Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somebody needs disconnect Kobe's internet service. Son is addicted to twitter.
laugh.gif
not really, you should see phil jackson

dude was tweeting like crazy during the ncaa championship game

Last edited:
I liked Simmons mentioning Dwight with a low impact game. 20 and 15 on 8 of 12 shooting.

Duncan 17-10 on 6 of 15 and he's being praised like he's prime Kareem. :lol:

He got the W, that's how it is.

CP, on Phil - I'd say he clearly has the itch again. D'Antoni is getting hammered left and right and Kobe/Phil relationship doesn't seem to be over. I think it will be telling about Jim Buss with what he does - he stands by D'Antoni and doesn't give the people what they want (or ATTEMPT it) that'd be a red-flag for me and the guy might be a little off and hell bent on proving his way works twice over. But a bigger Part of me thinks there's some sense to him from a PR perspective and he caves.

I'm just not sure D'Antoni can return - you guys love Phil and I get that totally, I would too. But it's just an overbearing amount of love that with his shadow lurking, D'Antoni will get killed again next year w/o Kobe around and a team still not built to his strengths. I think a lot of D'Antoni hate just simply stems from seemingly passing on Phil, not totally his coaching ability. With Mike Brown it was just, this guy is a doofus..please leave - Phil's shadow wasn't there..he had to fill his shoes - but the door did appear closed on Phil coaching at that point 100% and there was a bit of closure. Doesn't seem that way anymore - be it LAL, LAC, Brooklyn, Seattle, etc. Some of you guys would REALLY be upset if he's on the sidelines somewhere else.

It's not a logical fit. Old team, Kobe moving out - but 2014 has promise to go with Dwight - not an awful spot. The money I get, but you're a franchise that shells out hundreds of millions on payroll..tacking on what essentially would be another 10million a year for a guy more valuable than most players - is that much of a burden? (for some owners it obviously is, but I never get that anyway. Gladly pay some bum 5 mill a year but proven coaches asking for anything more than that and there's a line in the sand.)

Dwight was getting outhustled by Timmy tho

Entire team was getting out hustled. Spurs got a lot of offensive rebounds and converted them for second chance points. I remember being down 4 a couple times yesterday and Spurs would miss a shot but got back another possession. At the same time, the ball just bounced to a spurs player. Sucks, but onto the next one.

Limit turnovers, out hustle the Spurs, inside out, and hit some perimeter shots.

Meeks was a big disappointment. Dude can't hit a shot at all. I'm not sure what happened with Earl either. Dude disappeared the last month of the season.

Spurs knows that LA will try to use Pau/D12 in the post more next game and they will adjust defensively and that's what great coaches/teams do.

On the other side, Antoni will probably make NO adjustments at all :rolleyes

Once Spurs make their 3s then yea.. i dont even..

CP, on Phil - I'd say he clearly has the itch again. D'Antoni is getting hammered left and right and Kobe/Phil relationship doesn't seem to be over. I think it will be telling about Jim Buss with what he does - he stands by D'Antoni and doesn't give the people what they want (or ATTEMPT it) that'd be a red-flag for me and the guy might be a little off and hell bent on proving his way works twice over. But a bigger Part of me thinks there's some sense to him from a PR perspective and he caves.

I'm just not sure D'Antoni can return - you guys love Phil and I get that totally, I would too. But it's just an overbearing amount of love that with his shadow lurking, D'Antoni will get killed again next year w/o Kobe around and a team still not built to his strengths. I think a lot of D'Antoni hate just simply stems from seemingly passing on Phil, not totally his coaching ability. With Mike Brown it was just, this guy is a doofus..please leave - Phil's shadow wasn't there..he had to fill his shoes - but the door did appear closed on Phil coaching at that point 100% and there was a bit of closure. Doesn't seem that way anymore - be it LAL, LAC, Brooklyn, Seattle, etc. Some of you guys would REALLY be upset if he's on the sidelines somewhere else.

It's not a logical fit. Old team, Kobe moving out - but 2014 has promise to go with Dwight - not an awful spot. The money I get, but you're a franchise that shells out hundreds of millions on payroll..tacking on what essentially would be another 10million a year for a guy more valuable than most players - is that much of a burden? (for some owners it obviously is, but I never get that anyway. Gladly pay some bum 5 mill a year but proven coaches asking for anything more than that and there's a line in the sand.)

Absolutely. I'm first on that list.

Dwight was outPLAYED by Timmy. Dwight had a nice game, but his lack of an offensive repertoire... hurts. :\

Limited moves + limited passing ability relegates him to lobs from Pau/Kobe, putbacks, and working his tail off for a 3 rebound/2 point 'cleanup duty' assignment.

I REALLY hope Earl Clark show up tho..

gotta give props to Blake and his defense on Parker too. Beautiful to watch. Even hit him with a lil crossover then J, he missed but that's what makes him Steve Blake :lol:

I REALLY hope Earl Clark show up tho..

gotta give props to Blake and his defense on Parker too. Beautiful to watch. Even hit him with a lil crossover then J, he missed but that's what makes him Steve Blake :lol:

He actually made it to cut it to a 6pt lead. You talking about the baseline cross right?

Yea man. Nah didn't went it cause i was like Yup thats difference between him and Parker and i even tweeted about it :lol:

He got him twice, one was a straight up crossover where he missed the jumper and the other was that dribble-drive, stop on a dime with a behind the back dribble and the jumper was WET on that one

He got him twice, one was a straight up crossover where he missed the jumper and the other was that dribble-drive, stop on a dime with a behind the back dribble and the jumper was WET on that one

Correct. I was talking about the straight up cross. Almost forgot the other one..yea that was filthy un-steve blake like type of move :lol:

Last edited:
Allen, I hear ya, but we been thru it twice now. 05 and 2012. Replacing Phil is not possible, so caving, getting Phil again, then going 3-4-5 more years, then have to go thru that "without Phil" phase allllll over again afterwards..... :lol: I don't see it. Some day, in this lifetime, we have to move on from Phil.

What we really NEED to do, is get a guy that will handle/get/teach Dwight properly. LONG TERM. That coach is what we need. Not 3-4 years of Phil hemming and hawwing after every season about coming back. I love Phil, but we have got to build going forward, that starts with Dwight and then whatever piece we pull as well.

We need a Thibbs type younger guy to come in. Monty Williams has been on my radar, love the way his teams compete, he just needs better talent on his roster.

Forget the coach idea... It won't happen, even if we want it to..

I just want Ramon back as our backup.. Dorell Wright as the starting SF.. And try to pick up that one guy who isn't quite yet declining, but waited to long to sign a deal and goes for vet min (i.e. Barbosa).. They would replace Blake & Jamison (nothing against them, but for Blake we need someone who can run an offense, and Jamison is too old..) Other than that keep the roster as is...

Now Let's move back to the series.. Take Game 2, and then we have control of the series.

Last edited:
Yeah I was hoping we would keep Sessions but he wanted to go to Charlotte and be the man.

I'm mad at how well he would work with this team looking back... Not as a starter. I've given up on that.

But he runs the P&R beautifully, can get to the hoop, and draws fouls as much as the elite PGs...

Blake has been great.. He's helped to give us the final push in the playoffs.. But we need a PG who can keep the offense from getting stagnant when Nash is sitting or is injured.. Blake is a shooter, not a distributor.. If Blake was a bit taller, and more muscle, we'd have a backup SG.. But that's not the case.

But I think getting a Sessions or a Sessions like player and Wright we'd be a younger, more athletic, and deeper team..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom