Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is very sarcastic by nature.

CP, I don't believe that door is closed. Not at all.

I wish like hell you were right, you know I do, but why?

Why pay him 13 mil to coach Kobe, Nash final years, then start all over with Dwight + ????

What is the gain? For either side. Jim look quadruple stupid, Phil goes thru whatever next year is, then a rebuild. Why?

To me, for those reasons, door closed.

OKC lookin like they will make it 8-0 for the home teams.

It ain't just us. Regroup, go after game 2. At that point, 3 of the next 4 games would be in LA. That's how OKC stole the series last year.

Still a series, we've been down a game before and come back, need to do it again.

lakers missed a lot of shots that should of been good. regroup and on to game 2.

LETS GO!

lakers missed a lot of shots that should of been good. regroup and on to game 2.

LETS GO!

Yeah, I liked the shots they got this game. They just didn't fall. I don't know if it's rustiness, or just lack of confidence, but if they can knock it down, I'm feeling good about game 2.

Gotta limit the damn turnovers, though. That is on D'Antoni. Lack of a true offensive system leads to turnovers, and with the age of this roster, that's almost an automatic two points or foul.

Does anyone know how many turnovers the Suns team of past had?

Yeah, I liked the shots they got this game. They just didn't fall. I don't know if it's rustiness, or just lack of confidence, but if they can knock it down, I'm feeling good about game 2.

Gotta limit the damn turnovers, though. That is on D'Antoni. Lack of a true offensive system leads to turnovers, and with the age of this roster, that's almost an automatic two points or foul.

A LOT. lol

A LOT. lol

Turnovers Per Game (per Basketball-Reference)

2004-2005 Regular Season: 13.72 per game

2005-2006 Regular Season: 13.27 per game

2006-2007 Regular Season: 14.5 per game

2007-2008 Regular Season: 14.44 per game

All of those numbers would have ranked their teams in the bottom half of the league (comparing to this year).

Lakers averaged 15.0 turnovers per game this year.

Last edited:
If anyone's bored, how many TOs have the Spurs had the least 10 years, the Lakers, and Kidd's teams.

Just curious. Working, so I cant do it myself.

Yeah, if we're going to move forward as a Dwight/Pau team... and I say with the understanding that Kobe is only temporarily out, but also with the understanding that his career is winding down, obviously... then we need to create the kind of dynamic the Spurs used in 99 and 03: twin towers surrounded by shooters. David Robinson and Timmy D inside, shooters outside, and Avery Johnson and then Tony Parker 'quarterbacking' everything. keeping everyone involved, hitting who's hot, helping whoever's cold get hot, etc.

Pau/Dwight inside, shooters outside, Nash directing traffic. Major difference between what they did and what we would do is that, when he's back, we also have one of the most exciting, capable scorers in league history.

That obviously won't get established by game 2, or even in this series, but that's the direction I'd like to see us move in.

Yeah, if we're going to move forward as a Dwight/Pau team... and I say with the understanding that Kobe is only temporarily out, but also with the understanding that his career is winding down, obviously... then we need to create the kind of dynamic the Spurs used in 99 and 03: twin towers surrounded by shooters. David Robinson and Timmy D inside, shooters outside, and Avery Johnson and then Tony Parker 'quarterbacking' everything. keeping everyone involved, hitting who's hot, helping whoever's cold get hot, etc.

Pau/Dwight inside, shooters outside, Nash directing traffic. Major difference between what they did and what we would do is that, when he's back, we also have one of the most exciting, capable scorers in league history.

That obviously won't get established by game 2, or even in this series, but that's the direction I'd like to see us move in.
qft
Pau&Dwight could be better than Marc&Zach R.
I dont think Dantoni would be a good coach for an offensive system like that one.

Sounds like you're moving toward the Dorell Wright bandwagon.

No.

What Ska is saying is that he wants Leandro Barbosa.

Eh...

Dorell Wright >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Unless he's advocating Leandro to come in for vet min.. And go after Wright, I'm not opposed...

I'm on the get rid of Blake trade.. Yes, he can knock down a 3. But he can't run an offense, have to find a backup PG who can run an offense. I don't think Barbosa can do that either, but would be nice to be over secure at positions.

Last edited:
I fail to see the Spurs shooting under 40% again. I just can't see it happening.

Like Kobe said the game has " steal " written all over it.

Dwight Howard: 17.1 ppg, 12.4 rbs, 1.4 asts, 2.4 blocks, 1.1 steals averaged per game. 

In an "off" year. 
roll.gif

Give him a summer to work out, get his body right. Maybe develop a few more post moves, and man we got a guy that puts in work on the court.

I put a key word in there.. maybe.

Even if hes the same but has a summer to work out and build muscle again. Ill take it.

The league is different now, the whole twin towers concept doesn't work anymore well at least with a coach who is too stupid to use it the right way. Pau's gone this summer anyway. Need Nash to hit some open shots in Game 2 and we'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom