Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
‏@SpearsNBAYahoo Lakers aren't interested in opening a roster spot to acquire Derek Fisher, Kenyon Martin or any other free agent, a source told Y! Sports.

Well that's kind of disappointing...

But that's to be expected. I don't think it i the right choice because we have 5 players at the end of the bench who will not do anything for this team.. But I can see the logic about not cutting someone to make a spot for someone else..

I guess the top target at least for me is now Trevor Ariza or Dorell Wright.

Both would be great :lol: .. But Ariza gets the edge because he can play 2 guards better than he plays Small Forwards. But still plays SF very well.

Nash starting at PG. And just keep tweaking the backup for it.
Would allow us to play Meeks/Ariza at the 2. With a handful of minutes for Kobe when we play the "Superstar lineup"
Kobe starting 3. Metta with a good amount of minutes at the 3. Ariza with a few at the 3.
Pau starting the 4. About a dozen for Metta. And a dozen for Hill
Howard starting the 5. Pau with about a dozen minutes at the 4.

No matter what we do, Jamison is permanently out of the rotation. If he could still play SF he would play, but he can't. By playing only 1 position, he's only got a small window of playing time to begin with. Especially with Metta getting minutes at PF. And Hill playing himself into the rotation.. It's hard to find any situation where Jamison gets more than 8 minutes in the rotation, if you confine him to just PF... Sucks, but that's the breaks.

Last edited:
Was honorary team captain and had a great time. Some pictures below and more to go from lakers pr coming soon.

This is awesome man!!

We don't need Fisher, West, any of them dudes. Blake comes back, and Morris and Duhon will just spot fill in when they can.

MD just has to do a better job of protecting Nash by using his lineup. If Nash is sitting, run Morris and 3 of the other key guys. Bring in Nash, and sit Kobe. That way Morris plays with both Kobe and Nash, both gaining minutes/experience, but also resting the 2 that need the most rest.

That is til Blake gets back, at that point he'll use Blake to back up both guards.

And :stoneface: at switching our jersey's. No. NEVER. I don't need to see a KMart brand version like the Spurs use every once in a while. Hell no. We have the CLASSICS in that we have a home Gold uni, a road Purple, and on Sunday's we can break out a white version. Clean, Clear, Classic, > * We will NEVER change that. It's fine to break out an alt every once in a while, but a full on switch? :stoneface: I expect better from you AntiDope.

Essential, have you watched Ariza play since the 09 Finals? Honest question.

I don't think D'Antoni trusts Morris to handle the offense, so we'll be seeing Duhon and Blake battling for Nash's backup minutes. :rolleyes

Ariza is still fine defensively, more than fine actually. It's just his affinity to chuck contested jump shots that kill his value. But it sure would be nice to have a true SF to soak up 15-20 minutes per.

Last edited:
Morris wouldn't have to handle the offense with Kobe, Pau and Dwight on the floor. Add Meeks, and Morris would just have to harrass the opposing PG and shoot corner 3's. He can do that.

Then you bring Nash/Ron back in, and sit Kobe and either Meeks or Morris and you can now get enough rest for each of them without killing offense or defense on the floor. No more 12-0 runs given up, leads blown, etc etc.

I "think" he'll figure that out, but I don't have enough of a feel of him yet, I'm still Phil spoiled at the moment. Decade of him will do that to ya. Dude was clockwork precision.

Yeah, Morris can definitely bring the ball up the floor and stay in the corner. But I feel that D'Antoni truly wants the PG to handle the ball and make plays. That is not Morris' strength at the moment. :lol: We'll see though.

Well my thinking takes care of multiple things. One, rest Nash more. Two, gives Kobe his "free time" to do things Kobe wants to do. Shoot, namely. :lol:

Basically, anyone notice how quiet Kobe was in the 4th yesterday? He was CHILLING while Nash ran things, and guess what, Kobe played his best defensive game of the season. Why? More energy.

I chose Morris because he's young, needs the experience, can harrass a lil bit on D, burn up energy etc, but be protected by the 3 HOFers on the floor with him, Kobe and Pau can play 2 man game, or dump it into Dwight here and there, and with Meeks on the floor, it gives spacing for all of them. The other key part, puts Ron on the bench, so I don't have to see Morris and Ron on the court at the same time trying to dribble, something that makes me want to Hulk smash everything. :lol:

Bottom line, to me, Morris > Duhon. I wish Mike trusted him more, if he played him in the manner I'm asking for, he would learn, and sooner or later he would learn to trust him the same as the spot up 37 foot shooter that is Duhon. Really, who spots up next to Jack for a shot? There's spacing, and then there's Byron Scott Horse shots spacing.

I too would like to see Morris get the reps, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe if he had another ball handler next to him in the second unit it could work, but that's not going to happen with some combination of Pau, Hill, Dwight, MWP or Meeks likely to play next to him.

Great game yesterday, relatives in new york were heated, forgot to greet merry christmas lol
That Pau dunk hopefully will be a turning point this season. He was on that Feliz Navidad MF'ers.

MWP, Morris or Meeks should never be handling the ball upcourt.

D'Antoni needs to preserve the legs of the starters unless he's been conditioning them. They were still running up the court in the 4th quarter. If Bynum was there he'd still be jogging.

Nash, I love that man.

I know it's a small thing,

but I think around the end of the 3rd quarter when kobe got fouled and there was a knicks technical. Kobe missed two free throws.

Nash should be shooting any gimme free throws, he's like a 90 percent.

just a small thing.

I too would like to see Morris get the reps, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe if he had another ball handler next to him in the second unit it could work, but that's not going to happen with some combination of Pau, Hill, Dwight, MWP or Meeks likely to play next to him.

Is why I said Kobe. :nerd:

Morris
Meeks
Kobe
Pau
Dwight

Nash
Morris
Ron
Pau
Dwight

Or to offset the bigs and their minutes

Nash
Morris
Ron
Hill
Dwight/Pau

And somehow find minutes for Ebanks/Jamison and eventually Blake. (they aren't going to get many minutes it's lookin like)

But I said second unit, as in lineup in the second quarter (I'm ignoring fourth quarter because Kobe is playing entire second halves now :smh:). :nerd:

but I think around the end of the 3rd quarter when kobe got fouled and there was a knicks technical. Kobe missed two free throws.
just a small thing.

Nash wasn't on the court. One of the freebies missed was for a foul on Kobe.

just a small thing.

Nash wasn't in the game. Duhon came with 37 seconds left in the third.. If he was, I think MDA would have had Nash take it.

Also tonight can be a big night....

If Lakers win... Rockets beat the Wolves. Warriors beat the Jazz. Lakers move into the 7th seed.

I thought we'd be 20-8 at this point... We are 14-14. With 5 games that we have definitely just handed to the other team despite outplaying them. In retrospect it's been bad, but it could be much worse. We dug ourselves a hole, but it was just boneheaded play late in games..

Last edited:
Look I'm happy we got a W but our bench got 3 points. THREE ******G POINTS!

Something needs to be done there and I don't know what it is. And don't go telling me that MWP was a bench player.

Look I'm happy we got a W but our bench got 3 points. THREE ******G POINTS!

Something needs to be done there and I don't know what it is. And don't go telling me that MWP was a bench player.

He is though...

Defacto Bench player at least.. A la Odom a couple years ago, and James Harden last year.

If you go by the same measure with the Knicks (JR Smith played 37 minutes).. They have 7.

Don't fret though... Meeks had an off shooting night, but that's what happens to 3point shooters.. They'll have off nights.. Then have a stretch of games where it's like they can't miss, and Jodie's done that.

But that's not to say that we don't need a Combo Guard off the bench and Combo 2/3 to start.. Because we do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom