Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, shut the hell up :lol:

Does the loss hurt? Hell yeah it does, when you've been a Laker fan for so long and literally watched every Playoff game we've had since around 97 it hurts when we not only play this bad, but have Kobe, Nash, Pau, Dwight, Blake, Metta, Jordan Hill, Meeks (Um, our entire rotation I just realized) all suffer from injury it does suck. Especially with how much we've hurt people like you over the years, it sucks it's not going to continue... this year at least.

[COLOR=#red]With all due and proper respect Drizzyd, your team has been the most successful team of the millennium as far as championships are concerned. Lakers fans are spoiled from success, but in reality there are going to be some lean times in the post Kobe era (not saying Kobe is done from the injury, but he still only has a few years left). Dwight is not the "future" of the Laker org...he's a physical Titan, yet a mental ******.[/COLOR]

Hill is the backup center..
Clark plays much better at PF. And still isn't starter worthy
MWP is at the 3. And probably is the 6th man next year.

Still about 20 minutes left at both positions.

U really want MWP to be the 6th man next yr? Really? Real homie?

6th men these days are all instant offense. Guys that get buckets. JR, Jamal, Lou, JT, Ray, J Jack... U really want MWP to be your 6th man tho? :smh: :smh: :smh:

And we'd never know how much money JJ or anybody else would take if we keep holding and breaking the bank on these older dudes

I think we are at a disagreement of how effective Earl Clark can be.. There's been two Earl Clark's this year, the near double-double guy who looks like a stud, and the guy who we thought he was when we got him in the Dwight Howard trade.. The truth probably is somewhere in the middle.. I'm not too convinced that we throw caution to the wind, and bank on Earl Clark with a closing window on this roster.

My reference to 6th man, is in terms of minutes.. 6th man gets the most minutes off the bench.. And that would be MWP's role.

Also regardless if we signed MWP or let him go.. All we can offer JJ is $3.5mil. Not $5mil because MWP is gone, and not a cap of $1.5mil because we kept MWP.. We have $3.5mil either way for JJ... You really should get off the JJ Redick train though, he's going to go for more than $3.5mil.

MWP plays solid defense. MWP has played big games.. MWP still has a lot left in the tank.. Our struggles are far from the fault of MWP..

So it is absolutely dumb to get rid of MWP when it doesn't open up cap space, and now you have to replace another guy on the roster, and you did nt give yourself another option to get somebody good.

You drop MWP, you now have to fill the entire SF position.. You sign Earl Clark, and you have to fill PF.

Nash/ --- / Morris
Kobe/ Meeks / Goudelock
---- / MWP
---- / Clark
Howard/ Hill / Sacre

Your suggestion
Nash / --- / Morris
Kobe / Meeks/ Goudelock
---- / ----
---- / Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre

So now you have Vet's minimum, Mini-MLE of $3.5mil, Pau Gasol and Steve Blake trading chips to fill backup PG, starting SF, backup SF, starting PF.

We have very little options to fill a plethora of holes.. Creating another hole, that doesn't need to be created makes no sense, especially with a team that has a closing window with the current team.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]With all due and proper respect Drizzyd, your team has been the most successful team of the millennium as far as championships are concerned. Lakers fans are spoiled from success, but in reality there are going to be some lean times in the post Kobe era (not saying Kobe is done from the injury, but he still only has a few years left). Dwight is not the "future" of the Laker org...he's a physical Titan, yet a mental ******.[/COLOR]

I agree with this. I don't think Dwight can carry a team by himself like he did in Orlando during those awful Eastern Conference years.

But if Dwight is here when Kobe's gone we will be just fine in terms of acquiring talent so I'm not worried about that. We don't stay bad for very long, never have and never will.

Im a fan of his so I'm throwing this out there. Before I say this, don't know the books on the lakers and I don't know if they can pull this off.

Said this in the nba thread, the lakers could really use OJ next season. He's inconsistent, but still an extremely solid player who can give you 15-17 ppg nightly with good shooting and good playmaking. He would be another playmaker to aid with Kobe and could help Dwight and Pau as a great 3rd option until kobe gets back. He's not awesome on D, but Dwight is back there.

The lakers could use some deft shooting and another playmaker. Much better than sporting meeks and Blake out there. Then when Kobe gets back you can sport a lineup of Nash,OJ,Kobe Pau', and Dwight. Not to mention he's only 25 years old.

Last edited:
Everybody stay calm. Take the rest of the playoffs off, take a mental vacation from the Lakers and recoup in July. I started vacation when Kobe went down. It has been very therapeutic.

Yup. As soon as Kobe went down I went into off-season mode. This year has been so frustrating, it's only so much I can take.

I'm still tryna figure out what has Mike D'Antoni done to make the front office believe in him. Dude is the offensive version of Mike Brown. :smh:

Last edited:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Metta World Peace (knee), Steve Nash (back, etc), Jodie Meeks (ankle) and Steve Blake (hamstring) are all out for Game 4.

Blehh :smh:

Pau for Marshon Brooks + G.Wallace + 1st rd pick

Essential from a financial standpoint, does that work? :nerd:

Last edited:
Pau for Marshon Brooks + G.Wallace + 1st rd pick

Essential from a financial standpoint, does that work? :nerd:
HELL NO.

Brooks can't even get playing time over Stackhouse because he sucks that bad on defense and Crash has three years-$30 million left on his deal, and not very good anymore. The draft pick is irrelevant in this weak draft.

Last edited:
Apparently MJGREAT made 3 $50 dollar bets on the Spurs series, and now has deleted his twitter and disappeared from the face of the earth. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom