Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chris Mihm was always a serviceable center in my eyes. Just prone to fouls before his career ended on that Chris Wilcox dunk.

Chris Mihm was always a serviceable center in my eyes. Just prone to fouls before his career ended on that Chris Wilcox dunk.

I remember him on the bench more than on the court. I feel like he stayed hurt.

Not really a pro of Lakers being bad, but something to look on the bright side, almost every game in the west is now interesting. Almost all the time now, both teams are ahead of the Lakers in the standings, so after each game, the Lakers make up a half game in the playoff standings...

It's been a sad season....

Not really a pro of Lakers being bad, but something to look on the bright side, almost every game in the west is now interesting. Almost all the time now, both teams are ahead of the Lakers in the standings, so after each game, the Lakers make up a half game in the playoff standings...

It's been a sad season....

It's been sad because we are 5 or 6 games worse than what we should be. And we've blown that many games this year.

The dumbest move we made was not getting a reputable backup. Or keeping Sessions when we got Nash.

Even if Nash never got injured, a reputable backup PG would put us closer to the top.

But Nash misses 25 games (24 full) and we are the idiots trying to replace him with Duhon, Blake and Morris. Either over the hill, untalented, or a few years away players.

We went 12-13 in those games. If we had Nash. It's hard to say we wouldn't be 5 games better. Even with a solid backup who would be thrust into the starting role, we'd be a few games better.

At times we've looked bad, even downright awful, and that's a concern. But we did catch a bad break (pun intended) with Nash that set us back to the third week of December as a 12-14 team.

Something that people jumping off the bridge have to think about first.

Last edited:
Ehh. You are what your record says you are. With that said, can't wait to see us play ball in March.

The Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies and Warriors seem to be locks at this point for the playoffs. The Nuggets after all those road games to start the season should feel pretty good about themselves going forward. The T'Wolves have done well given the injuries, it really speaks volumes to Adelman. I feel that the Jazz and Mavs will fall out of the playoff race within the next few weeks, if they haven't already. The Rockets and Blazers have hung around longer than I expected. One injury to a starter (not even a star starter, just a starter) and their playoff hopes will diminish significantly.

So it's basically two open spots left between four teams (Lakers, T'Wolves, Rockets and Blazers). Not sure how to feel at this point. Not really pessimistic or optimistic given everything that has happened.

OKC and Clippers will be licking their chop when they see us in the first round. Oh wait i still don't know if this pathetic team could actually make the playoff............

Ehh. You are what your record says you are. With that said, can't wait to see us play ball in March.

Well I mean we are 15-16 with Chris Duhon, Steve Blake and Darius Morris as our PG rotation for 25 games.

That says what we are. We have weak backups at PG. And missing a game changer like Nash should prove that 15-16, shows we are better than what it says despite the inconsistencies, injuries, lack of chemistry, etc.

Last edited:
The Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies and Warriors seem to be locks at this point for the playoffs. The Nuggets after all those road games to start the season should feel pretty good about themselves going forward. The T'Wolves have done well given the injuries, it really speaks volumes to Adelman. I feel that the Jazz and Mavs will fall out of the playoff race within the next few weeks, if they haven't already. The Rockets and Blazers have hung around longer than I expected. One injury to a starter (not even a star starter, just a starter) and their playoff hopes will diminish significantly.

So it's basically two open spots left between four teams (Lakers, T'Wolves, Rockets and Blazers). Not sure how to feel at this point. Not really pessimistic or optimistic given everything that has happened.

4th Seed.

Last edited:
Fourth seed in the West will probably have between 52-55 wins this season. I have a hard time seeing this team going something like 38-13 this rest of the way with the hole they've dug themselves (no matter the reasoning) and the way the rest of the top five teams are playing.

Last edited:
It's been sad because we are 5 or 6 games worse than what we should be. And we've blown that many games this year.
The dumbest move we made was not getting a reputable backup. Or keeping Sessions when we got Nash.
Even if Nash never got injured, a reputable backup PG would put us closer to the top.
But Nash misses 25 games (24 full) and we are the idiots trying to replace him with Duhon, Blake and Morris. Either over the hill, untalented, or a few years away players.
We went 12-13 in those games. If we had Nash. It's hard to say we wouldn't be 5 games better. Even with a solid backup who would be thrust into the starting role, we'd be a few games better.
At times we've looked bad, even downright awful, and that's a concern. But we did catch a bad break (pun intended) with Nash that set us back to the third week of December as a 12-14 team.
Something that people jumping off the bridge have to think about first.

Since Nash has come back we are 3-2 which is much better than before, but still pretty lacking for a team with championship aspirations.

I say this season has been sad for mainly two reasons...

1. We aren't doing very well, that's pretty obvious

2. The way we've been playing hasn't been very fun to watch, and following the team this year, for me personally, hasn't been as much fun as previous years. First we fire our coach a few games in, right fully so. Then we get hyped about the fact that Phil Jackson is coming back, but that falls through, and we pick up Mike D'antoni. He comes in and we don't do well, but he blames it on not having Nash back. We get Nash back and we still aren't playing great. Throw in constant injuries with our best players, and lingering injuries with Howard, and constant trade talks with Pau, and you have a pretty ****** year to date in my opinion. Another thing is I hate our defense, I have never been confident in it this year, like i've said before our defense is hoping teams miss, its a horrible way to watch a game. Add the fact that any time we pick up a good win, we immediately lose to a bum team the next day.

I mean the season is relatively young, and you couldn't pay me enough to stop watching, but it's been a hard season to follow. I really hope we reel off a 10 game or 15 game winning streak, it will be the only way we can get back into a good position and help the team pick up some confidence and feel good about itself.

Regardless, Go Lakers, a win tomorrow would be a nice way to kick off the weekend.

Just in your suggestion. What do you think happens if he leaves.... You think he's going to get an easy pass? Nope he will be ripped to shreds for YEARS. You thought Lebron got it bad, Dwight will get it worse. Especially after what he did in 2011-12
And I think the BK thing might be overblown. I think it was an option, BUT I don't think it was BK or bust for him at any point. Also BK has no chance of getting Dwight in the next 4 years.
And the Rockets won't give him a good opportunity. He'll be waiting 3-4 years for all those pieces to line up again for the Rockets.

Nothing compares to LeBron leaving his hometown team and even if it did Dwight Howard has to look at LeBron right now and say to himself "in the end it was worth it for Lebron". Not to mention Dwight is not the superstar LeBron is.

The BK thing was not overblown. He was going on secret dinner dates with Mickael Prokrov during the lockout, in early July Dwight made it public he wanted to be traded to the Nets and the Nets only. The Magic were the ones holding back because they didn't want rebuild around Brook Lopez (even tho it was their best deal).

Rockets are a better situation with a group of talented youth. What the hell can the Lakers offer Dwight in terms of prosperity and competitiveness? Especially while Kobe and the rat pack are still around?

I know you've been adamant about Dwight Howard resigning but you are a die hard Lakers fan, it's clouding your objectivity. Even Laker fans are finally starting to realize it, Dwight is not a guaranteed Laker after this summer. I'd say its 50/50 right now, the more the Lakers lose and the media hounds the over the hill Lakers for under-achieving, the more the percentage goes down.

I know you've been adamant about Dwight Howard resigning but you are a die hard Lakers fan, it's clouding your objectivity.

Just like $25 mill finna cloud Dwight's :lol:

What would Dwight be this summer? A free agent you say?

Teams that pay the luxury tax can't RECEIVE a free agent in a sign-trade. As long as the team we were trading him to were under the cap we can make the deal.

"Sign-and-trades: Available to all teams in the first two years of the agreement. Starting in Year 3, teams that are close to the tax line would only be able to acquire a free agent via a sign-and-trade transaction to the extent that it put the team no more than $4 million over the tax. The maximum length of such contracts will be four years with 4.5 percent annual increases. Previously, the owners had been seeking to eliminate sign-and-trades for all tax teams or teams that would exceed the tax after the transaction. This was a key issue for the players, and the more player-friendly definition of a tax-paying team also applies to use of the mid-level exception. So, if a team is $500,000 under the tax, it could use $4.5 million of the full mid-level. If a team already is over the tax, it would be restricted to the "mini" mid-level."

Team showed what they were last season before all the acquisitions. Simply can't close out games. Look at the games vs Thunder last year in the Playoffs, it all came down to the 4th quarter and this team couldn't prevail even with Kobe on the team.

I know you've been adamant about Dwight Howard resigning but you are a die hard Lakers fan, it's clouding your objectivity. Even Laker fans are finally starting to realize it, Dwight is not a guaranteed Laker after this summer. I'd say its 50/50 right now, the more the Lakers lose and the media hounds the over the hill Lakers for under-achieving, the more the percentage goes down.

You mean the fan base that overreacts for everything...

Logistics gets in the way of everything you're trying to say.

Wouldn't even put it close to 50/50

And what can the Lakers offer? Year in year out they are competitive and spend the money to be competitive.

But I'm sure a capped out team of Harden, Lin & Asik has Dwight foaming at the mouth.

Last edited:
You mean the fan base that overreacts for everything...
Logistics gets in the way of everything you're trying to say.
Wouldn't even put it close to 50/50
And what can the Lakers offer? Year in year out they are competitive and spend the money to be competitive.
But I'm sure a capped out team of Harden, Lin & Asik has Dwight foaming at the mouth.

Logistics?

Aw man, You sure are in denial on this one. The championship banners and purple-gold are clouding your judgement. That means nothing to Dwight. He won't sign on prestige alone, the Lakers are offering nothing new and nothing innovative. Just the same old dogs on their last legs, on their way to be euthanized.

Those Rockets currently have a better record than the Lakers and they have plenty of cap space. Asik and Lin? Haha, that's chump change. Harden is the only one with a max.

Also, who says it has to be the Rockets? To use your own words, I'm not so sure Dwight's foaming at the mouth to stay in LA. The fact you don't even consider this Dwight problem to be an issue is alarming. You seem to be sure Dwight's staying so you're content, far be it from to challenge that.

Logistics?
Aw man, You sure are in denial on this one. The championship banners and purple-gold are clouding your judgement. That means nothing to Dwight. He won't sign on prestige alone, the Lakers are offering nothing new and nothing innovative. Just the same old dogs on their last legs, on their way to be euthanized.
Those Rockets currently have a better record than the Lakers and they have plenty of cap space. Asik and Lin? Haha, that's chump change. Harden is the only one with a max.
Also, who says it has to be the Rockets? To use your own words, I'm not so sure Dwight's foaming at the mouth to stay in LA. The fact you don't even consider this Dwight problem to be an issue is alarming. You seem to be sure Dwight's staying so you're content, far be it from to challenge that.

So what if he leave? It's not like the fans can do anything.

Dwight haven't been good this season neither. You act like he's a savior hero who putting up 30 and 15 every night or something. He's still going to be judged base on his performance with the Lakers.

And he's not going to New York.

Last edited:
I'm glad Laker fans are starting to realize Dwight was not signed but instead traded. I've said for a long time now, before and after the trade happened, If the Lakers severely underachieve the media will come berate the Lakers and Dwight Howard is not built for that type of pressure. He's mentally fragile but what's most important to Dwight is his superstar persona and winning. How could he win with the Lakers later if he's not winning now?

In Dwight's dream world he wanted to go to Brooklyn, he wanted to sue the Magic because he signed that extension and couldn't sign with Brooklyn last summer. He wanted to play with Deron. I still think he does, don't know if its possible, Nets would have to trade Brook and let that salary go. Dwight is still kicking himself for idiotic emotional contract extension he signed last march.

I could see him now going to the Rockets now, they're young and they look good. There'd be no GOOD reason to stay in LA. Unless the Lakers miraculously make it to the Finals. Finally some of you realize it, I was getting bashed for hypothetically suggestion, Haha.

Just in your suggestion. What do you think happens if he leaves.... You think he's going to get an easy pass? Nope he will be ripped to shreds for YEARS. You thought Lebron got it bad, Dwight will get it worse. Especially after what he did in 2011-12

And I think the BK thing might be overblown. I think it was an option, BUT I don't think it was BK or bust for him at any point. Also BK has no chance of getting Dwight in the next 4 years.

And the Rockets won't give him a good opportunity. He'll be waiting 3-4 years for all those pieces to line up again for the Rockets.
No he won't.

Everybody thought Lebron wouldn't be able to breath, walk in public, show face on court after his debacle announcment, well, it only lasted a year, now Lebron is once again, herald as the king (as he should be). Lebron X sales are at all time high, his jersey is still #1 hottest selling and the Heat are STILL the team to beat.

Of course there will be backlash if D12 leaves after this year, but it won't be as greatly as you speak of. It's not like he said he will re-sign, than pulled a jack move and left. If he goes to another team only people that will hate him are YOU guys. You think D12 cares if LA fans hate him because he left after his final contract year? :rolleyes

D12 has no loyalty to the Bus family, Lakers or the city of Los Angeles. Even after that trade brigade that swirled around him in Orlando last year, nobody is talking about it right now, nobody is bringing up the bull**** he put Orlando through, everybody is talking about his back, and on court play.

People forgive and forget, D12 will be a product of that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom