Delete.

Back in the 90's, time seemed to move slower. I would be in the 7th grade and look back just 2 years ago and say, "Damn, I was in the 5th gradethen" and think that it was a long, long time ago. Now, when I look back two years ago, I say "Damn, that seemed like it was just yesterday."

Idle Hands
pimp.gif

Life is WAY too fast, me and you Acid bout in the same boat, except I don't overuse lame .gifs.

<3

I've thought about why it seems time moves faster now compared to when we were little and it seemed like a year was so long. The only thing I can come upwith is that when you're like 10 years old, one year is 10% of your life. When you're 20, one year is only 5% of your life. Because it's a biggerportion of your life when you're young, it seems longer.

I have no idea if that makes any sense, but that's what I've come up with.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I've thought about why it seems time moves faster now compared to when we were little and it seemed like a year was so long. The only thing I can come up with is that when you're like 10 years old, one year is 10% of your life. When you're 20, one year is only 5% of your life. Because it's a bigger portion of your life when you're young, it seems longer.

laugh.gif
I suppose, but a week seemed to take at least a few months back when I was a kid, now a week goes by like it's a damn day..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I've thought about why it seems time moves faster now compared to when we were little and it seemed like a year was so long. The only thing I can come up with is that when you're like 10 years old, one year is 10% of your life. When you're 20, one year is only 5% of your life. Because it's a bigger portion of your life when you're young, it seems longer.

laugh.gif
I suppose, but a week seemed to take at least a few months back when I was a kid, now a week goes by like it's a damn day..
tired.gif
why the hell am i cosigning this
sick.gif

[h1]16 things I learned about the Warriors[/h1]
http://www.examiner.com/x-6111-Golden-State-Warriors-Examiner

April 20, 4:32 AM · 4 comments
ShareThis Feed
bf4a7ee0-3106-4133-b8dc-8245ce146599.jpg

AP Photo/David Zalubowski

Here are the 16 things I learned about the Warriors this season:

1. I was wrong about Baron Davis. I thought the Warriors should have rewarded him for what he did for the team the last two years and just pay him, never mind how old he was, what shape he was in or how many games he would miss or take off mentally. Well, he wound up getting paid by the Clippers ... and he was dreadful. His body language was terrible, clearly mailing it in some nights, and he finished the season shooting 37 percent.

37 percent! That hurts my eyes just looking at the number, never mind the actual memory of the bad shots he jacked up. The 37 percent ranked 119th in the NBA, and that's only because the NBA.com stat only went 119 guys deep.

So, if that was Bobby Rowell who vetoed the deal that Davis and Chris Mullin worked out, good job Bobby.

2. I was right about signing Corey Maggette being a bad move. $50 million out the window in what looked like a desperate move after Davis walked. Heck, even with what I know now about Davis, I would have burnt another $15-20 million on him if I knew the $50 million was going to Maggette. Maggs has been in the league 10 years and been on one winning team. Despite being buffed, he misses a lot of games -- an average of 23 the last five years, 31 this season.

He has photos of a lot of refs doing a lot of naughty things, or else how do we explain his getting the call every time he drives through a defender. He is a free-throw artist the way he gets to the line so often, and I salute him for that. I still don't want him on my team. He is a nice guy off the court, just not a guy who puts team ahead of himself. I was not surprised when I heard he was seen at the Winky Wright fight in Las Vegas the same night the Warriors were playing the Jazz earlier this month.

3. The Warriors are awful defensively. I mean, the worst I have seen in 10 years watching or covering the team. Golden State was the worst in the NBA in points allowed (112.3) and rebounds allowed (47.1)

4. Ronny Turiaf was a nice add, but people are getting a little too excited about all the blocked shots he had. I think ESPN's Mark Jackson said it best when during a telecast he said the Warriors play such bad defense, it's a like a freeway to the rim. Turiaf gets a lot of blocks because he has so many opportunities.

5. Don Nelson had a bad year. I know, I know, the injuries. And while he was criticized for his handling of Anthony Randolph, Randolph is coming along nicely so maybe he was right. But still, it seemed like Nelson never set the bar very high this season, with or without Monta Ellis popping wheelies on his moped.

"I didn't think that we were a playoff team even if we had Monta," Nelson said the last week of the season. "I said that early. Without Baron (Davis), it would be quite an adjustment. I think we would've won more games. Would we have been a .500 team? I don't know, maybe. I don't really know. I can't really anticipate what would've happened. But we would've been a better team, obviously."

Then there's the handling of Jamal Crawford. He is limited, true, but he can score -- he might be one of the top 50 scorers in the league -- and saying that he cannot help a 29-53 team because he doesn't fit on next year's roster doesn't fly. Especially when the Warriors have no idea what next year's roster will look like. They don't know what trades they can make, or where they will draft, heck Nelson can't even commit to Ellis being the starting point guard next season.

6. Stephen Jackson reminds me of Antawn Jamison. You would love to him on your NBA team, but he has to be your second or third-best player. Otherwise you're 19-63 like Antawn was in 2000 or 29-53 like the Warriors were this season. And many Warriors people have tried explaining why the timing of Jackson's contract extension wasn't ludicrous but I don't get it. I must be dense.

7. Ellis could still become a point guard (he hasn't had a full training camp at the position), but I don't know about becoming a leader or franchise player. I know he is young, but there a lot of young players in the NBA who would have apologized to the fans for getting hurt on a moped and missing 57 games.

8. Anthony Morrow can shoot. And he works hard to get better. Those two sentences look great together. Much better than: Marcus Williams is out of shape. And he is still struggling to find a jump shot.

9. Andris Biedrins is a tease. He is pretty good, but the way everyone raves about him shouldn't we have seen more glimpses of "great" by now.

10. That said, I do think the Warriors are set up front with Biedrins, Turiaf, Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright.

11. C.J. Watson is a keeper.

12. Kelenna Azubuike took advantage of being on a lousy, injury-riddled team and put up some nice numbers. That's cool. He is a piece to the puzzle.

13. The whole Bobby Rowell-Chris Mullin thing could be easily resolved by making Mullin available to the media before the draft. If he wasn't forced out, have him say so. But until he does, I am going to assume he was forced out. Which is fine. VPs and GMs get forced out all the time. Just not with a wave of a cape, a cloud of smoke and no explanation.

14. Warriors fans continue to amaze me. The Warriors registered their 12th sellout of the season in their home finale and averaged 18,943 fans this season, ninth-highest average in the NBA and second-highest in franchise history. That's love - for a team that has gone to the playoffs once in 15 years.

15. The best reward for the fans would have to come from up above, like Golden State winning the draft lottery (a 3-percent likelihood) and getting Blake Griffin. C'mon, God ... One time!

16. I just thought of a nickname for Randolph: "The Milkman" He delivers just like the Mailman but always has that look on his face like he just drank some sour milk.

That's it for now.

1. I was wrong about Baron Davis. I thought the Warriors should have rewarded him for what he did for the team the last two years and just pay him, never mind how old he was, what shape he was in or how many games he would miss or take off mentally. Well, he wound up getting paid by the Clippers ... and he was dreadful. His body language was terrible, clearly mailing it in some nights, and he finished the season shooting 37 percent.
37 percent! That hurts my eyes just looking at the number, never mind the actual memory of the bad shots he jacked up. The 37 percent ranked 119th in the NBA, and that's only because the NBA.com stat only went 119 guys deep.
So, if that was Bobby Rowell who vetoed the deal that Davis and Chris Mullin worked out, good job Bobby.

Our system is totally different from Dunleavy's. Baron excelled in our system and struggled mightily in Dunleavy's system. Maybe Baron's one ofthose players who excell in our system.

If you want to bring up his days in Charlotte/New Orleans, Baron was a different, more explosive, more dynamic player then. At this stage in his career, afterall the injuries, maybe he just excelled here. Some players are better fitted for certain systems. Maybe Baron's one of them.

And we know about Baron's hit or miss enthusiam of the game. If I had to pick one thing that Don Nelson was good at, it was keeping Baron motivated. Baronrespected Nelson and Nelson respected Baron.

6. Stephen Jackson reminds me of Antawn Jamison. You would love to him on your NBA team, but he has to be your second or third-best player. Otherwise you're 19-63 like Antawn was in 2000 or 29-53 like the Warriors were this season. And many Warriors people have tried explaining why the timing of Jackson's contract extension wasn't ludicrous but I don't get it. I must be dense.

So true about Stephen Jackson. No, I'm not referring to the "You would love to him on your NBA team" part. I'm referring to the "he hasto be your second or third-best player" part. As it stands right now, Warriors management see him as our best player (no Al Harrington). Yes, his contractextension was given to him extremely early and I hate Rowell for that. Rowell ranks #2 in my 'people I want to punch in the face' list. Take a guess atwho's #1
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

Ok, I'll concede he's a good shooter and improved. Yeah, he improved. From the beginning of the season to where he was at the end. He improved. There.I said it.

But his minutes played was still higher than I would have like to seen them. Yes, the injuries did play a part in that, but still, cut them down Nelson. Sorryto bring up an old topic but I would still have liked to see Marcus Williams be given playing time to see how he would have fit in with us.

14. Warriors fans continue to amaze me. The Warriors registered their 12th sellout of the season in their home finale and averaged 18,943 fans this season, ninth-highest average in the NBA and second-highest in franchise history. That's love - for a team that has gone to the playoffs once in 15 years.

Ahh, the gift and the curse. Yes, we are such a loyal group of fans and our management takes advantage of that. To them, money is the main determinant of howsuccessful they are.
smh.gif

can't go wrong with either rubio or griffin.
pimp.gif

and that reminds me, i wanna get some rubio's tomorrow
pimp.gif

smh, 2 midterms in the next 2 days....gonna be brutal for wednesday night. and 715 you're welcome
pimp.gif

I forgot to mention that I don't like like this guy. From watching the game on CSN, Wall looks like he could be a really special player, but he has nojumped at this point.

Nothing we already havent talked about. He touched on the baron, mullin, rowell, monta stories and spent alot of time on the crawford/nelson thing. Called outNelson for benching and telling crawford to opt out because it lowers crawfords trade value since the whole league now knows the warriors dont want him. Healso discussed how the whole league was frowning on nelson and questioning why crawford was letting this happen and why nelson was doing it to him. Mentionedhow Cohan and Rowell also didnt like Nelson decision with handling the crawford situation. Also doesnt think the warrior will be in the playoffs next year (idont think so either) unless they bring in a PG and make trades to get rid of some of players we have here (Maggette, Crawford, etc)

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Our system is totally different from Dunleavy's. Baron excelled in our system and struggled mightily in Dunleavy's system. Maybe Baron's one of those players who excell in our system.

If you want to bring up his days in Charlotte/New Orleans, Baron was a different, more explosive, more dynamic player then. At this stage in his career, after all the injuries, maybe he just excelled here. Some players are better fitted for certain systems. Maybe Baron's one of them.

And we know about Baron's hit or miss enthusiam of the game. If I had to pick one thing that Don Nelson was good at, it was keeping Baron motivated. Baron respected Nelson and Nelson respected Baron.

So true about Stephen Jackson. No, I'm not referring to the "You would love to him on your NBA team" part. I'm referring to the "he has to be your second or third-best player" part. As it stands right now, Warriors management see him as our best player (no Al Harrington). Yes, his contract extension was given to him extremely early and I hate Rowell for that. Rowell ranks #2 in my 'people I want to punch in the face' list. Take a guess at who's #1
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

Ok, I'll concede he's a good shooter and improved. Yeah, he improved. From the beginning of the season to where he was at the end. He improved. There. I said it.

But his minutes played was still higher than I would have like to seen them. Yes, the injuries did play a part in that, but still, cut them down Nelson. Sorry to bring up an old topic but I would still have liked to see Marcus Williams be given playing time to see how he would have fit in with us.

Ahh, the gift and the curse. Yes, we are such a loyal group of fans and our management takes advantage of that. To them, money is the main determinant of how successful they are.
smh.gif

Co Sign on EVERYTHING you said. I'm still not sold on CJ yet either. He improved and his shot is definitely nice but i still think he makes dumbdecisions.

I'll only address this on Marcus -

There was no way nellie's mind was going to be changed (like it was for AR, which sadly, was a part of his games...but you'll get the gist) on MW afterhe came into it out of shape (again).

If a guy can't work himself into shape in practice, or run things well (assuming) in practice along with his history with other teams (obviously plays apart...), then WHY should he be given a chance? I don't want to reward that and I have the same stance on anyone else who that criteria fits.

When CJ learned to play within the offense, he was degrees better (even still as a marginal player at best) earlier in the season and looked like a decent BACKUP (nothing more, please). That alone was better than any effort I ever witnessed from MW from pre-season on. He certainly grew to be a sour *@*$ (reading hisTwitter) and I can understand that to a degree. But he couldn't/wouldn't turn that into good motivation to get to play?

Not ALL blamed on MW here, since we'll never know the entire story...just saying.

And yes, Nellie is certainly to blame...my opinion on MW is based on what I've read and seen....I acknowledge how it could be twisted to make MW lookworse.

blake griffin? why would you guys want him?
i know i know, hes just that good blah blah blah.
with AR, beans and turiaf, i just dont see him fitting in. unless you want to trade AR to the knicks for eddy curry
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

cj can be very effective if he can keeps practicing. imo, cory was a good addition, but his contract is
sick.gif
sick.gif

i wil continue to watch warrior games and pray for the best for your team. something about this team, just has me addicted
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Your sig is fitting for our squad. Welcome aboard.

Agreed on Maggette..its the fact we bid against.........NO ONE but a mid level exception.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom