Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know NT is convinced that it isn't because of low tops, but I landed on someone's foot wearing low tops and hightops. It's true that it is unavoidable, but in high tops I un tied and re tied my shoes tighter and kept playing and just had a sore ankle the next two weeks. With Low tops I had to go to the ER and get X -rays and didn't recover for 3 months. I can almost guarantee his injury wouldn't have been that bad if he had the kobe 2's on. That heel cup in the back of his shoe helps a little bit...

would be interested to see nash run the offense :nerd:

there should be absolutely no reason mwp gets more shot than dwight :x

if kobe is out thats just what we will see.

nothing but nash setting up artest and dwight

dwight missing more than half his free throws not a good look and the more he gets fouled more chances that shoulder gets hurt some more.

artest is not a good look period.

Jones had dirty intentions, it's got nothing to do with the league being soft. The play itself could've been dismissed as two players going hard with the game on the line and Kobe just landing the wrong way in the heat of the moment... but with Dahntay Jones, fans should know by now what was on his mind

On the play itself, he didn't sweep out the leg or anything but walking underneath a player like that is considered dangerous and dirty

Normally a player would get the benefit of the doubt cause it's with the game on the line and he should be expected to play "hard D"

But this is the same dude who deliberately tripped Kobe, pushed Kobe into the back and into the stanchion on a drive then clapped in his face in 09

Anyway, there was this after all that:

Last edited:
Kobe in the extended interview with Mike Wilbon didn't divulge what he was going to do after he retires. He's keeping it secret.

What do y'all think? With all these Kobe pictures looking like a sideline coach, I think he'd be great. I don't doubt he'd want to coach at all.

Def don't think he wants to pull a Jordan, disappear from the spot light and be behind the scenes.

Also, this irks me:

Bryant suffered what the Lakers are calling a severely sprained ankle in the final seconds and is out indefinitely. He later suggested the Hawks' Dahntay Jones, whose foot he landed on, causing the injury, should've done more to get out of the way after his shot. Really? He's not going to get much sympathy from the Hawks. With Teague (ankle) and Smith (knee) out of the lineup, joining Zaza Pachulia and Lou Williams, even the most optimistic of athletes like Horford figured to have some doubts about how this night would unfold. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Horrible journalism. Instead of acknowleding that Jones committed an act that would be considered slightly dirty at the very least, they go for the "he shouldn't have been underneath Kobe, because that's what KOBE DEMANDS" angle? And the "we got 4 players injured too" angle? None of the Lakers walked up under Zaza, Lou, Teague, or Smith and caused them to miss these games...

/rant

Kobe in the extended interview with Mike Wilbon didn't divulge what he was going to do after he retires. He's keeping it secret.

What do y'all think? With all these Kobe pictures looking like a sideline coach, I think he'd be great. I don't doubt he'd want to coach at all.

Def don't think he wants to pull a Jordan, disappear from the spot light and be behind the scenes.
“@M3XRFW @kobebryant Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” Hmm..running the kobe brand and an ad agency

Hmmm, I guess that's cool. If someone like Magic Johnson can make hundreds of millions of dollars Kobe can run successful businesses as well, so sounds about right.

I'd love to see him coach tho.

I don't know if anyone out there feels the same way as me.

I feel speechless. Like, I really don't even know what to say right now. The fact that we were playing so well finally, combined by the horrible effort against NBDL quality players yesterday, combined with losing the game...knowing that even though it was a horrible effort we should of still won, combined with Kobe's ankle being crushed on literally the last play of the game that we should of win...Combined with the fact that were at a stage in the season where we can't afford to lose any games, especially to bad teams...and we might not have our best player for who knows how long? Combined with Pau possibly coming back...but will it even matter if Kobe's out?...combined with Metta playing like absolute garbage...combined with the uncertainty of if Dwight will step up and play like a #1 option for however long Kobe's out, especially since he's cried so long about touches...

I just don't know guys. Like, roller coaster of a season is an understatement.
My head is spinning.
I don't know what the **** is about to happen.
I don't know what to post.
I don't have any jokes, I don't have any criticisms, I don't have any suggestions...because for the first time all season i literally have NO CLUE what our team is going to look like or do.

I really don't know what's going to happen with this team guys.

I guess ill just have to wait and see. I'm not joking when I say I really don't know what else to say at this point until things clear up :smh:

*sigh*

I'm infuriated not at the bad luck... but the fact that the latest thing occured because of Dahntay Jones' pride, ego, dirtiness, lowlifeness

I am interested to see the Nash-Dwight team

This play reminds me of what Bruce Bowen used to do almost every time he faced a great shooter.
KG has done this as well.
Dirty play for sure.

I wish Kobe a quick recovery.

Superman,( D.Howard) where are you ? :nerd:

I dont see how people not see this as dirty. I understand people saying he didnt try to hurt him which may be the case but when u slide up under someone in the air its dangerous. What happened to jumping contesting the jumpshot?

damn smh

Hes not playing tomorrow forsure.
That bad boy is SWOLLEN.
Get beat tomorrow.
And recover against the next 3 teams

Ska needs to come in here and clean this mess up. These dudes coming into our thread causing problems when they should be in the NBA thread.

Anyways, I don't how anyone can contest that this isn't a defensive foul:

I'm trying to forget that game last night, not so much for the loss, but because the injury came at a very unfortunate time and how it happened. :smh: He didn't even try to jump to contest the shot, all he did was step underneath Kobe's feet, and you can clearly see him plant his right foot under. Get's me heated everytime I think about it.

The more I think about that Asian lady that Kobe had a round for his giant wrist, she will do her Asian medicine stuff on his ankle too so he'll be fine

Props to Mamba for taking this in stride, dudes got bigger fish to fry

looking good with your laker fan internship :nerd: :lol:

Maybe once he's been offered a position in the nation he'll be asked to get a new username :nerd:
no dice. Sacramento and the RCK is where I'm from. I ain't changing that. Plus the SN was never meant to be associated with the Kings :lol:

Back
Top Bottom