Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what a heartbreaker, phil. blessing in disguise for the bench to get going on offense? eh, i'll give d'antoni a chance until he ***** up

Same dudes who said mike brown was a good hire are saying that pringles is a good hire..

Everybody's already saying it so no need to harp on it, but defense wins rings.. We may win a few games.. hell we may make it to the finals (i'll paypal that dude if it happens) but defense wins RINGS>

:smh:

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Dan D'Antoni, Mike D'Antoni's older brother and longtime assistant with him in PHX and New York, will be joining him in LA, per source.

Last edited:
Im going to sleep man, ill be back later...

Don't bother if you're going to continue your end of the *****ing, too.

*****ing about people who do nothing but ***** is different than *****ing about everything.

When you get what you ask for, what right do you have to still be unhappy?

Especially when you haven't even seen what is going to happen yet. :smh:

But whatever man, whine away... join the party. Have fun.

How so? You are doing NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE about it. You're just contributing to the same circle-jerk BS crying that this thread has ALWAYS been rife with. We've ALWAYS been upset with players, games, coaches. Don't act like you're part of the solution, this complaining of yours is absolutely the same thing that you're getting upset about.

And miss me with that weak last line. I haven't asked for D'Antoni to be fired and I'm begging for him to prove me wrong about him as a coach. Pleading for it.

k.

I don't think D'Antoni will run the team to death. I think he understands this isn't the phx suns of a few years ago.

I'm sure he can figure out other ways to utilize our roster besides 7 seconds or less.

Is he the right coach to go all the way though? idk....

excited to see how this turns out.

BTW. How do you guys think Dwight feels about the hire? I think that's even more important than how kobe feels simply because if this thing blows up Dwight will step right out.

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA

Per source: Mike D'Antoni interviewed with Lakers over phone on Saturday. He talked again after Lakers-Kings game. Deal was made then.

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA

Source on D'Antoni's hiring said it was surprising: "He was clearly convinced this was Phil's job to lose."

KEVIN DING
‏@KevinDing

Mitch Kupchak called Phil Jackson late tonight to notify him that the Lakers had just signed Mike D'Antoni.

No matter who tries to defend Jim Buss on here and it will probably be LTB.

This is all Jim Buss's doing.I've said it before he will be the demise of the Lakers and is just as bad as Al Davis.

what i don't get is why they didn't wait a bit more.

they had agreed to talk to phil again in a few days again right? i would've said no to his demands in the second meeting and tried to negotiate something else and if he didn't accept then, that's when you hire d'antoni
i mean, both coaches wouldn't have coached until friday so what's the big rush.

:rofl:

**DEAD**

what i don't get is why they didn't wait a bit more.
they had agreed to talk to phil again in a few days again right? i would've said no to his demands in the second meeting and tried to negotiate something else and if he didn't accept then, that's when you hire d'antoni
i mean, both coaches wouldn't have coached until friday so what's the big rush.

3 words bro.

It's LA man.

Last edited:
Actually I'll say my peace....

Phil is better than Mike D'Antoni.. No one in their right mind would say the opposite.

But no one in their right mind would agree to the demand Phil made. $15 mil a year. Decision making ability (basically rendering Mitch & Jim, the best FO in the league without the power to do their jobs that they've been successful at). The right to determine the next Lakers coach. The ability to choose what games he wanted to attend, and what games he wanted to blow off..

Maybe D'Antoni doesn't work out.. But given the choice of the two and what was being asked.. The Lakers 100% absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, made the correct decision.

Last edited:
Man I could care less about Jim Buss.
I don't defend people just to defend them, I never liked Mike Brown. I don't like Mike D'Antoni either.

But unlike some of you I won't protest and run riots in the streets tonight screaming "Fire D'Antoni" before he even gets to coach his first game.

If you think Phil deserved 15 Million, complete GM control of our roster, power to choose who is the coach when he leaves, and the right to miss as many road games as he wants...then yeah I guess we really are idiots for not hiring him.

Jesus Christ, of course I want Phil Jackson to be our coach. But be realistic for a minute, who would give another man all of that power over their business?

Phil jackson is 19332x better of a coach than D'Antoni is. But the point is, Phil couldn't be our coach with those demands. What the hell am i supposed to defend? Those are the facts.

You guys really think people like me and Essential LOVED Mike Brown when we tell you MILLIONS of times we don't, we just prefer to let people get a chance before we crucify them. Mike Brown got his, he was horrible, now he is gone.

Now its D'Antoni's turn. I am not excited, I don't like his lack of defensive coaching. He has a bad history and I am skeptical, but like Essential said what else choice did they have right now? I mean I understand it, and we just have to now watch and hope for the best. We'll see if he can make it work.

Whats the worse that can happen? It's obvious now that the Lakers have no patience for losing, so if he doesnt fix this fast everyone will be on him the same way they were on Mike Brown. But lets at least wait and see what the hell he can do before we all jump off a bridge, damn. That's all some of us are saying.

JUST RELAX for a minute, let the guy enter the building. None of us like him, but why have a heart attack before he even gets his first crack at it? :smh:

One things for sure...it couldnt have looked any worse than it did the last month for Lakers basketball.
Hopefully good enough for a championship.

its what we all want guys.

Last edited:
Phil is better than Mike D'Antoni.. No one in their right mind would say the opposite.
But no one in their right mind would agree to the demand Phil made. $15 mil a year. Decision making ability (basically rendering Mitch & Jim, the best FO in the league without the power to do their jobs that they've been successful at). The right to determine the next Lakers coach. The ability to choose what games he wanted to attend, and what games he wanted to blow off..
Maybe D'Antoni doesn't work out.. But given the choice of the two and what was being asked.. The Lakers 100% absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, made the correct decision.

You still don't get it and aren't reading between the lines man.It's not the money that caused Jim Buss to not re hire Phil Jackson.

This hiring and Mike Brown's hiring is all about Jim Buss's HATRED for Phil Jackson and the triangle offense.

Jim Buss is delusional thinking they can re create showtime again especially with this current aging roster.

Last edited:

You still don't get it and aren't reading between the lines man.It's not the money that caused Jim Buss to not re hire Phil Jackson.

This hiring and Mike Brown's hiring is all about Jim Buss's HATRED for Phil Jackson and the triangle offense.

Jim Buss is delusional thinking they can re create showtime again especially with this current aging roster.

Come on... Of course the money meant nothing.. But do you honestly think Phil deserved decisions on personnel (as in players)... The right to determine who coaches after him... All while he would miss significant games because he just didn't want to travel..

NOT ONE COACH deserves that..

And with the choice of Phil or Mike. With the Demands Phil made, compared to the zero Mike made.. Jim Buss made the right choice... By the way, Jerry Buss gets the final decision.. He signed of on MB. Signed off on Nash. Signed off on Howard.. Signed off on Firing Brown.. Which means he also signed off on D'Antoni.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom