delete

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

kobe didnt just quit in that phoenix series.

he quit a bunch of times.

and by quit i mean i would pass up a lot of shots on purpose and refuse to shoot. to teach his team a lesson.

hes been doin this since like '01,in select playoff games.

i know he def. did it in '04 durin the playoffs

These are facts! Real *****hassness

xmlanm.jpg

So are these

Damn the both of you just got PWN3D!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

and by quit i mean i would pass up a lot of shots on purpose and refuse to shoot. to teach his team a lesson.

xmlanm.jpg

So are these

Damn the both of you just got PWN3D!!!!!!!!!

huggersgonnahug.png

huggersgonnahug.png

Originally Posted by CP1708

Kobe still tough, with assists from the greats

MINNEAPOLIS – Out of nowhere one afternoon, Michael Jackson made a call to the irrepressible and isolated Kobe Bryant, and so much changed for him. From a distance, the King of Pop could sense so much of his own obsessive genius within the prodigy. Bryant was the 18-year-old wonder for the Los Angeles Lakers, and no one knew what to make of a restlessness borne of a desperate desire for greatness.

“He noticed I was getting a lot of [expletive] for being different,

Kobe still tough, with assists from the greats

MINNEAPOLIS – Out of nowhere one afternoon, Michael Jackson made a call to the irrepressible and isolated Kobe Bryant, and so much changed for him. From a distance, the King of Pop could sense so much of his own obsessive genius within the prodigy. Bryant was the 18-year-old wonder for the Los Angeles Lakers, and no one knew what to make of a restlessness borne of a desperate desire for greatness.

“He noticed I was getting a lot of [expletive] for being different,

Dudes hyping Kobe up to be the greatest or 2nd greatest of all-time.........SMH.  If he's THAT great why does he only have 1 measly regular season MVP??

Dudes hyping Kobe up to be the greatest or 2nd greatest of all-time.........SMH.  If he's THAT great why does he only have 1 measly regular season MVP??

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Why does the Logo of the entire NBA have zero? 

So his 5 chips and 2 finals mvp should be looked over because he only has 1 league mvp. Ask Bron which he'd rather have. Smh.

So his 5 chips and 2 finals mvp should be looked over because he only has 1 league mvp. Ask Bron which he'd rather have. Smh.

You can't even stick to the topic at hand..............I ask about Kobe Bryant, not Jerry West.

So his 5 chips and 2 finals mvp should be looked over because he only has 1 league mvp. 
I never said he or they SHOULD be looked over.  Just saying that when you put things into perspective for a guy that a good majority of you Kobe lovers are hyping up to be the greatest or 2nd greatest of all-time for the 5 championships he has, he wasn't even for the first or best option for more than HALF of his championships.  Just like for the 5 championships he has, he wasn't even the Finals MVP for more than HALF of the championships.  I mean there's something to be said about that, not trying to discredit the guy but facts is facts. 

because hes not in the top 5 argument here

because hes not in the top 5 argument here

You can't even stick to the topic at hand..............I ask about Kobe Bryant, not Jerry West.

So his 5 chips and 2 finals mvp should be looked over because he only has 1 league mvp. 
I never said he or they SHOULD be looked over.  Just saying that when you put things into perspective for a guy that a good majority of you Kobe lovers are hyping up to be the greatest or 2nd greatest of all-time for the 5 championships he has, he wasn't even for the first or best option for more than HALF of his championships.  Just like for the 5 championships he has, he wasn't even the Finals MVP for more than HALF of the championships.  I mean there's something to be said about that, not trying to discredit the guy but facts is facts. 

CP1708 wrote:

*yawn* 

Ok, I'll play your game, why not? 

First half his career was with another elite, basically meaning that they could/would split votes.  That's how things work.  Kobe wasn't gonna get an MVP with Shaq on the team. 

He leaves, 05-06 Kobe was far and away the best player on the planet that year.  (certainly people will try to argue, but as you said, facts are facts, NOBODY was bodying up entire franchises in games the way Kobe was doing)  The guy outscored 2 full teams basically, and added another couple 60's and 50's for extra credit. 

But, based on this magical rule that your team had to be elite, Nash was given the award with numbers that rivaled those of the iluustrious Mark Jackson, and below par with a guy like Kevin Johnson or Tim Hardaway.

06-07 he was again solid, but Dirk was big that year, his team won a ton of games, his award. 

Kobe got his finally in 08, much to the chagrin of people like yourself. 

The next two went to Lebron, his teams had the best record, nothing really to argue. 

So essentially now, he's played 5 full seasons without Shaq on his team, Nash, Dirk, Kobe, and Bron twice have been the winners of the award.  These are the facts as you say. 

Care to answer a question of mine now? 

What other player (exclude MJ, we all know where he ranks)  can go on a basketball court, and can do EVERYTHING? 
I'm talking about step back 3's, go on the block on either side, finish with either hand, fadeaways from both sides on the baseline, and also from the elbows, raise up standing flat footed from 20 feet and hit over 2-3 defenders (think of the Suns series of shots he hit in the 4th) the swing thru where he squeezes down low thru two defenders and then re-rises up for the shot, the jab steps from either side, pivot either direction and go up, drive to the hoop (younger days) and finish, find the open man from double teams (watch the game last night?) get the rebounds when called upon, lock down players from 6-0 Iverson, to 6-9 Lebron (we all know his defense isn't exactly first team like he's given credit for, however nobody ever torches him either, only one I can think of was Gil's 60, and that was 42 thru 4, with a ridiculous 18 in OT to get to 60)  Also, see his D on the Olympic team.  Who else can go left, go right either way (Not like Lamar Odom who goes left 112% of his drives)  Pump mfake, pump fake, pump fake again, and still rise up over a defender, AND get fouled.  The pivot spin, like the one he did at the Garden in the 61 game, pumps going right, spins back away from the defender and still hits the shot.  Range, from 27-28 feet, smooth.  (think the 3 in Boston game 5 that had Wade shakin his head) 

Who else that has played this game, has that repertoire?  Hell, I probably forgot some of his tricks.  What other player could score from any spot on the floor, with an array of moves, countermoves, and flat improvisations if you were able to stop all his moves and extra moves?  Then on top of that, still be a great passer (which we see more now, then when he was younger of course) and be able to get rebounds when needed to the tune of career averages of about 5 and 5 for each (as a SG) in which neither is his sole duty)  As reference, the list of players that average 25, 5 and 5 for their career is short and if you'll allow me, some of those guys like say Lebron, has roughly ZERO offensive moves/counters other then bull your 270 pound frame to the cup and sometimes hit a wide open 3. 

Who else, can do ALL of those things, other then Mike?  Is there another player, that has played the game that can do all those things?  And remember, keep it factual. 
wink.gif

CP1708 wrote:

*yawn* 

First half his career was with another elite, basically meaning that they could/would split votes.  That's how things work.  Kobe wasn't gonna get an MVP with Shaq on the team. 

He leaves, 05-06 Kobe was far and away the best player on the planet that year.  (certainly people will try to argue, but as you said, facts are facts, NOBODY was bodying up entire franchises in games the way Kobe was doing)  The guy outscored 2 full teams basically, and added another couple 60's and 50's for extra credit. 

But, based on this magical rule that your team had to be elite, Nash was given the award with numbers that rivaled those of the iluustrious Mark Jackson, and below par with a guy like Kevin Johnson or Tim Hardaway.

06-07 he was again solid, but Dirk was big that year, his team won a ton of games, his award. 

Kobe got his finally in 08, much to the chagrin of people like yourself. 

The next two went to Lebron, his teams had the best record, nothing really to argue. 

So essentially now, he's played 5 full seasons without Shaq on his team, Nash, Dirk, Kobe, and Bron twice have been the winners of the award.  These are the facts as you say. 

Care to answer a question of mine now? 

What other player (exclude MJ, we all know where he ranks)  can go on a basketball court, and can do EVERYTHING? 
I'm talking about step back 3's, go on the block on either side, finish with either hand, fadeaways from both sides on the baseline, and also from the elbows, raise up standing flat footed from 20 feet and hit over 2-3 defenders (think of the Suns series of shots he hit in the 4th) the swing thru where he squeezes down low thru two defenders and then re-rises up for the shot, the jab steps from either side, pivot either direction and go up, drive to the hoop (younger days) and finish, find the open man from double teams (watch the game last night?) get the rebounds when called upon, lock down players from 6-0 Iverson, to 6-9 Lebron (we all know his defense isn't exactly first team like he's given credit for, however nobody ever torches him either, only one I can think of was Gil's 60, and that was 42 thru 4, with a ridiculous 18 in OT to get to 60)  Also, see his D on the Olympic team.  Who else can go left, go right either way (Not like Lamar Odom who goes left 112% of his drives)  Pump mfake, pump fake, pump fake again, and still rise up over a defender, AND get fouled.  The pivot spin, like the one he did at the Garden in the 61 game, pumps going right, spins back away from the defender and still hits the shot.  Range, from 27-28 feet, smooth.  (think the 3 in Boston game 5 that had Wade shakin his head) 

Who else that has played this game, has that repertoire?  Hell, I probably forgot some of his tricks.  What other player could score from any spot on the floor, with an array of moves, countermoves, and flat improvisations if you were able to stop all his moves and extra moves?  Then on top of that, still be a great passer (which we see more now, then when he was younger of course) and be able to get rebounds when needed to the tune of career averages of about 5 and 5 for each (as a SG) in which neither is his sole duty)  As reference, the list of players that average 25, 5 and 5 for their career is short and if you'll allow me, some of those guys like say Lebron, has roughly ZERO offensive moves/counters other then bull your 270 pound frame to the cup and sometimes hit a wide open 3. 

Who else, can do ALL of those things, other then Mike?  Is there another player, that has played the game that can do all those things?  And remember, keep it factual. 
wink.gif

I like how you put he played with ANOTHER ELITE player as if Kobe was considered an ELITE player at the time while playing with Shaq.  As if Kobe could even be considered the MVP of either of those 3 Lakers teams let alone MVP for the entire league.  As if it could have come down to the flip of a coin to determine who the true elite player of that team or league was.  Nice try champ, but no need to try and rewrite history.  Again, I think alot of you dudes get #8 and #24 confused, and then try to just mash the two together as if they are or were one in the same.  Now with that being said, just so all you Kobe lovers know I do consider Kobe to be a great player and a case could be made for him being Top 10 when it's all said and done.

wink.gif

All jokes aside, your right on this one champ, no one else besides Mike that I've seen can do all these things.  I would like to say Oscar Robertson just because of the stats he has and the highlights that I've seen but I didn't see him play live. 

I like how you put he played with ANOTHER ELITE player as if Kobe was considered an ELITE player at the time while playing with Shaq.  As if Kobe could even be considered the MVP of either of those 3 Lakers teams let alone MVP for the entire league.  As if it could have come down to the flip of a coin to determine who the true elite player of that team or league was.  Nice try champ, but no need to try and rewrite history.  Again, I think alot of you dudes get #8 and #24 confused, and then try to just mash the two together as if they are or were one in the same.  Now with that being said, just so all you Kobe lovers know I do consider Kobe to be a great player and a case could be made for him being Top 10 when it's all said and done.

wink.gif

All jokes aside, your right on this one champ, no one else besides Mike that I've seen can do all these things.  I would like to say Oscar Robertson just because of the stats he has and the highlights that I've seen but I didn't see him play live. 

wink.gif

ohwell.gif

I mean, 28.5, 5 and 5.8 in 01 all D second team, all NBA 2nd team 9th in MVP
25.2, 5.5, and 5.5 in 02, All D second team, All NBA first team 5th in MVP
30.0, 5.9, and 6.9 in 03, All D first team, All NBA first team, and 3rd in MVP voting........

That's, "not elite" too you? 
sick.gif

He was 21, 22, and 23 years old btw.  I'll go out on a limb, and say he was a pretty good player at the time. 
laugh.gif

wink.gif

ohwell.gif

I mean, 28.5, 5 and 5.8 in 01 all D second team, all NBA 2nd team 9th in MVP
25.2, 5.5, and 5.5 in 02, All D second team, All NBA first team 5th in MVP
30.0, 5.9, and 6.9 in 03, All D first team, All NBA first team, and 3rd in MVP voting........

That's, "not elite" too you? 
sick.gif

He was 21, 22, and 23 years old btw.  I'll go out on a limb, and say he was a pretty good player at the time. 
laugh.gif

Oh, and just one thing I forgot Kobe MVP finishes since 02 when he was like 22.  5, 3, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2, 3.  So it's not like he drops off after a big year or anything, he's always right there in the discussion.  And he has a potential top finish coming this year as well.  (yet again, the man's career is not over yet)

That 4th he has?  The year he went 35.4 wtih 5.3 boards, and 4.5 assists.  The 8th highest scoring average in NBA history, like the 3rd if you leave out Wilt, and somehow, he was the "fourth" most valuable that year. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Oh, and just one thing I forgot Kobe MVP finishes since 02 when he was like 22.  5, 3, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2, 3.  So it's not like he drops off after a big year or anything, he's always right there in the discussion.  And he has a potential top finish coming this year as well.  (yet again, the man's career is not over yet)

That 4th he has?  The year he went 35.4 wtih 5.3 boards, and 4.5 assists.  The 8th highest scoring average in NBA history, like the 3rd if you leave out Wilt, and somehow, he was the "fourth" most valuable that year. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Stat nerds gettin theirs... thats wussup dudes actin like Kobe was Devean George back in the day or somethin get real fellas

Back
Top Bottom