Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[quote name="PMatic"]Hey ska, I was reading Roland Lazenby's book on the Lakers earlier today. Apparently the Lakers could have dealt Nick Van Exel for Jason Kidd back in the day. Del
Harris stopped it for some reason. I'd thought you'd like to know that tidbit. :lol:[/quote]Man, what? :smh: I mean, after we grabbed Shaq? I don't even want to think about what we would have done with a core of Kidd/Kobe/Shaq. I know it's hard to fathom doing better than 4 Finals appearances and three rings, but... Yeah.

Christie became a Laker? Srs?

Yup

His first year in the league 93-94:

Last edited:
I suspect Pau's trade value isn't that high low.
No kidding.

You must be forgetting how valuable able a $19 million expiring contract is attractive to small market teams.When Pau got traded to us in 2008 Memphis was looking for and got in that trade was cap space.

Also even if Houston wanted to and was willing to unload young talent like Parsons and other players it would take seriously like 4 or 5 players to even match Pau's contract to make the trade meet the CBA rules for the trade to get approved.
Houston has carved out a lot cap space this summer (almost enough to offer the max), so they could absorb Pau's contract while only giving up two or three cheap players (Delfino, Beverley and Jones in my proposed trade).

You know what, CP? Your Kidd disrespect is about to set me off. Real Talk. :lol:

Remember that time Nick Van Exel led his team to playoff success?

please tell me about it. :D

You placing Jason below Nick is like dude that had Kobe below TP & Clyde. Like, for real? :lol:

Last edited:
U guys think Mayo is gunna opt out and leave Dallas?

Is there anyway we could sign him for depth next year?

You know what, CP? Your Kidd disrespect is about to set me off. Real Talk. :lol:

Remember that time Nick Van Exel led his team to playoff success?

please tell me about it. :D

You placing Jason below Nick is like dude that had Kobe below TP & Clyde. Like, for real? :lol:

I remember Nick TORCHING the 57(???) win Gary Payton Sonics and then taking on the Admiral and getting 2 games without much help. The guy was an animal.

One move I always hated was us giving up on Nick. He was too hotheaded, but Phil could have fixed him. :smh:

I remember Nick TORCHING the 57(???) win Gary Payton Sonics and then taking on the Admiral and getting 2 games without much help. The guy was an animal.

One move I always hated was us giving up on Nick. He was too hotheaded, but Phil could have fixed him. :smh:

That game 5 where can exel hit the game winner to stave off elimination against San Antonio, Man they shoulda won game 2 of that series. That and them winning 3 straight against Seattle after getting spanked in game 1. I remember that season like yesterday. Doug Christie and Tony Smith doing their 8 and 34 thing. That 95 team is one of my favorite laker teams. They swept the champion rockets in the reg season, took 4 of 5 against Seattle in the reg season, van exels game winners against Boston, and Cleveland. Damn straight nostalgic for me.

Hell I was even a member of the future lakers club that year for any older heads that remember that. $15 got you a shirt, 2 free tickets to a game and an invite to a lakers practice. Those were the days.

^
Exactly. But, would you have traded that Nick, for mid 90's ason Kidd?

I would not.

Overall career? Sure, Kidd. In the mid 90's, no.

Kidd back then would have been sufficient and then he would have had his 00s revelation. Who else could we have realistically gotten that would have been better at that point?

Last edited:
^ Exactly. [quote name="CP"]Overall career? Sure, Kidd. In the mid 90's, no.[/quote] Hmmmmm... I'll buy that.

Classic interview with Chick Hearn a day after the Lakers beat the Blazers in Game 7 Of the 2000 WCF:

Man time fly's so fast.

For the younger Laker fans on here who didn't get a chance to experience Chick calling games.The guy was such a class act and he is a LEGEND for so many reasons.

That's why he has a statue right outside Staples Center and a street named after him.

:pimp:

Last edited:
Man talking about those early 90s teams bring back so much memories. Was a poor kid then watching the games in my black and white tv with the screen the size of a smart phone :lol: it was one of those old school half radio half tv thingies. James Worthy coming off the bench, elden Campbell shutting down Barkley, and me thinking Anthony peeler would be a lefty version of MJ then :lol: . Remember how Doug Christie was supposed to be the pg of the future?

[quote name="PMatic"]Hey ska, I was reading Roland Lazenby's book on the Lakers earlier today. Apparently the Lakers could have dealt Nick Van Exel for Jason Kidd back in the day. Del
Harris stopped it for some reason. I'd thought you'd like to know that tidbit. :lol:
Man, what? :smh: I mean, after we grabbed Shaq? I don't even want to think about what we would have done with a core of Kidd/Kobe/Shaq. I know it's hard to fathom doing better than 4 Finals appearances and three rings, but... Yeah.[/quote]
Re-reading the book, it was during the 1996-97 season so the first season with Shaq and Kobe.

Here's the paragraph from the book:
That season, the Dallas Mavericks had sought to trade point guard Jason Kidd for Van Exel, but it was Harris who didn't want to make the trade because he didn't think Kidd could shoot nearly as well as Van Exel. Later, the failure to make the deal would leave some Lakers insiders shaking their heads.

Then there were the popular Eddie Jones for Mitch Richmond rumors in 1997-98.
Probably the most accurate assessment of Kobe Bryant's second NBA season could have been measured in Jerry West's stomach acid. Earlier in the campaign the team's guardian had negotiated to trade Eddie Jones to the Sacramento Kings for Mitch Richmond, a powerful two guard with a polished veteran game, the idea being that Richarmond provided just the type of tough leadership and scoring that the young club needed. But Jerry Buss nixed the deal, pointing out that Richmond would soon by 34 and needing an expensive new contract.
Richmond was actually going on 32 that season. Boy, that could have been a disaster given how shot Richmond's knees would be in 2000.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom