delete

Originally Posted by CP1708

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
And what has Pau gotten much better at that you can credit Kobe with helping him do? I'm curious please tell me. 
happy.gif
Gee, I dunno.....how about the fact that late in the game they can't afford to double Pau or leave Kobe during the pick and rolls that they run. 

Maybe that takes some of the pressure off Gasol, since he isn't asked to deliver late in games.  Or that he isn't the primary focus of each and every single defense the Lakers play, sorta like when he was in Memphis, and everybody just guarded him and forced the other Grizz to beat them. 

Yeah, Kobe hasn't helped Pau out in the least.  Not at all. 

It isn't that Kobe taught Pau how to dribble a basketball, or taught him a specific skill set genius, it's what he ALLOWS Pau to do within the flow of the game.  It's the space he creates for Pau.  Doesn't take a damn rocket scientist to figure this stuff out. 

People friggin killin me with this crap. 
30t6p3b.gif

Why is he better? You're not answering my question. You're telling me how Kobe and Pau compliment eachother, not how Kobe is making Pau better like some people in here are saying.

He hasn't gone from 10/5 to 20/10 since playing with Bryant. His numbers are pretty much identical across the board. What is Kobe allowing Pau to do more of? Or are you confusing better with easier. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
And what has Pau gotten much better at that you can credit Kobe with helping him do? I'm curious please tell me. 
happy.gif
Gee, I dunno.....how about the fact that late in the game they can't afford to double Pau or leave Kobe during the pick and rolls that they run. 

Maybe that takes some of the pressure off Gasol, since he isn't asked to deliver late in games.  Or that he isn't the primary focus of each and every single defense the Lakers play, sorta like when he was in Memphis, and everybody just guarded him and forced the other Grizz to beat them. 

Yeah, Kobe hasn't helped Pau out in the least.  Not at all. 

It isn't that Kobe taught Pau how to dribble a basketball, or taught him a specific skill set genius, it's what he ALLOWS Pau to do within the flow of the game.  It's the space he creates for Pau.  Doesn't take a damn rocket scientist to figure this stuff out. 

People friggin killin me with this crap. 
30t6p3b.gif

Why is he better? You're not answering my question. You're telling me how Kobe and Pau compliment eachother, not how Kobe is making Pau better like some people in here are saying.

He hasn't gone from 10/5 to 20/10 since playing with Bryant. His numbers are pretty much identical across the board. What is Kobe allowing Pau to do more of? Or are you confusing better with easier. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

kobe wasn't doing squat (didn't make the playoffs and lost in the 1st round twice)..

then gasol shows up.. and ta da, 3 straight trips to the finals
people love to forget that the lakers upgraded from smush to fisher, the young guys (Bynum, Farmar, and Vujacic) came of age, and the lakers were rolling before Drew got hurt and Pau was aquired.

actually my biggest problem with kobe's top 5 ever credentials.. is the year he didn't make the playoffs (when he had odom AND caron butler)

and CP1708,
calm down buddy.. just because we don't think the guy is top 5, doesn't make him a crap player.. but dude ain't jordan, who is an anomaly in that top 10 group (being the only wing player to win championships without dominate post players)

kobe wasn't doing squat (didn't make the playoffs and lost in the 1st round twice)..

people love to forget that the lakers upgraded from smush to fisher, the young guys (Bynum, Farmar, and Vujacic) came of age, and the lakers were rolling before Drew got hurt and Pau was aquired.

actually my biggest problem with kobe's top 5 ever credentials.. is the year he didn't make the playoffs (when he had odom AND caron butler)

and CP1708,
calm down buddy.. just because we don't think the guy is top 5, doesn't make him a crap player.. but dude ain't jordan, who is an anomaly in that top 10 group (being the only wing player to win championships without dominate post players)

laugh.gif
@ a lot of the crap in here, CP has hit most everything in his vast archives.

Just know that KB's career is far from over and by the time it's through all of these 'opinions' and some people stating facts that are really opinions will start to look really foolish.

laugh.gif
@ a lot of the crap in here, CP has hit most everything in his vast archives.

Just know that KB's career is far from over and by the time it's through all of these 'opinions' and some people stating facts that are really opinions will start to look really foolish.

and CP1708,

cause caron was good, but not the all star player he is now. and lamar odom... well he is probably one of the most versatile players ever.. but he's not comfortable or good enough to be a #2 option. thats why they didnt make the playoffs, and cause the west is always a battle.

and CP1708,

cause caron was good, but not the all star player he is now. and lamar odom... well he is probably one of the most versatile players ever.. but he's not comfortable or good enough to be a #2 option. thats why they didnt make the playoffs, and cause the west is always a battle.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by MJsaver

So now people think Pau is Shaq 2.0 or something, hes a good player but i'd think Kobe has earned the right to say he's made Pau better and not vice versa.

LA wasnt having any problems the season they traded for Pau, UNTIL BYNUM GOT HURT...All he needed was an inside presence and Drew/ Pau
were a good fit.....Of course they dont go to 3 straight finals with Drew alone, but dont pretend Pau rescued him from the abyss either.

Be honest what do you expect if Kwame is your staring center, seriously ?

You don't pretend without Pau they're finals contenders or even contenders at all.
They were still gonna be doing absolutely nothing without getting Pau. You said it yourself last sentence.

happy.gif
So you forgot they had the best record in the league before Pau got there, like i said they were doing fine that season....Until Bynum got hurt, they were well on there way to a good season.

Pau obviously fits better as a #2 option, Kobe gets a ton of attention which loosens things up for Pau. Im not tryin to paint Kobe as Nash but Pau benefits from his presence.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by MJsaver

So now people think Pau is Shaq 2.0 or something, hes a good player but i'd think Kobe has earned the right to say he's made Pau better and not vice versa.

LA wasnt having any problems the season they traded for Pau, UNTIL BYNUM GOT HURT...All he needed was an inside presence and Drew/ Pau
were a good fit.....Of course they dont go to 3 straight finals with Drew alone, but dont pretend Pau rescued him from the abyss either.

Be honest what do you expect if Kwame is your staring center, seriously ?

You don't pretend without Pau they're finals contenders or even contenders at all.
They were still gonna be doing absolutely nothing without getting Pau. You said it yourself last sentence.

happy.gif
So you forgot they had the best record in the league before Pau got there, like i said they were doing fine that season....Until Bynum got hurt, they were well on there way to a good season.

Pau obviously fits better as a #2 option, Kobe gets a ton of attention which loosens things up for Pau. Im not tryin to paint Kobe as Nash but Pau benefits from his presence.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Why you guys get caught up in this so much I don't know.
because its fun. 
CP can you wait til both DUNCAN and KOBE hang them up? Is this to much to ask?
ohwell.gif

because its fun. 
ohwell.gif

[table][tr][td]itsaboutthattime[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 11/22/10
[/td][/tr][/table]
"but dude ain't jordan"

A true example of waving the white flag on NT.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

[/td][/tr][/table]
"but dude ain't jordan"

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

because its fun. 
ohwell.gif

I already said that people should wait til the man is done playing. 

Dunc is just done. 
tired.gif
  He'll add some totals to his numbers, but in terms of relevance, Tim Duncan as we know him is gone.  Much the same as Shaq.  Shaq still out there getting some extra numbers up, but he isn't "Shaq" anymore.  Get what I'm sayin?  It's not a knock, or hate, Kobe will be in the same spot in a couple years, hell maybe even next year for all we know, but as of now, he's still high level, the other two are not.  *shrugs* 

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

because its fun. 
ohwell.gif

I already said that people should wait til the man is done playing. 

Dunc is just done. 
tired.gif
  He'll add some totals to his numbers, but in terms of relevance, Tim Duncan as we know him is gone.  Much the same as Shaq.  Shaq still out there getting some extra numbers up, but he isn't "Shaq" anymore.  Get what I'm sayin?  It's not a knock, or hate, Kobe will be in the same spot in a couple years, hell maybe even next year for all we know, but as of now, he's still high level, the other two are not.  *shrugs* 

There will be another Kobe. There will never be another Magic.

Magic > Kobe.

Period.

There will be another Kobe. There will never be another Magic.

Magic > Kobe.

Period.

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

[/td][/tr][/table]
"but dude ain't jordan"

laugh.gif
roll.gif

waving a white flag? please explain

the only other example that I can think of, of a perimeter player winning mutlitiple championships without a dominate low post presence, was isiah

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

[/td][/tr][/table]
"but dude ain't jordan"

laugh.gif
roll.gif

waving a white flag? please explain

the only other example that I can think of, of a perimeter player winning mutlitiple championships without a dominate low post presence, was isiah

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

and CP1708,

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I'm gonna use that excuse next time too.

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

and CP1708,

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I'm gonna use that excuse next time too.

grin.gif
Check Gasol's 05-06 and 06-07 numbers. In 06-07, the last full season before he joined the Lakers he averaged 20.8 points on .538 shooting, 9.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.1 blocks in 36.2 minutes. Gasol was still developing as a player. The biggest and only stat difference between Gasol in Memphis and Gasol in L.A. are his rebounding numbers, mainly offensive rebounds. So really, the biggest way Kobe has helped Gasol's stats is by his constant brick-laying that allows him to get more rebounds, as is evident in his extremely underrated bailout performance in game 7 of the finals where he grabbed 9 offensive rebounds, just two shy of Dennis Rodman's record set in the 96 finals.

In the end, they obviously fed off each other and had more success when they hooked up, but if you REALLY want to start talking about who helped who more, then check out this fact:

Kobe prior to Pau: 45 and 42 win seasons and first round exits.
Pau prior to Kobe: 50 and 49 win seasons and first round exits.

Gasol is the perfect teammate for Kobe stans. Helps his team win tremendously, yet even when he grabs 20 rebounds in a game he'll somehow always be a soft euro and will never steal the spotlight from Kobe, who in turn will always get the credit for the Lakers wins. Gasol is even more underrated and less threatening to Kobe than Pippen was to Jordan in this aspect.

You sir, are a very smart person. No sarcasm. And I agree

grin.gif
Check Gasol's 05-06 and 06-07 numbers. In 06-07, the last full season before he joined the Lakers he averaged 20.8 points on .538 shooting, 9.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.1 blocks in 36.2 minutes. Gasol was still developing as a player. The biggest and only stat difference between Gasol in Memphis and Gasol in L.A. are his rebounding numbers, mainly offensive rebounds. So really, the biggest way Kobe has helped Gasol's stats is by his constant brick-laying that allows him to get more rebounds, as is evident in his extremely underrated bailout performance in game 7 of the finals where he grabbed 9 offensive rebounds, just two shy of Dennis Rodman's record set in the 96 finals.

In the end, they obviously fed off each other and had more success when they hooked up, but if you REALLY want to start talking about who helped who more, then check out this fact:

Kobe prior to Pau: 45 and 42 win seasons and first round exits.
Pau prior to Kobe: 50 and 49 win seasons and first round exits.

Gasol is the perfect teammate for Kobe stans. Helps his team win tremendously, yet even when he grabs 20 rebounds in a game he'll somehow always be a soft euro and will never steal the spotlight from Kobe, who in turn will always get the credit for the Lakers wins. Gasol is even more underrated and less threatening to Kobe than Pippen was to Jordan in this aspect.

You sir, are a very smart person. No sarcasm. And I agree

Back
Top Bottom