delete

even charles doesn't believe half the @#$% that comes out of his mouth. this whole kobe-magic thing is debatable though, but as of now, i'd take magic.

even charles doesn't believe half the @#$% that comes out of his mouth. this whole kobe-magic thing is debatable though, but as of now, i'd take magic.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by mco85

I hate when people downplay Magic by saying how he lost in the finals four times. The level of competition was so much better than what Jordan faced. Honestly I think that 10 year window when Jordan won his rings was one of the worst in the NBA
A lot of people (sorry, let me clarify: almost everyone) conveniently ignore the fact the NBA was at its most diluted point during Jordan's ENTIRE run. The NBA added four teams over '88 and '89. Couple that with all the strong teams from the '80s breaking down and no truly dominant center in the Eastern Conference, and it made going through the East playoffs a lot easier. The best centers during Jordan's run (Admiral/Hakeem the first time, Shaq/Admiral/Hakeem the second) were in the Western Conference, and he never faced them in the Finals. In the 72-win season, two MORE teams had been added. Couple all that with bloated contracts, laziness, etc. and it's a perfect storm, especially if your team has the closest thing to a Big 3 (Jordan, Rodman, Pippen) since the Celtics and Lakers of the '80s.

Sooooo If the 90's was the NBA at its most diluted during Jordan's era what was it during Kobe's era???

30t6p3b.gif
and so it begins.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by mco85

I hate when people downplay Magic by saying how he lost in the finals four times. The level of competition was so much better than what Jordan faced. Honestly I think that 10 year window when Jordan won his rings was one of the worst in the NBA
A lot of people (sorry, let me clarify: almost everyone) conveniently ignore the fact the NBA was at its most diluted point during Jordan's ENTIRE run. The NBA added four teams over '88 and '89. Couple that with all the strong teams from the '80s breaking down and no truly dominant center in the Eastern Conference, and it made going through the East playoffs a lot easier. The best centers during Jordan's run (Admiral/Hakeem the first time, Shaq/Admiral/Hakeem the second) were in the Western Conference, and he never faced them in the Finals. In the 72-win season, two MORE teams had been added. Couple all that with bloated contracts, laziness, etc. and it's a perfect storm, especially if your team has the closest thing to a Big 3 (Jordan, Rodman, Pippen) since the Celtics and Lakers of the '80s.

Sooooo If the 90's was the NBA at its most diluted during Jordan's era what was it during Kobe's era???

30t6p3b.gif
and so it begins.

Kobe fan aside.... I can see him being sumwhere around 8-11 on a lot of peoples lists

Chuck list aint that bad...if yo throw Magic ahead of him that leaves him at 7 right....we shud be able to live wit that lol

Kobe fan aside.... I can see him being sumwhere around 8-11 on a lot of peoples lists

Chuck list aint that bad...if yo throw Magic ahead of him that leaves him at 7 right....we shud be able to live wit that lol

This is such a difficult comparison IMO just because the style of their play.

Magic is no doubt the better play-maker.

Kobe is no doubt the better scorer and defender.

So it really starts to come down to what on court skills do people think is more important.

One thing I cant put my finger on though...

If Mike is better than Magic with no argument, how is Kobe not also better when he has the exact same skillset?

at the end of the day none of this matters, they are all millionaire hall of famers...

This is such a difficult comparison IMO just because the style of their play.

Magic is no doubt the better play-maker.

Kobe is no doubt the better scorer and defender.

So it really starts to come down to what on court skills do people think is more important.

One thing I cant put my finger on though...

If Mike is better than Magic with no argument, how is Kobe not also better when he has the exact same skillset?

at the end of the day none of this matters, they are all millionaire hall of famers...

Kobe is better than Magic, seriously...once Kobe became a team player and started passing the ball that was it.

That was the only serious advantage Magic had over him, offensively its not even close. Kobe is the better shooter, ball handler, and finisher.

I can see people saying that Magic meant more to the league because of the 80's and the rivalry, but I'd say Kobe is a better player.

Kobe is better than Magic, seriously...once Kobe became a team player and started passing the ball that was it.

That was the only serious advantage Magic had over him, offensively its not even close. Kobe is the better shooter, ball handler, and finisher.

I can see people saying that Magic meant more to the league because of the 80's and the rivalry, but I'd say Kobe is a better player.

the two best players to lace them up are mj & kb. period. everybody else is objective because they all had their flaws, and little areas where they lacked, but those two, had the least amount of minus' out of anybody. kobe the best from the west, mj the best from the east. u can round out the list with magic, bird, kareem, etc, however you like, but those top two spots are fixed.

the two best players to lace them up are mj & kb. period. everybody else is objective because they all had their flaws, and little areas where they lacked, but those two, had the least amount of minus' out of anybody. kobe the best from the west, mj the best from the east. u can round out the list with magic, bird, kareem, etc, however you like, but those top two spots are fixed.

Kobe aint better than Magic.
100% Truth, and to the dudes that want to point out how Magic lost a few times in the finals lets not forget that he lost to 2 of the best players ever in Bird mostly and for the last time against Jordan.

Kobe aint better than Magic.
100% Truth, and to the dudes that want to point out how Magic lost a few times in the finals lets not forget that he lost to 2 of the best players ever in Bird mostly and for the last time against Jordan.

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

you know, people say magic lost in the finals, but jordan never got there, until 6 years in the league. the bulls didnt even beat the pistons to get to the finals. by the time the bulls got there, the celtics werent even relevant anymore
30t6p3b.gif

Wrong fam, it was a while ago but if i'm not mistaken they swept Detroit that year.
That was the year Isiah & co. walked off w/out shaking the Bull's  hand.

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

you know, people say magic lost in the finals, but jordan never got there, until 6 years in the league. the bulls didnt even beat the pistons to get to the finals. by the time the bulls got there, the celtics werent even relevant anymore
30t6p3b.gif

Wrong fam, it was a while ago but if i'm not mistaken they swept Detroit that year.
That was the year Isiah & co. walked off w/out shaking the Bull's  hand.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

why is he not better than magic?

How old are you? If you're under 30 then you have grounds to ast that question. If you're over 30 asking that you have to be one of the dumbest %#$@@ on the planet.

How long did it take Kobe to be a team leader? Magic carried his team to a title in his rookie season. Magic never lost it and was hands down the best until Jordan took the reigns. I am a Celtics fan and as much as it pains me to say this, Magic was better than Larry.

Kobe has 2 rings in my eyes, Magic was the Star on all 5 of his. Magic never punked out like Kobe did. I know most of you youngsters ride Kobe like crazy, but know that he couldn't carry nor lead like Magic.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

why is he not better than magic?

How old are you? If you're under 30 then you have grounds to ast that question. If you're over 30 asking that you have to be one of the dumbest %#$@@ on the planet.

How long did it take Kobe to be a team leader? Magic carried his team to a title in his rookie season. Magic never lost it and was hands down the best until Jordan took the reigns. I am a Celtics fan and as much as it pains me to say this, Magic was better than Larry.

Kobe has 2 rings in my eyes, Magic was the Star on all 5 of his. Magic never punked out like Kobe did. I know most of you youngsters ride Kobe like crazy, but know that he couldn't carry nor lead like Magic.

Again, 100% Truth.  I know all this is tough for you Kobe lovers to take in, but it is what it is. 

Back
Top Bottom