Delete.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Originally Posted by Andrew630

what's so good about jordan hill? we already have turiaf, he's taller, but slower and probably plays with less passion
well almost the whole league plays with less passion than turiaf
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but Jordan Hill does play hard, is versatile, can run the floor, has a decent post game, can shoot a mid-range jumpshot (can improve though), rebound, block shots, blah blah.. has potential to be really good if he can flourish his overall game..

then again, we said that about Brandan Wright
Brenden Wright has shown he can play when given time. Im not sure about wanting to pick Hill unless you want him to backup AB BW AR and RT. PGis what they need and should be the obvious choice but hey its the warriors and theyll probably draft hill.
Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

I do not like Hill at all. He just screams "career backup" at best to me. I may be wrong, but i never thought he'd be a very good NBA player the half a dozen or more times i saw him play this last year. I admired his toughness in the Washington game, but i didn't think at all he'd be a high draft pick. When i saw Chad Ford's mock lottery during the season and saw Hill at like 4 i was confused as hell.
True, but I think this draft is full of backups. Worst draft since 2000 IMO. Just trade the damn pick or pick up jennings flynn or holiday

I get the feeling another trade will happen for the Warriors either on draft night or a few days following it

Obviously our front office has shown to have no direction in the past....but this time, they have said to be committed to Monta at point. With that being said,this draft is very point guard heavy. If we believe what they are saying, we wont be drafting a point guard which should eliminate a ton ofpossibilities...

Im still on the Hill train, with a slight DeRozan possibility.

hmmm

Teams recently have inquired about every returning Suns starter, including Golden State's ongoing interest in Amaré Stoudemire (with a package involving Andris Biedrins being revisited). Washington looked at Stoudemire, too, but backed away when Caron Butler and Richardson were added to the mix.

I'll put Amare in the same boat as Bosh. We know they both want to test the free agent market and will be looking elsewhere to sign. Amare doesn'tnecessarily make our team significantly better to a point where we can contend out west. Maybe 6th or 7th or 8th seed, but not contend out west. I'm goingto have to say no.

Am I the only one who's tired of hearing Andris' name when it comes to trades for rent-a-players for one year?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'll put Amare in the same boat as Bosh. We know they both want to test the free agent market and will be looking elsewhere to sign. Amare doesn't necessarily make our team significantly better to a point where we can contend out west. Maybe 6th or 7th or 8th seed, but not contend out west. I'm going to have to say no.

Am I the only one who's tired of hearing Andris' name when it comes to trades for rent-a-players for one year?

Don't really care much for Amare since I doubt many plays will be called for him as compared to Bosh who can stretch the floor out. Either way, I don'tlike to trade Biedrins for a more nellie style bigman. *%@% nellie and his fat no D coaching #%%. I don't care if beans has the same offensive moves sincehe got drafted, we don't need another player wanting more touches. Sure some low post presence will help but Bosh or Amare is not the answer IMO. And Ihate this.. we wouldnt be talking about Hill if we just kept Hendrix instead of jermareo. Just pick a PG already. Screw Monta's feelings, let his mopedcrashing #%% walk if he thinks he can carry the team with him on point.

[h2]Andris to Europe?[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Thursday, July 24th, 2008 at 6:32 pm in Uncategorized.

If you look at the Warriors' salary situation, it's easy to see that Andris Biedrins is the one who's going to get squeezed. Not so fast.
A source close to the Warriors' fifth-year center said European teams are hot and heavy after Biedrins. The Latvia native is drawing strong interest in a couple Russian clubs, according to the source, who added that teams are willing to sign him for three to five years for what amounts to more than $10 million a year.
This would be the best news for Biedrins' in months. The only team with salary cap space that was reportedly interested in him, other than the Warriors, was Philadelphia. But the 76ers spent their cap money on Elton Brand. So leverage of a fat offer from overseas is Biedrins' best hope of getting the money he wants from the Warriors, or anywhere in the NBA.
Biedrins' camp, which was rumored to have its sight set on the ballpark of Chris Kaman's contract (five years, $55 million), likely won't be elated about the offer they're likely going to get from the Warriors. I would be shocked if it even equaled Corey Maggette's average of $10 million a year. Just looking at the numbers, I'm thinking six years, $48 million.
With no other teams under the cap and able to offer Biedrins that kind of money, save for a sign and trade, it would seem Biedrins' options are limited.
The source said Biedrins' camp and Golden State have yet to formally meet. But Biedrins figures to be next on the list now that the Warriors are out of salary cap space and star guard Monta Ellis is signed.

Still have to laugh at that.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'll put Amare in the same boat as Bosh. We know they both want to test the free agent market and will be looking elsewhere to sign. Amare doesn't necessarily make our team significantly better to a point where we can contend out west. Maybe 6th or 7th or 8th seed, but not contend out west. I'm going to have to say no.

Yeah. Amare is great offensively, but horrid defensively. Andris has that length which suits the Warriors more since he plays center. Andris isalso a better rebounder. I just think Andris suits the team much better now and in the long term.

I wouldn't do it for Bosh, but I'd do it for Amare. Amare can rebound well, when he wants to, and his defense wouldn't be any more of a liabilitythan Beans is/was. Turiaf cleaned up most messes made by AR, so no reason he couldn't then.

We're the Ws though, so let's be real....it won't happen lol..

I hope Marco gets plenty of PT this year. The games he played showed a lot of promise and unlike everyone else on the team minus Turiaf and Randolph. Marcoworks HARD on defense.

Not worth trading up to 3 from a prospect point of view.

Its worth it to trade to unload contracts though.

Originally Posted by daprescription

I know everybody's in love with Morrow, but I would still rather have Marco play over him.
i also would, i think Marco is more of a play maker than Morrow

They're two different roles.

Marco can handle the rock better, but Morrow has one of the purest shots I've seen.

Both are capable of getting better, surely...

But if we have an actual ball handling PG (not Monta) then Morrow's role becomes more defined.

Back
Top Bottom