delete

Stat nerds gettin theirs... thats wussup dudes actin like Kobe was Devean George back in the day or somethin get real fellas

I'll go out on a limb, and say he was a pretty good player at the time.
Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  Just not with you on the "he was playing with ANOTHER ELITE player" at the time as he Kobe was one himself back then.

I'll go out on a limb, and say he was a pretty good player at the time.
Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  Just not with you on the "he was playing with ANOTHER ELITE player" at the time as he Kobe was one himself back then.

That is elite.  I was being facetious with a pretty good player. 

If you don't call that elite, then I don't know what to tell you. 
30t6p3b.gif

The only other player in the game that was doin those numbers was TMac, and TMac wasn't the defender Kobe was back then.  Tracy ain't even reach a NBA D THIRD team, EVER.

Not elite. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The only other player in the game that was doin those numbers was TMac, and TMac wasn't the defender Kobe was back then.  Tracy ain't even reach a NBA D THIRD team, EVER.

Not elite. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

huggersgonnahug.png

The irony of who posted this picture is amazing. I could gravedig 100+ LeBron slurp posts, but I'll let it be.

CP is slaying folks in here. Dudes make one reply, then go ghost. Using rape, snitching, and !#%# as arguments. 
laugh.gif

Kobe.
pimp.gif
 Folks need to appreciate. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

huggersgonnahug.png

The irony of who posted this picture is amazing. I could gravedig 100+ LeBron slurp posts, but I'll let it be.

CP is slaying folks in here. Dudes make one reply, then go ghost. Using rape, snitching, and !#%# as arguments. 
laugh.gif

Kobe.
pimp.gif
 Folks need to appreciate. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

30t6p3b.gif

You gotta put things in the proper context.  Sure Kobe got those numbers and he was putting up good/great numbers but it was attributed to Shaq being DOUBLE AND TRIPLE teamed.  If you don't remember or don't want to recall that then I don't know what to tell you.  Yeah numbers don't lie, but let's really look at the reasoning behind the numbers, that's something that alot of Kobe fans don't wanna talk about or seem to have a lapse in memory about.  If the best player is getting double and tripled team down low it makes it much easier to kick it out to an open player up top and for him to score.  Like I said before, Kobe is a great player, no doubt about it but in the earlier part of his career he was NOT the best or even go to guy at the time, and there's nothing wrong with that of course.  As I have said on here many times before..............everybody can't be Batman, somebody's got to be Robin.  That's even words of advice that the Miami Heat can learn from this very day.

Originally Posted by CP1708

30t6p3b.gif

You gotta put things in the proper context.  Sure Kobe got those numbers and he was putting up good/great numbers but it was attributed to Shaq being DOUBLE AND TRIPLE teamed.  If you don't remember or don't want to recall that then I don't know what to tell you.  Yeah numbers don't lie, but let's really look at the reasoning behind the numbers, that's something that alot of Kobe fans don't wanna talk about or seem to have a lapse in memory about.  If the best player is getting double and tripled team down low it makes it much easier to kick it out to an open player up top and for him to score.  Like I said before, Kobe is a great player, no doubt about it but in the earlier part of his career he was NOT the best or even go to guy at the time, and there's nothing wrong with that of course.  As I have said on here many times before..............everybody can't be Batman, somebody's got to be Robin.  That's even words of advice that the Miami Heat can learn from this very day.

Man Kobe was shooting with 20 on the shot clock off isos and his team not set back in those days. 
laugh.gif

Man Kobe was shooting with 20 on the shot clock off isos and his team not set back in those days. 
laugh.gif

^
Ahhhh, I see.  Thank you for explaining that to me.  Now, would you mind now explaining to me why his numbers actually went up after Shaq left?  Ya know, without those double and triple teams Shaq attracted. 

And while you're at it, could you help me figure out why his numbers are pretty consistent thru the years, all the way until now, when last night I watched the Bulls double and triple Kobe all night, thus meaning that teams now focus their entire defense on Kobe (just as we did on Rose) and yet night after night, Kobe still puts up the same numbers he did when Shaq was in town. 

Soon as you can break that down for me, we'll all be smarter people around here. 
happy.gif

^
Ahhhh, I see.  Thank you for explaining that to me.  Now, would you mind now explaining to me why his numbers actually went up after Shaq left?  Ya know, without those double and triple teams Shaq attracted. 

And while you're at it, could you help me figure out why his numbers are pretty consistent thru the years, all the way until now, when last night I watched the Bulls double and triple Kobe all night, thus meaning that teams now focus their entire defense on Kobe (just as we did on Rose) and yet night after night, Kobe still puts up the same numbers he did when Shaq was in town. 

Soon as you can break that down for me, we'll all be smarter people around here. 
happy.gif

I think my favorite part is how he explains it's easier to get open shots when Shaq is being doubled and triple teamed, cuz ya know, that was the plan, was for KOBE'S man to leave him to double down. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Brilliant!!! 

I think my favorite part is how he explains it's easier to get open shots when Shaq is being doubled and triple teamed, cuz ya know, that was the plan, was for KOBE'S man to leave him to double down. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Brilliant!!! 

Thank you for explaining that to me.  Now, would you mind now explaining to me why his numbers actually went up after Shaq left?  Ya know, without those double and triple teams Shaq attracted. 

Well champ, depends on what numbers we're talking about.  His personal numbers went up but the teams overall win record went down in the beginning.  That's when he made the transition from Robin to Batman.  It's like seeing a bird leave the nest, they spread their wings and start to fly.  Sure he put up better numbers but at the sacrifice of his team losing when he first took over.

Thank you for explaining that to me.  Now, would you mind now explaining to me why his numbers actually went up after Shaq left?  Ya know, without those double and triple teams Shaq attracted. 

Well champ, depends on what numbers we're talking about.  His personal numbers went up but the teams overall win record went down in the beginning.  That's when he made the transition from Robin to Batman.  It's like seeing a bird leave the nest, they spread their wings and start to fly.  Sure he put up better numbers but at the sacrifice of his team losing when he first took over.

^
That makes soooo much sense, yeah, that's it, cuz Shaq woula got MAJOR wins with Kwame gettin his back, and kickin it out from those double teams to Smush Parker and Luke Walton. 

Yup, Shaq suuuure woulda piled up the wins with that team. 

Now I understand. 

^
That makes soooo much sense, yeah, that's it, cuz Shaq woula got MAJOR wins with Kwame gettin his back, and kickin it out from those double teams to Smush Parker and Luke Walton. 

Yup, Shaq suuuure woulda piled up the wins with that team. 

Now I understand. 

I also like how you didn't mention that Shaq was still putting up better numbers than Kobe even when he was getting doubled and tripled teamed.  I liked how you didn't speak that to the masses........
laugh.gif

cuz Shaq woula got MAJOR wins with Kwame gettin his back, and kickin it out from those double teams to Smush Parker and Luke Walton
  *Kanye West at the Grammy's*................."I guess we'll never know"

I also like how you didn't mention that Shaq was still putting up better numbers than Kobe even when he was getting doubled and tripled teamed.  I liked how you didn't speak that to the masses........
laugh.gif

cuz Shaq woula got MAJOR wins with Kwame gettin his back, and kickin it out from those double teams to Smush Parker and Luke Walton
  *Kanye West at the Grammy's*................."I guess we'll never know"

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif

Fair point.  Shaq was a major major weapon.  And he scores so easily from 3 feet under the basket, being force fed the ball over and over by 4 other teammates every single possession. 

Would now be a good time to mention how the Lakers would have to completely go away from Shaq in the 4th quarters now?  When should we speak on this?  Remember when Phil would have to take Shaq out, so the other teams wouldn't foul him on purpose, costing us points? 

Save that for later? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif

Fair point.  Shaq was a major major weapon.  And he scores so easily from 3 feet under the basket, being force fed the ball over and over by 4 other teammates every single possession. 

Would now be a good time to mention how the Lakers would have to completely go away from Shaq in the 4th quarters now?  When should we speak on this?  Remember when Phil would have to take Shaq out, so the other teams wouldn't foul him on purpose, costing us points? 

Save that for later? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom