Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Howard will be a free agent at the end of this season. I ask him if he knows now where he will be playing next year, and he says, "I know."

I suggest that means the Lakers because he could not know of any other opportunity at this time. But I still make a pitch for the Clippers, figuring he might want to play for the best team in town.

He laughs, and when I suggest that some opine that if this season falls apart it will persuade him to leave, he says that's not the case.

He says the Lakers are all about championships, and "what's not to like about L.A.?"

There is an expectation by some that he cannot coexist with Kobe.

"Why can't we coexist?" he asks. "Because we're opposites? I thought opposites attract.

"You know why we can play well together? Kobe knows how hard I work and that I'm all about championships. We're also entertainers, and for the two hours and 20 minutes that people come to a game they want to be entertained."

Why are people talking about this... because people want to talk about anything to create a story.

Last edited:
We need to somehow come out of these next 5 games 4-1. I don't care how it needs to happen, can't afford another losing "trip" if we want to make the playoffs as anything other than a 8 maybe 7 seed. Nash has come back and we still haven't taken off. As it progresses, I hope I'm wrong but this team just looks very average at best. Season is almost halfway over and from the looks of it we'll be .500.

As for Dwight if he leaves so be it, he didn't want to be here. And to take a quote from earlier in the year from a guy who is as fickle as him isn't exactly setting things in concrete. He could very well leave us which would suck for next season, but the rebuilding process post Bean would be able to start early. Don't want to be mired in mediocrity for too long.

Last edited:
As for Dwight if he leaves so be it, he didn't want to be here. And to take a quote from earlier in the year from a guy who is as fickle as him isn't exactly setting things in concrete. He could very well leave us which would suck for next season, but the rebuilding process post Bean would be able to start early. Don't want to be mired in mediocrity for too long.

Frmr Magic teammate Ryan Anderson didn't see Dwight Howard ever really wanting to join Nets & always eyed Lakers “From Dwight’s perspective, it didn’t seem like he wanted that too happen too much,’’ Anderson said of Howard joining the Nets. “From my understanding, that’s what it seemed like from everybody’s perspective (that Howard wanted to to the Lakers).’’

Didn't D12 say in an interview after he got traded to LA that he wanted to go to the Nets, c'mon man you've seen it all last year and even more recently take whatever this guy "says or is feeling" at the time as a grain of salt. He's fickle and maybe doesn't want the pressure of being in LA despite all the tradition and opportunity it provides. I hope he stays like everyone else (if he's able to get back to being D12 superman, not this guy now) but don't set yourself up like it's an slam dunk he stays. Trades and player movement can happen and he may find a more attractive destination that suits him as a person and player better.

:lol: @ anyone who ACTIVELY follows sports and puts ANY merit into what an athlete said

I would expect that sort of mistake from a casual sports fan.

"But he said 'I know' and grinned!"

:lol:

Dwight wanted to go to the Nets. It's like if Melo ended up with the Rockets, we'd all be saying, "but he wanted to go to NY".

I've said it once and I'll say it again. In terms of monetary perspectives, Dwight should stay in LA. He won't get as much money anywhere else if he decides to leave. No amount of endorsement deals can cover the $30+ million loss he'd see if he went somewhere else.

Now, in terms of basketball perspectives? In the long term, maybe LA isn't his best option. Ownership is going south, Kobe isn't going to play forever (although I think he'll try to play out 2 more after this current deal is up), Steve Nash isn't going to be an "elite" player anymore, unless major changes happen to the roster, I don't think the Lakers will be title contenders for awhile.

Now, maybe a couple of trades and acquisitions can change all that. Jennings want's o go to LA and so does Mayo. Maybe, a deeper bench would help as well.

Dwight wanted to go to the Nets. It's like if Melo ended up with the Rockets, we'd all be saying, "but he wanted to go to NY".
I've said it once and I'll say it again. In terms of monetary perspectives, Dwight should stay in LA. He won't get as much money anywhere else if he decides to leave. No amount of endorsement deals can cover the $30+ million loss he'd see if he went somewhere else.
Now, in terms of basketball perspectives? In the long term, maybe LA isn't his best option. Ownership is going south, Kobe isn't going to play forever (although I think he'll try to play out 2 more after this current deal is up), Steve Nash isn't going to be an "elite" player anymore, unless major changes happen to the roster, I don't think the Lakers will be title contenders for awhile.
Now, maybe a couple of trades and acquisitions can change all that. Jennings want's o go to LA and so does Mayo. Maybe, a deeper bench would help as well.

Is there actual evidence of this?

4th Seed.
roll.gif

Why would anyone bother predicting what Dwight Howard will do in six months time in free agency. Has the last year not taught us anything?

Last edited:
Why would anyone bother predicting what Dwight Howard will do in six months time in free agency. Has the last year not taught us anything?

Exactly, which is why I'm staying quiet until more relevant topics are brought forward.

Lakers vs. Clippers tonight guys...lets drop all the off-season rumors and talk about whats going to happen tonight.

Please...

Exactly, which is why I'm staying quiet until more relevant topics are brought forward.

Lakers vs. Clippers tonight guys...lets drop all the off-season rumors and talk about whats going to happen tonight.

Please...

We got this.

Phil Jackson and Jeanie Buss are engaged

Phil Jackson, 67, and Jeanie Buss, 51, have been dating since 1999 and live together in Playa del Rey.

Phil Jackson may not have signed on for another run as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, but he's about to join the Laker family nonetheless.

The 11-time NBA champion coach popped the question to his longtime girlfriend, Lakers executive vice president Jeanie Buss, over the the Christmas holiday, and she accepted.

On Thursday, Buss tweeted a picture of a diamond ring with the caption: "Twitter family -- Phil finally gave me that ring I wanted ! :smile: "

"I'm beyond happy," Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "I really didn't want it to be news, but I knew people who followed me on Twitter cared about it and I've been wearing the ring since Christmas, so I figured I should let people know."

Between this and the Laker struggles right now Jim Buss is extra salty! :lol:

Congrats to Phil and Jeanie though.

Phil got them draws dawg.... Being a laker fan is great man, it's like a dope reality TV show that come on 3 times a week all year round lol

4th seed?!
Hahahahahahaha
We would BARELY make 8th seed in the East.
Come mid-April, Lakers WILL miss the playoffs for the 4th time in their history.

Lakers will make the 8th seed. Unless Minn plays REALLY well.

I'm surprised with GS this year. They're playing a lot like the Pacers did last year.

Didn't D12 say in an interview after he got traded to LA that he wanted to go to the Nets, c'mon man you've seen it all last year and even more recently take whatever this guy "says or is feeling" at the time as a grain of salt. He's fickle and maybe doesn't want the pressure of being in LA despite all the tradition and opportunity it provides. I hope he stays like everyone else (if he's able to get back to being D12 superman, not this guy now) but don't set yourself up like it's an slam dunk he stays. Trades and player movement can happen and he may find a more attractive destination that suits him as a person and player better.

An objective and sane Laker fan! I must applaud. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Essential read and observe. You need to realize D12 staying in LA is no where near close to guarantee. Your setting yourself up for heartbreak. Everyone I know in LA tells me about how the media and the fans aren't so sure and the Lakers need to set up a backup plan. I don't know if this has the same cultural awareness affect on you since your in upstate NY, but SoCal can already see it.

If your just as sure Dwight is staying like you think the Lakers will get the 4th seed, you have issues kid.

Last edited:
Essentail, that Kobe mask is squeezing the blood flow from your head bruh. Delusional? That's too damn nice. You're down right creepy with you thoughts.

Essentail, that Kobe mask is squeezing the blood flow from your head bruh. Delusional? That's too damn nice. You're down right creepy with you thoughts.

This place is like a playground for trolls and such. :smh:

A Laker fan can't say what he wants about the Lakers, IN a Laker thread?

Lol at Kobe's tweet.

And Dwight is not leaving the lakers.. He's having too much fun being in the spotlight for backstage lakers. Haha :tongue:

Whether Dwight leaves or stays, I won't be mad. I have my full trust on Mitch, he probably has a backup to the backup to the back up plan :smokin

Whether Dwight leaves or stays, I won't be mad. I have my full trust on Mitch, he probably has a backup to the backup to the back up plan :smokin

thats the thing tho, theyre not letting Mitch be Mitch right now. Jim Buss is calling all the shots

Please...

This sir

Back
Top Bottom