delete

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

3900stabler wrote:
The exact reason Kobe will never get the full respect he deserves until he retires. 80% of this board can't put their biased views aside and keep it straight skill vs. skill. KOBE'S BASKETBALL SKILLS > ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED! (except MJ)

I agree.

3900stabler wrote:
The exact reason Kobe will never get the full respect he deserves until he retires. 80% of this board can't put their biased views aside and keep it straight skill vs. skill. KOBE'S BASKETBALL SKILLS > ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED! (except MJ)

I agree.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

3900stabler wrote:

I agree.
I actually think Kobe is the best... you now what, nevermind i'll say this... Kobe is the hardest worker when it comes to basketball I believe. The dude lives and breathes basketball. He wasn't all that skilled in the beginning and now he's arguably the most skilled player of all time.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

3900stabler wrote:

I agree.
I actually think Kobe is the best... you now what, nevermind i'll say this... Kobe is the hardest worker when it comes to basketball I believe. The dude lives and breathes basketball. He wasn't all that skilled in the beginning and now he's arguably the most skilled player of all time.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I think alot of people in here are either too young or simply don't know their NBA history.  Magic put the Lakers on the map, no doubt about it, all Kobe did was help carry on the tradition.  Also, without Magic, Larry Bird one of the the top 5 players of all-time ends his career with 7 or 8 championships rings, instead he ended his career with just 3.  There's a reason for that, and his name is Magic.  I think dudes really don't know the history of the Lakers and Celtics and what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. 

Where do you get this stuff? Ever heard of Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, hell George Mikan...? 
laugh.gif
  Of course Magic and Larry took it to another level but for you to insinuate that the Lakers were not "on the map" before Earvin's arrival, well then I don't know who needs a history lesson more. 
Magic and Kobe are incredibly close. I don't see a clear winner in that battle.  Magic is the greatest PG in NBA history, bar none. If I had to pick, I would say Magic. If he didn't retire in 1991, his career statistics would be eye-popping. Kobe's career statistics will be. 

Like it's crazy to look at Magic's playoff stats. He avg 19.5, 12 and 8 in the playoffs... 
sick.gif

i wouldnt say greatest pg in nba history, that belongs to john stockton

You should retire from Niketalk, effective immediately.  
indifferent.gif

whats wrong with calling stockton the greatest pg. the guy has the most assist and steals in nba history and no one is coming close to those numbers and also one of the most durable players in sports.

I think alot of people in here are either too young or simply don't know their NBA history.  Magic put the Lakers on the map, no doubt about it, all Kobe did was help carry on the tradition.  Also, without Magic, Larry Bird one of the the top 5 players of all-time ends his career with 7 or 8 championships rings, instead he ended his career with just 3.  There's a reason for that, and his name is Magic.  I think dudes really don't know the history of the Lakers and Celtics and what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. 

Where do you get this stuff? Ever heard of Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, hell George Mikan...? 
laugh.gif
  Of course Magic and Larry took it to another level but for you to insinuate that the Lakers were not "on the map" before Earvin's arrival, well then I don't know who needs a history lesson more. 
Magic and Kobe are incredibly close. I don't see a clear winner in that battle.  Magic is the greatest PG in NBA history, bar none. If I had to pick, I would say Magic. If he didn't retire in 1991, his career statistics would be eye-popping. Kobe's career statistics will be. 

Like it's crazy to look at Magic's playoff stats. He avg 19.5, 12 and 8 in the playoffs... 
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

whats wrong with calling stockton the greatest pg. the guy has the most assist and steals in nba history and no one is coming close to those numbers and also one of the most durable players in sports.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

Stockton played like 20 years to get those stats.  So numbers don't really mean a whole lot.  Look at it this way, he and another hall of famer played together for damn near 20 years.  They failed every single year to even make the finals until the very very end of their career.  Reason?  The elite Western conference guys were gone by then.  Magic, Drexler, Barkley, Hakeem.  THEN, and only then did they manage to make it to the finals.  (only to lose to an Eastern elite)

Anyhoo, what happened to the Jazz in the playoffs any time they facd a Magic led Lakers squad?  Didn't work out too well for Stock now did it?  Magic was a 6-9 PG.  John was a 6-0 white guy.  Doesn't take a genius to see that Stock wasn't really the greatest PG to live on this Earth.  He was great, sure, but he couldn't do the things that Magic could do on a basketball court.  And give Magic another 5 years of playing without HIV and that assist record that John has wouldn't be reached. 
wink.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

Stockton played like 20 years to get those stats.  So numbers don't really mean a whole lot.  Look at it this way, he and another hall of famer played together for damn near 20 years.  They failed every single year to even make the finals until the very very end of their career.  Reason?  The elite Western conference guys were gone by then.  Magic, Drexler, Barkley, Hakeem.  THEN, and only then did they manage to make it to the finals.  (only to lose to an Eastern elite)

Anyhoo, what happened to the Jazz in the playoffs any time they facd a Magic led Lakers squad?  Didn't work out too well for Stock now did it?  Magic was a 6-9 PG.  John was a 6-0 white guy.  Doesn't take a genius to see that Stock wasn't really the greatest PG to live on this Earth.  He was great, sure, but he couldn't do the things that Magic could do on a basketball court.  And give Magic another 5 years of playing without HIV and that assist record that John has wouldn't be reached. 
wink.gif

I actually think Kobe is the best... you now what, nevermind i'll say this... Kobe is the hardest worker when it comes to basketball.
michael-jordan-398.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Here comes the tired "hardest worker ever" comments.

