Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He'd have to sign for cheap and wouldn't play much with Crawford, Butler and Barnes already there..

Also considering Pau is good as gone.. And will likely be a huge salary dump, expect both of them to be back.

MWP's salary will probably be a little north of $4mil.. Clark maybe $4mil (That's stretching it by A LOT)... $8mil total is only $270K more than MWP was going to get.

In my summation: Duhon, Ebanks, Gasol will get the axe... Blake will be next.. Followed by MWP (who I think is extremely likely to stay) then Clark (only way he goes is if a team goes nuts, and gives him a lot of money, and if they do... GOOD LOOK WITH THAT).

Barnes a UFA, LO and Billups as well so I wouldn't be shocked if he went next door.

What I'm saying is 8mil for Ron and Earl isn't worth it. Bringing both of them back for that kinda money would be a wash when we'll still need to get younger at 1-3

If we gonna spend 8mil I'd rather spend that on Earl and a scorer for the oak like a Bayless

We got $3.5mil... You keep both of them... Then use your $3.5mil on a need.

Getting rid of either creates a new hole that you can't plug.

Again there is something called a salary cap. A luxury tax. Most he could sign with the clippers is $3.5mil. And neither Billups nor Lamar play his position... Barnes isn't getting more than vet min. He'll always be that. So he'll be back with the Clippers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call a triple double overrated now that's a bit extreme :lol:

But it doesn't matter when u yourself give up 40-50 pts on the other end b/c u can't guard the 2nd slowest player in the gym or the pick and roll.

Pop sonned Pau. When he was guarding Duncan, Tim got the rock and went to work. When MDA switched Dwight on Tim, Pop put tony and Manu in P&R with bonner or whoever else Pau was suppose to be defending. Viola magic :lol:

yes it is overrated.

I rather have Pau scoring 25+ points than a triple double.

His triple double have no effect on the game whatsoever. He didn't help us score(which was what we need) and defensively he was owned by a 37 years old dude.

Last edited:
Or even giving Earl 4 and JJ 4 mil deal to spread the floor for Dwight. JJ would be a upgrade to Meeks IMO and had some success with Dwight in Orlando

glass knees bynum? nah.
if you'd like your franchise to rot with Dwight then i can most definitely respect that.
but he's taking you nowhere. no post moves, cement feet, and its not even a certainty
that he'll regain that athleticism that's been his calling card.
wash your face, take a look in the mirror
and realize that no franchise is exempt from mediocrity.
& that could very well be where LA is headed.

I agree with you.

Just give me a dose of athleticism and shooting next season. That's all I ask. Even if management has to give trade fifty cents on the dollar for Pau.

Again there is something called a salary cap. A luxury tax. Most he could sign with the clippers is $3.5mil. And neither Billups nor Lamar play his position... Barnes isn't getting more than vet min. He'll always be that. So he'll be back with the Clippers.

Man what's the need? U sign MWP and Earl u gonna have a log jam minutes wise at the 4 & 3 with Earl, Hill, and MWP.

None of those 3 spread the floor, all 3 are hustle guys/dirty work guys.

The differences are Earl is younger. Longer. More athletic. Quicker. And can consistently defend great wing players. He can also rotate between the 3 and 4 with either D12 at the 5 or Hill at the 5

Signing MWP for 3-4m just cause is a waste of money when u have a younger guy that can do all that for the same price

Or even giving Earl 4 and JJ 4 mil deal to spread the floor for Dwight. JJ would be a upgrade to Meeks IMO and had some success with Dwight in Orlando

We can only give $3.5 mil to free agents.. And JJ will get far more than that. And considering what happened in Orlando, no way he'd give an LA discount of a few mil a year over 4 years

Last edited:

Man what's the need? U sign MWP and Earl u gonna have a log jam minutes wise at the 4 & 3 with Earl, Hill, and MWP.

None of those 3 spread the floor, all 3 are hustle guys/dirty work guys.

The differences are Earl is younger. Longer. More athletic. Quicker. And can consistently defend great wing players. He can also rotate between the 3 and 4 with either D12 at the 5 or Hill at the 5

Signing MWP for 3-4m just cause is a waste of money when u have a younger guy that can do all that for the same price

Hill is the backup center..
Clark plays much better at PF. And still isn't starter worthy
MWP is at the 3. And probably is the 6th man next year.

Still about 20 minutes left at both positions.

you in denial dog.
that nah is all you can muster and i can feel the pain
and utter uncertainty.
its alright man.

Man, shut the hell up :lol:

Does the loss hurt? Hell yeah it does, when you've been a Laker fan for so long and literally watched every Playoff game we've had since around 97 it hurts when we not only play this bad, but have Kobe, Nash, Pau, Dwight, Blake, Metta, Jordan Hill, Meeks (Um, our entire rotation I just realized) all suffer from injury it does suck. Especially with how much we've hurt people like you over the years, it sucks it's not going to continue... this year at least.

Hill is the backup center..
Clark plays much better at PF. And still isn't starter worthy
MWP is at the 3. And probably is the 6th man next year.

Still about 20 minutes left at both positions.

U really want MWP to be the 6th man next yr? Really? Real homie?

6th men these days are all instant offense. Guys that get buckets. JR, Jamal, Lou, JT, Ray, J Jack... U really want MWP to be your 6th man tho? :smh: :smh: :smh:

And we'd never know how much money JJ or anybody else would take if we keep holding and breaking the bank on these older dudes

How can a guy not be starter worthy when he got the minutes he flourished? The "starters" came back his minutes go down the drain and cats don't think the dude can run :smh:

Man, shut the hell up
laugh.gif

Does the loss hurt? Hell yeah it does, when you've been a Laker fan for so long and literally watched every Playoff game we've had since around 97 it hurts when we not only play this bad, but have Kobe, Nash, Pau, Dwight, Blake, Metta, Jordan Hill, Meeks (Um, our entire rotation I just realized) all suffer from injury it does suck. Especially with how much we've hurt people like you over the years, it sucks it's not going to continue... this year at least.
i know you're hurt. 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

& quite honestly that emotion should be negated by the utter embarrassment you should feel

after not even putting up a fight in Staples. horrific.

and LA has never hurt me. i admire greatness.

during their run they had one of the most impressive tandems ever in Kobe-Shaq and they were a pleasure to watch.

the Pau-Kobe union screamed collusion due to Jerry West's involvement, but seeing Kobe reload was yet another pleasure.

but i say that to say this: good luck in the future man. it doesn't look too bright.

i know you're hurt. 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

& quite honestly that emotion should be negated by the utter embarrassment you should feel
after not even putting up a fight in Staples. horrific.
and LA has never hurt me. i admire greatness.
during their run they had one of the most impressive tandems ever in Kobe-Shaq and they were a pleasure to watch.
the Pau-Kobe union screamed collusion due to Jerry West's involvement, but seeing Kobe reload was yet another pleasure.
but i say that to say this: good luck in the future man. it doesn't look too bright.

:lol: for sure man. have a good one

Back
Top Bottom