delete

Kobe is better. Look a the guys Kobe is playing against and look at who magic was playing against. I'm not even talking about talent. Everyone in the league now is way bigger and faster than players in 70s and 80's. Kobe's skill set is also way more versatile than magic. He can basically do everything Jordan was able to do. He also adjusted his game as he aged just like mj did. Kobe's midrange/post game is undefendable with the spin moves, fadesaways and pivots. The only thing like that magic ever did was a sky hook.

pffft c'mon chuck. this is coming from a guy that said kobes days of scoring 30+ are over then kobe averages 30+ against the utah series
laugh.gif

and for all you guys saying kobe>magic cause magic johnson said it himself. uuuuhhhh do you really think magic is gonna say im the best Laker? no. what would that make magic look? like an arrogant jerk right?
laugh.gif

the fact is id put magic over kobe regardless how many kobe ends up with because magic brought the Lakers back and he could score and dish it at the same time. IMO a 6'9 guard
who can play every position thats something special. plus a rookie winning the finals MVP?
pimp.gif
 whos ever done that? yeah everyone can score but not everyone can get the rebound and run then set up his man up for a basket. dude could play every position.

overall magic wins.

dont get me wrong i do think kobe is top 5

pffft c'mon chuck. this is coming from a guy that said kobes days of scoring 30+ are over then kobe averages 30+ against the utah series
laugh.gif

and for all you guys saying kobe>magic cause magic johnson said it himself. uuuuhhhh do you really think magic is gonna say im the best Laker? no. what would that make magic look? like an arrogant jerk right?
laugh.gif

the fact is id put magic over kobe regardless how many kobe ends up with because magic brought the Lakers back and he could score and dish it at the same time. IMO a 6'9 guard
who can play every position thats something special. plus a rookie winning the finals MVP?
pimp.gif
 whos ever done that? yeah everyone can score but not everyone can get the rebound and run then set up his man up for a basket. dude could play every position.

overall magic wins.

Originally Posted by alsquared

Kobe is better. Look a the guys Kobe is playing against and look at who magic was playing against. I'm not even talking about talent. Everyone in the league now is way bigger and faster than players in 70s and 80's. Kobe's skill set is also way more versatile than magic. He can basically do everything Jordan was able to do. He also adjusted his game as he aged just like mj did. Kobe's midrange/post game is undefendable with the spin moves, fadesaways and pivots. The only thing like that magic ever did was a sky hook.
641155e08aab361714b5e7d7a9a7e90e17c9fc0.gif
   and while im at it   
2cd2592e328ada4031217398f6f864127b060c6.gif

Originally Posted by alsquared

641155e08aab361714b5e7d7a9a7e90e17c9fc0.gif
   and while im at it   
2cd2592e328ada4031217398f6f864127b060c6.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Kobe's skill set is also way more versatile than magic.
You're aware that Magic started an NBA Finals game at center, right?

as a rookie too!
pimp.gif

alsquared wrote:

kareem_tskyhook2.jpg

Originally Posted by JD617

Kobe's skill set is also way more versatile than magic.
You're aware that Magic started an NBA Finals game at center, right?

as a rookie too!
pimp.gif

alsquared wrote:

kareem_tskyhook2.jpg

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I think alot of people in here are either too young or simply don't know their NBA history.  Magic put the Lakers on the map, no doubt about it, all Kobe did was help carry on the tradition.  Also, without Magic, Larry Bird one of the the top 5 players of all-time ends his career with 7 or 8 championships rings, instead he ended his career with just 3.  There's a reason for that, and his name is Magic.  I think dudes really don't know the history of the Lakers and Celtics and what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. 

this debate unofficially ended a few posts back but here i go, anyway. in regards to what xsalvioutlawx explained above: it's kind of illogical to argue that magic is greater than kobe when magic, himself, explained what kobe needed to do to become the greatest laker, and the fact that kobe actually did it makes no sense on arguing otherwise. speaking of the lack of logic, kobe has only two rings??? what kind of eyes are you working with? SMH. magic, with help of larry, revitalized the basketball world in a way no other player has ever done or will do. that is very important to his legacy and to all basketball fans, but an actual player comparison just doesn't literally take that fact into account.

I think alot of people in here are either too young or simply don't know their NBA history.  Magic put the Lakers on the map, no doubt about it, all Kobe did was help carry on the tradition.  Also, without Magic, Larry Bird one of the the top 5 players of all-time ends his career with 7 or 8 championships rings, instead he ended his career with just 3.  There's a reason for that, and his name is Magic.  I think dudes really don't know the history of the Lakers and Celtics and what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. 

this debate unofficially ended a few posts back but here i go, anyway. in regards to what xsalvioutlawx explained above: it's kind of illogical to argue that magic is greater than kobe when magic, himself, explained what kobe needed to do to become the greatest laker, and the fact that kobe actually did it makes no sense on arguing otherwise. speaking of the lack of logic, kobe has only two rings??? what kind of eyes are you working with? SMH. magic, with help of larry, revitalized the basketball world in a way no other player has ever done or will do. that is very important to his legacy and to all basketball fans, but an actual player comparison just doesn't literally take that fact into account.

Kobe is better then Magic and Bird.

I don't think you say he's had a better career then Kareem but you can't say it's worse.

Kobe is better then Magic and Bird.

I don't think you say he's had a better career then Kareem but you can't say it's worse.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

overall magic wins.

he never said it directly, but indirectly it was clear as glass. after kobe won in 2009 he said he would need to win won more time to be the greatest laker. obviously, until that time came he himself stood atop of kobe and all other lakers.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

overall magic wins.

he never said it directly, but indirectly it was clear as glass. after kobe won in 2009 he said he would need to win won more time to be the greatest laker. obviously, until that time came he himself stood atop of kobe and all other lakers.

Deuce King wrote:

yes magic is the GLOAT but with this logic you can say magic and bird are the greatest players of all time because they put the NBA on the map. which also means jordan carried that tradition. c'mon now deuce all kobe did was help carry the tradition? he did more than that, i mean thats a tough act to follow after showtime. you always seem to downplay everything kobe does.

Deuce King wrote:

yes magic is the GLOAT but with this logic you can say magic and bird are the greatest players of all time because they put the NBA on the map. which also means jordan carried that tradition. c'mon now deuce all kobe did was help carry the tradition? he did more than that, i mean thats a tough act to follow after showtime. you always seem to downplay everything kobe does.

Where do you get this stuff? Ever heard of Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, hell George Mikan...? 
laugh.gif
  Of course Magic and Larry took it to another level but for you to insinuate that the Lakers were not "on the map" before Earvin's arrival, well then I don't know who needs a history lesson more. 
Magic and Kobe are incredibly close. I don't see a clear winner in that battle.  Magic is the greatest PG in NBA history, bar none. If I had to pick, I would say Magic. If he didn't retire in 1991, his career statistics would be eye-popping. Kobe's career statistics will be. 

Like it's crazy to look at Magic's playoff stats. He avg 19.5, 12 and 8 in the playoffs... 
sick.gif

Where do you get this stuff? Ever heard of Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, hell George Mikan...? 
laugh.gif
  Of course Magic and Larry took it to another level but for you to insinuate that the Lakers were not "on the map" before Earvin's arrival, well then I don't know who needs a history lesson more. 
Magic and Kobe are incredibly close. I don't see a clear winner in that battle.  Magic is the greatest PG in NBA history, bar none. If I had to pick, I would say Magic. If he didn't retire in 1991, his career statistics would be eye-popping. Kobe's career statistics will be. 

Like it's crazy to look at Magic's playoff stats. He avg 19.5, 12 and 8 in the playoffs... 
sick.gif

Co-signs

Discussing sports on a board filled with kids gets you the idiotic responses we have in here. I'd be willing to bet the house that people in here riding for Kobe never watched Magic play a game. If you weren't old enough to watch Magic play, why are you people sharing an opinion that holds no weight? Magic is a stand up guy and for him to say anything that puts Kobe on a pedestal is expected. The bottom line is if you aren't old enough to participate in this conversation, sit the hell down.

Co-signs

Discussing sports on a board filled with kids gets you the idiotic responses we have in here. I'd be willing to bet the house that people in here riding for Kobe never watched Magic play a game. If you weren't old enough to watch Magic play, why are you people sharing an opinion that holds no weight? Magic is a stand up guy and for him to say anything that puts Kobe on a pedestal is expected. The bottom line is if you aren't old enough to participate in this conversation, sit the hell down.

Originally Posted by kali4nikated

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

overall magic wins.

regardless if its directly and indirectly he is still not gonna come out and say i'm the greatest Laker.   

Originally Posted by kali4nikated

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

overall magic wins.

regardless if its directly and indirectly he is still not gonna come out and say i'm the greatest Laker.   

Originally Posted by bijald0331

laugh.gif

sick.gif

i wouldnt say greatest pg in nba history, that belongs to john stockton

Originally Posted by bijald0331

laugh.gif

sick.gif

i wouldnt say greatest pg in nba history, that belongs to john stockton

Back
Top Bottom