Like we know how many hours each and every man to ever touch the rock has put into his game.
30t6p3b.gif

I actually think Kobe is the best... you now what, nevermind i'll say this... Kobe is the hardest worker when it comes to basketball.
michael-jordan-398.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Here comes the tired "hardest worker ever" comments.

Like we know how many hours each and every man to ever touch the rock has put into his game.
30t6p3b.gif

^ so then why post an MJ pic? Kind of pointless you think?
laugh.gif

I'm going based off what PLAYERS who played with and against Kobe. I'm going with Staffs that worked with and against Kobe.

It's not like i'm pulling this out of my butt.
laugh.gif
 Fall back cool guy! Didn't I write the words "I" and "think" and "believe"? Yeeeaahhhh... that kind of means that it's my opinion.  

*EDIT: I can't believe I just responded to a n00b.... .. ... and here comes the tired "i'm not a n00b, i been lurking since 01"

^ so then why post an MJ pic? Kind of pointless you think?
laugh.gif

I'm going based off what PLAYERS who played with and against Kobe. I'm going with Staffs that worked with and against Kobe.

It's not like i'm pulling this out of my butt.
laugh.gif
 Fall back cool guy! Didn't I write the words "I" and "think" and "believe"? Yeeeaahhhh... that kind of means that it's my opinion.  

*EDIT: I can't believe I just responded to a n00b.... .. ... and here comes the tired "i'm not a n00b, i been lurking since 01"

doesn't tnt have a segment sponsored by bacardi now???

chuck had to be sipping a lil something something

i'll say kobe is the 2nd greatest SG of all time

but if I were starting a team, i would go with these guys over kobe:
jordan
magic
duncan
bird
hakeem

- MAYBE shaq (only because when dude actually tried, he was unstoppable.. problem is he had no real reason to try)
- can't forget how much of a pain kobe was the first half of his career (kobe homers, go check phil's book)

I can't judge guys like wilt, russel or oscar because I didn't see them play.. plus I have no clue whether they would be able to succeed irregardless of era

doesn't tnt have a segment sponsored by bacardi now???

chuck had to be sipping a lil something something

i'll say kobe is the 2nd greatest SG of all time

but if I were starting a team, i would go with these guys over kobe:
jordan
magic
duncan
bird
hakeem

- MAYBE shaq (only because when dude actually tried, he was unstoppable.. problem is he had no real reason to try)
- can't forget how much of a pain kobe was the first half of his career (kobe homers, go check phil's book)

I can't judge guys like wilt, russel or oscar because I didn't see them play.. plus I have no clue whether they would be able to succeed irregardless of era

laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

wink.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

wink.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

wink.gif

nerd.gif
yeah, what does being a white guy have to do with it? besides you must not realize, it depends on the team you play on. not every player is as talented as the other team. the lakers had more talened players than the jazz. other than stockton, hornacek and malone, can you name any other great player from the jazz that had an impact? for the lakers you had magic, kareem, worthy, scott, wilkes,mcadoo, cooper. there were so many great players in this league, it doesnt depend on individual talent if you make it to the finals, both jordan and magic had a lot help, that the jazz didnt have

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

wink.gif

nerd.gif
yeah, what does being a white guy have to do with it? besides you must not realize, it depends on the team you play on. not every player is as talented as the other team. the lakers had more talened players than the jazz. other than stockton, hornacek and malone, can you name any other great player from the jazz that had an impact? for the lakers you had magic, kareem, worthy, scott, wilkes,mcadoo, cooper. there were so many great players in this league, it doesnt depend on individual talent if you make it to the finals, both jordan and magic had a lot help, that the jazz didnt have

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Kobe will never get the respect he deserves. Still way too many haters out there and MJ D-Riders that feel they need to bash anything Kobe does just for the simple fact that Kobe gets comparisons to MJ.

When it's all said and done, things will be different.

Everyone knows the deal. Kobe threads always pop up, haters come out in full force, around June when the Lakers win the title they're no where to be found until the next season starts.

Magic said Kobe was the greatest Laker of all time, I even quoted it, posted it, yet people try and ignore it and still dispute how Magic is better when the words came out of the mans own mouth.

The Kobe hate is disgusting
sick.gif

Dudes better just PRAY, seriously pray that Kobe doesn't go for number 6 this year and prove all the doubters wrong, once again. Especially after some of the outlandish comments and hate i've read in this thread.
Why don't you have a Kobe avy & signature though?

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Kobe will never get the respect he deserves. Still way too many haters out there and MJ D-Riders that feel they need to bash anything Kobe does just for the simple fact that Kobe gets comparisons to MJ.

When it's all said and done, things will be different.

Everyone knows the deal. Kobe threads always pop up, haters come out in full force, around June when the Lakers win the title they're no where to be found until the next season starts.

Magic said Kobe was the greatest Laker of all time, I even quoted it, posted it, yet people try and ignore it and still dispute how Magic is better when the words came out of the mans own mouth.

The Kobe hate is disgusting
sick.gif

Dudes better just PRAY, seriously pray that Kobe doesn't go for number 6 this year and prove all the doubters wrong, once again. Especially after some of the outlandish comments and hate i've read in this thread.
Why don't you have a Kobe avy & signature though?

Magic himself said Kobe is better than him. That's gotta be worth something right?
ohwell.gif

I will take his opinion over any of you guys in here.

I mean, there are some idiots in here claiming Kobe only has 2 rings. Fools I tell ya!
30t6p3b.gif

Hate the man all you want but respect the game.

Magic himself said Kobe is better than him. That's gotta be worth something right?
ohwell.gif

I will take his opinion over any of you guys in here.

I mean, there are some idiots in here claiming Kobe only has 2 rings. Fools I tell ya!
30t6p3b.gif

Hate the man all you want but respect the game.

Back
Top Bottom