Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Dream

^^^^ isnt that the truth :lol:

Is there a more VISITED thread by "non-fans" than this one?

Unbelievable. :wow:

Last edited:
I'm glad Laker fans are starting to realize Dwight was not signed but instead traded. I've said for a long time now, before and after the trade happened, If the Lakers severely underachieve the media will come berate the Lakers and Dwight Howard is not built for that type of pressure. He's mentally fragile but what's most important to Dwight is his superstar persona and winning. How could he win with the Lakers later if he's not winning now?

In Dwight's dream world he wanted to go to Brooklyn, he wanted to sue the Magic because he signed that extension and couldn't sign with Brooklyn last summer. He wanted to play with Deron. I still think he does, don't know if its possible, Nets would have to trade Brook and let that salary go. Dwight is still kicking himself for idiotic emotional contract extension he signed last march.

I could see him now going to the Rockets now, they're young and they look good. There'd be no GOOD reason to stay in LA. Unless the Lakers miraculously make it to the Finals. Finally some of you realize it, I was getting bashed for hypothetically suggestioning it, Haha.

I think whats going to happen is Dwight will ask for a sign and trade - that way he gets his money and we get something out of him.

Who can we trade him for?

The Lakers are exempt from taking part in sign-and-trades because they're a luxury tax paying team.

He either re-signs with the Lakers for the max or leaves money on the table to sign with another team.

I'm glad Laker fans are starting to realize Dwight was not signed but instead traded. I've said for a long time now, before and after the trade happened, If the Lakers severely underachieve the media will come berate the Lakers and Dwight Howard is not built for that type of pressure. He's mentally fragile but what's most important to Dwight is his superstar persona and winning. How could he win with the Lakers later if he's not winning now?

In Dwight's dream world he wanted to go to Brooklyn, he wanted to sue the Magic because he signed that extension and couldn't sign with Brooklyn last summer. He wanted to play with Deron. I still think he does, don't know if its possible, Nets would have to trade Brook and let that salary go. Dwight is still kicking himself for idiotic emotional contract extension he signed last march.

I could see him now going to the Rockets now, they're young and they look good. There'd be no GOOD reason to stay in LA. Unless the Lakers miraculously make it to the Finals. Finally some of you realize it, I was getting bashed for hypothetically suggestioning it, Haha.
the_office_****_vsgi8zcf.gif

The Lakers are exempt from taking part in sign-and-trades because they're a luxury tax paying team.
He either re-signs with the Lakers for the max or leaves money on the table to sign with another team.

Not second guessing you, but do you have an article for that? I'd like to read it.

That's sucks tho, the Lakers couldn't even get pieces to rebuild.

Sign-and-trades: Available to all teams in the first two years of the agreement. Starting in Year 3, teams that are close to the tax line would only be able to acquire a free agent via a sign-and-trade transaction to the extent that it put the team no more than $4 million over the tax. The maximum length of such contracts will be four years with 4.5 percent annual increases. Previously, the owners had been seeking to eliminate sign-and-trades for all tax teams or teams that would exceed the tax after the transaction. This was a key issue for the players, and the more player-friendly definition of a tax-paying team also applies to use of the mid-level exception. So, if a team is $500,000 under the tax, it could use $4.5 million of the full mid-level. If a team already is over the tax, it would be restricted to the "mini" mid-level.
Link

This summer would mark "Year 3".

Last edited:

I could see him now going to the Rockets now, they're young and they look good. There'd be no GOOD reason to stay in LA. Unless the Lakers miraculously make it to the Finals. Finally some of you realize it, I was getting bashed for hypothetically suggestion, Haha.

Just in your suggestion. What do you think happens if he leaves.... You think he's going to get an easy pass? Nope he will be ripped to shreds for YEARS. You thought Lebron got it bad, Dwight will get it worse. Especially after what he did in 2011-12

And I think the BK thing might be overblown. I think it was an option, BUT I don't think it was BK or bust for him at any point. Also BK has no chance of getting Dwight in the next 4 years.

And the Rockets won't give him a good opportunity. He'll be waiting 3-4 years for all those pieces to line up again for the Rockets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom