, they really had seven players available because banged-up Marco Belinelli, who dressed, wasn't going to play unless they had gotten down to four guys.

So, it was left to a group of first- and second-year players along with some gamer veterans like Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf to bring home the Warriors' train wreck of a 29-53 season.

They didn't do badly, either. Rookies Anthony Randolph and Anthony Morrow and former D-League call-ups C.J. Watson and Kelenna Azubuike played out the string with energy and a series of nice efforts.

They went into Utah last Saturday and won a game that had implications for the playoff-bound Jazz. Against the Spurs, however, at Oracle Arena, that group didn't fare so well. San Antonio got up 34 points in the third quarter, prompting moans and groans and even a smattering of boos from "the greatest fans in the NBA," according to the franchise.

Meanwhile, the team's high-paid core of Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette were nowhere to be found. They obviously weren't on the court since each one had been shut down because of injury.

But they weren't on the bench or even in the arena. Simply put, they weren't there. Goodness grief, it was Fan Appreciation Night.

According to a team spokesman, each of the three players were given permission to skip the game, either because of a personal reason or something injury-related. Well, that was a questionable decision, at best, and it sent a bad message to the fans.

Not to mention to the players' teammates and Warriors' employees who were left to try to explain the absences to season-ticket holders and other inquirers. The most-asked question in the aftermath of the Spurs' 101-72 dismantling that night was this: "Where the hell were those guys?"

Bottom line is it came across as disrespectful to the fans.

It's tough to imagine Turiaf, playing with a bothersome knee, and Biedrins, who made a point of returning from injury for the final two weeks of the season, being pleased with the missing trio.

Interestingly, Jackson, Ellis and Maggette made it to Oracle Arena for last Friday's home game against the Houston Rockets. But the threesome didn't join their team on the bench until the second half and they were gone by the final buzzer.

It's worth pointing out that the Warriors paid those three players lots of money recently. Maggette received a five-year, $50 million contract in early July and Ellis a six-year, $66 million contract weeks later.

Jackson, a team captain, personally negotiated a three-year, $28 million extension with team president Robert Rowell early in the season. Though the move was widely criticized as unnecessary, Rowell maintained that it was a sound one because Jackson had proven himself to be a leader and franchise cornerstone.

It's also worth noting that accounts on the internet have Maggette in attendance at last Saturday's Paul Williams-Winky Wright fight in Las Vegas. That would have been the night the remaining Warriors were gutting out an impressive win in Utah.

For what it's worth, one guy who was on the bench was the injured Jamal Crawford, the class-act of a player whom the Warriors apparently don't want back. Coach Don Nelson has acknowledged that he met with Crawford weeks ago and told Crawford that if he didn't exercise his early termination option at season's end, the team would try to trade him.

The Warriors make a point to praise their fans at every opportunity, and rightfully so. The Warriors had another monster year at the gate -- averaging 19,000 per -- despite a win total that went from 48 to 29 and another non-playoff season, its 14th one in the past 15 season.

Say what you want, Warriors fans are loyal and they show up for their team. You wonder why for one night some Warriors players couldn't show up for the fans.

Because he refused to give credit...EVER.

I don't need a love fest, but its clearly obvious TK hates Nellie. That's fine, but don't continually write it with a slanted view, on every damnentry.

His ego is a bit inflated for a soon to be out of a job news reporter, due to the archaic nature of the business, and be a full time blogger.

I guess I can understand that. I guess my hate for Nelson is the reason I enjoy reading his entries
laugh.gif
. A lot ( A LOT) of his entries are repetitive though.That's the only thing I have against him.
It was funny on the "Warriors Round Table" when Dave tried to say that Don Nelson was already transitioning his way out with letting Smart coach
laugh.gif
. He made it seem like Don Nelson was going to just resign as coach. He also defended him for not sticking up for Mullin
smh.gif
. He said that Nelson wasprobably worried about his job, so he kept quiet
roll.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

TK is a lame.

Word to Lazy, the only dude who probably agrees with me.

Alot of ppl who comment on his blog seem to agree with you
laugh.gif

First Randolph mix made by someone and it's already full of highlights. His rookie, I repeat rookie, highlight video can be more than 15 minutes long.Randolph can just fill that video with flashy blocks.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Did Jessica Alba, or Snoop Dogg attend any games this season? Bandwagoners...

To me, the Warriors' uniforms were just fine. Since a change is in stone already, it would nice of them to go back to a updated version, of the blue/yellow uniforms.

if i'm not mistaken i remember snoop dogg did.jessica gets a pass.

194.jpg
2751.jpg
378.jpg
3455.jpg
2789.jpg

^ I wouldn't have mind seeing this Starting Line Up this season.

Plenty of offense. 3 great defenders. Fast. I think chemistry would've been great also, especially w/ Baron & Turiaf.

It's pretty much the same thing from last season, but Randolph > Harrington, and dare I say Turiaf > Biedrins??

Turiaf can at least hit the open jumper and its not like we need someone to bang inside...

Biedrins is an extremely better rebounder, but that's about it. His offensive game is atrocious. I know the tv crew praises his development, but hearingthem talk about his offensive game is laughable. Turiaf gets paid less than half
smh.gif

And I'm still kind of frustrated with the way Biedrins and his agent worked the whole offseason. Flirting with the idea of going back overseas just to upthe bid by the Warriors.
It's over now. Time to move on.

It's time to move on from last year's offseason, IMO. Baron's gone. No changing that. Biedrins signed his deal. No changing that.

Originally Posted by franchise3

TK is a lame.

Word to Lazy, the only dude who probably agrees with me.
Weird, I always thought most people hated TK. I could never take him seriously after hearing some theory of him trying to cause problems on hisown so he can break the story to ESPN in the same manner that Ric Bucher did with the Nellie/Webber thing. He's just doing all he can to try to guaranteehimself a steady readership. Its kinda sickening.

man how did i miss this thread?

smh.gif
at lazy for not linking it to the sharks thread.

hopefully our new unis DONT look like the kings/hawks/wolves/magic. so damn plain and reminds me of college unis.

i don't really get the hate for CJ, probably cause i haven't watched as many games this season. i don't see anything wrong with him as a back upother than his defense but who really cares about that in this team?

i want maggette gone this offseason. his contract should be easier to move this summer right?

as for Jamal, i really like him as a player but it just doesn't work with him here. i'm not sure if it's because of the coach or just him but we donot need another liability on D.

and for the draft, all i want is for them not to end up in the D league after the summer.

all i hope for next season is that Nellie ditches small ball. we don't have the players for it even with Monta coming back.

Back
Top Bottom