delete

Pip was the prototype for a lot of today's players. a 6'7" forward that could guard all spots, very well and a pass first type player. One could say Lebron's game is based on his. and i hate Lebron so it's taking a lot to admit this. Scottie might not have ever been the best player on the court at any given time, but he was a proven winner. I'd take that on my team any day.

Pip was the prototype for a lot of today's players. a 6'7" forward that could guard all spots, very well and a pass first type player. One could say Lebron's game is based on his. and i hate Lebron so it's taking a lot to admit this. Scottie might not have ever been the best player on the court at any given time, but he was a proven winner. I'd take that on my team any day.

Iguodala is a great comparison to Pippen (Not skill for skill just style)... Iguodala would be a great 2nd option for a team making a playoff run with a star player. He's a good 2nd option, I always saw that at him being at his best.

Iguodala is a great comparison to Pippen (Not skill for skill just style)... Iguodala would be a great 2nd option for a team making a playoff run with a star player. He's a good 2nd option, I always saw that at him being at his best.

so if bron never wins a ring is he better then bird and pippen? cause IMO he will get the karl Malone and CB treatment. you can make a easy case that CB and Malone are better then Tim duncan at the PF spot but he has rings and has passed them over cause of it.

so if bron never wins a ring is he better then bird and pippen? cause IMO he will get the karl Malone and CB treatment. you can make a easy case that CB and Malone are better then Tim duncan at the PF spot but he has rings and has passed them over cause of it.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

lol at comparing iggy with scottie.. his offense is no where near scottie's.

I wouldn't say no where near. Both aren't reliable jump shooters, who are very athletic, and get to the cup. Neither are extremely great at creating for themselves. Pippen was solid but it definitely wasn't his strength.

So the Iggy/Pippen comparisons probably are stupid to you only because of the romanticism of the older generations compared to now. And also who Pippen rolled with.

If the two were just silhouettes playing basketball vs. 9 full colored NBA players, I am sure you wouldn't think it is as dumb as you claim it is.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

lol at comparing iggy with scottie.. his offense is no where near scottie's.

I wouldn't say no where near. Both aren't reliable jump shooters, who are very athletic, and get to the cup. Neither are extremely great at creating for themselves. Pippen was solid but it definitely wasn't his strength.

So the Iggy/Pippen comparisons probably are stupid to you only because of the romanticism of the older generations compared to now. And also who Pippen rolled with.

If the two were just silhouettes playing basketball vs. 9 full colored NBA players, I am sure you wouldn't think it is as dumb as you claim it is.

a very good read. sorry if posted...

So my dad and I had dinner last night with former Bulls assistant coach Johnny Bach.  86 years old.  Sharp as a nail. Definitely one of the coolest experiences.  This guy’s knowledge about basketball and everything else is insane. Completely old school.  So instead of trying to remember stories to tell all of you, I figured I’d put it in an email – that way not to forget and get into very good detail. 

Johnny Bach personal file – Has been married 3 times.  He has 5 sons with his first wife.  Once the kids were all out of the house they didn’t get along.  He was married to a flight attendant for a short time but then realized all he was doing was taking care of her kids while she was flying around the world.  That ended quickly.  Now, he is married to a woman 31 years younger.  She is the top medical malpractice lawyer for Clifford, a top Law firm in Chicago.  Both divorces took him for pretty much all he was worth.  Needless to say, big Lar picked up the tab. 

He was in the navy and served with many Marines in WW2.  He had a twin brother that was killed at age 19 in the war…lost at sea.  Loved that big Lar was a marine.  Lots of crazy stories about that.  He coached with or against just about every legend in coaching history.  He got out of the college game because he hated the blatant cheating that went on.  Frank Maquire even told him one time he would never accept a job unless he knew he had $200,000 in cash for him to available at all times. 

He grew up in Brooklyn, playing against the Brooklyn Rens while growing up.  An all black team from Harlem.  He was one of the only white guys that would play against them.  Kareem Abdul Jabbar is writing a book on the Rens.  Johnny had a picture of the team that Kareem did not have.  Kareem really appreciated this and has become great friends with Johnny, even though he wouldn’t give Johnny the time of day when Johnny tried to recruit him to Fordham vs. UCLA.  He also now paints in his spare time and is evidently very good.  He paints pictures for fallen marines’ families at the request of a medal of honor winner that he is friends with. 

Here’s some Johnny Bach stories: He coached with the Bulls for the first three titles before he had a disagreement.   After the third championship the Bulls had one more season in the Stadium before moving to the UC.  Krause told Johnny, Tex, and Jim Clemons that the three of them would all get extensions before the team went to the new stadium for the 94-95 season.  After the Bulls lost to the Knicks in 94, the Hue Hollins game as Johnny referred to it.  There was a meeting 10 days after the season.  All the coaches and management were in the room.  Krause wanted to trade Scottie Pippen.  He said he quit on the team and they didn’t want him around anymore.  Johnny was the supreme voice against trading Scottie.  He said he made a mistake, we all make mistakes.  Krause wanted to put it to a vote – trading Pippen.  Johnny called out everyone in the room saying, “if this needs to be put to a vote you’re all idiots.

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

LeBron is better than Scottie Pippen and Larry Legend though, in my humble opinion...

I Just think LBJ was lucky enough to Pippen's game tapes.. If Pippen could have studied under Pippen, It would be insane... if that makes sense. Thats the same logic that comes to mind with the Dr. J/Jordan comparisons IMO. The NBA just was not ready for MJ. Likewise, outside of Kobe and flashes of D Wade's/ career, nobody in the NBA is even almost where LBJ is trying to take it. Lebron is like 40 acres and a mule personified. I don't even like the guy
laugh.gif
. But dude is a cocktail of superior genetics AND he had the luxury watching The Bulls. Showtime Lakers, and Boston Celts coming up....oh, and playing LIVE/2K all his life. How valuable is that last factor? You know he did. We all did. And all of us feel like armchair GMs and coaches too. Imagine what all he gained from playing video games...  I mean....just think about it..

a very good read. sorry if posted...

So my dad and I had dinner last night with former Bulls assistant coach Johnny Bach.  86 years old.  Sharp as a nail. Definitely one of the coolest experiences.  This guy’s knowledge about basketball and everything else is insane. Completely old school.  So instead of trying to remember stories to tell all of you, I figured I’d put it in an email – that way not to forget and get into very good detail. 

Johnny Bach personal file – Has been married 3 times.  He has 5 sons with his first wife.  Once the kids were all out of the house they didn’t get along.  He was married to a flight attendant for a short time but then realized all he was doing was taking care of her kids while she was flying around the world.  That ended quickly.  Now, he is married to a woman 31 years younger.  She is the top medical malpractice lawyer for Clifford, a top Law firm in Chicago.  Both divorces took him for pretty much all he was worth.  Needless to say, big Lar picked up the tab. 

He was in the navy and served with many Marines in WW2.  He had a twin brother that was killed at age 19 in the war…lost at sea.  Loved that big Lar was a marine.  Lots of crazy stories about that.  He coached with or against just about every legend in coaching history.  He got out of the college game because he hated the blatant cheating that went on.  Frank Maquire even told him one time he would never accept a job unless he knew he had $200,000 in cash for him to available at all times. 

He grew up in Brooklyn, playing against the Brooklyn Rens while growing up.  An all black team from Harlem.  He was one of the only white guys that would play against them.  Kareem Abdul Jabbar is writing a book on the Rens.  Johnny had a picture of the team that Kareem did not have.  Kareem really appreciated this and has become great friends with Johnny, even though he wouldn’t give Johnny the time of day when Johnny tried to recruit him to Fordham vs. UCLA.  He also now paints in his spare time and is evidently very good.  He paints pictures for fallen marines’ families at the request of a medal of honor winner that he is friends with. 

Here’s some Johnny Bach stories: He coached with the Bulls for the first three titles before he had a disagreement.   After the third championship the Bulls had one more season in the Stadium before moving to the UC.  Krause told Johnny, Tex, and Jim Clemons that the three of them would all get extensions before the team went to the new stadium for the 94-95 season.  After the Bulls lost to the Knicks in 94, the Hue Hollins game as Johnny referred to it.  There was a meeting 10 days after the season.  All the coaches and management were in the room.  Krause wanted to trade Scottie Pippen.  He said he quit on the team and they didn’t want him around anymore.  Johnny was the supreme voice against trading Scottie.  He said he made a mistake, we all make mistakes.  Krause wanted to put it to a vote – trading Pippen.  Johnny called out everyone in the room saying, “if this needs to be put to a vote you’re all idiots.

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

LeBron is better than Scottie Pippen and Larry Legend though, in my humble opinion...

I Just think LBJ was lucky enough to Pippen's game tapes.. If Pippen could have studied under Pippen, It would be insane... if that makes sense. Thats the same logic that comes to mind with the Dr. J/Jordan comparisons IMO. The NBA just was not ready for MJ. Likewise, outside of Kobe and flashes of D Wade's/ career, nobody in the NBA is even almost where LBJ is trying to take it. Lebron is like 40 acres and a mule personified. I don't even like the guy
laugh.gif
. But dude is a cocktail of superior genetics AND he had the luxury watching The Bulls. Showtime Lakers, and Boston Celts coming up....oh, and playing LIVE/2K all his life. How valuable is that last factor? You know he did. We all did. And all of us feel like armchair GMs and coaches too. Imagine what all he gained from playing video games...  I mean....just think about it..

tory #1 – The day before game 4 of the Bulls Suns finals with the Bulls leading the series 2-1. Michael and Charles Barkley went golfing. They played 48 holes of golf. And Michael bought Charles a $20,000 diamond earring. Johnny asked MJ, “what did you do all that for?

tory #1 – The day before game 4 of the Bulls Suns finals with the Bulls leading the series 2-1. Michael and Charles Barkley went golfing. They played 48 holes of golf. And Michael bought Charles a $20,000 diamond earring. Johnny asked MJ, “what did you do all that for?

Someone explain to me all the "He was a good player but could have never done it without Jordan" and how that's any different than LeBron needing Wade?

Someone explain to me all the "He was a good player but could have never done it without Jordan" and how that's any different than LeBron needing Wade?

Back
Top Bottom