Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From July 24th
Source: Lakers eye Delonte West
By Dave McMenamin | ESPNLosAngeles.com

The Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in free-agent guard Delonte West, according to a league source.

West, who turns 29 this week, averaged 9.6 points, 3.2 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game for the Dallas Mavericks last season. He appeared in just 44 games because of a fractured right ring finger and picked up one of the more bizarre fines in league history when he was docked $25,000 for giving Utah's Gordon Hayward a "wet willy."

West shot 46.1 percent from the floor and 35.5 percent on 3-pointers, and the Lakers view him as a versatile player who could back up both Kobe Bryant at shooting guard and Steve Nash at point guard while bringing his outside touch to a team that ranked 25th in the NBA in 3-point accuracy last year (32.6 percent).

The Lakers have had West, a career 37.2 percent 3-point shooter, on their radar ever since hiring Mike Brown as their coach last summer. West played for Brown on the Cleveland Cavaliers from the middle of the 2007-08 season through the end of 2009-10, serving as a key cog on a Cavs team that led the league in wins in consecutive seasons.

While the Lakers still have the mini mid-level exception available to sign an incoming free agent (starting at $3 million a season), general manager Mitch Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com last week that he would be surprised if the team uses it.

That means the Lakers would only be looking to add the lefty combo guard for a one-year veteran's minimum contract, worth approximately $1.3 million for West, who has eight years experience.

West publicly has stated his interest in returning to the Mavs, but seeks a multiyear deal according to ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan.

While there is clear interest from the Lakers' side, West's signing is not considered imminent as L.A. is wary about locking up its remaining open roster spots while a Dwight Howard deal -- that will surely be multi-player or even multi-team when eventually completed -- is still on the table.

How this could be possible:

1. Cut Goudelock & Johnson-Odom.. Leaves us at 14 on the roster (Neither are going to play now, nor in the future.)
2. Send Darius Morris & Earl Clark to the DLeague (or Sacre if Clark doesn't agree to going to the DLeague) where both honestly need to be.
3. Hold onto Steve Blake for insurance purposes in case of Delonte Bugging out.. Also Duhon is easier to trade because he has only a partially guaranteed contract next year ($1.5 mil).. Maybe even include Clark since he's expiring for another bench player...

Rotation (until we can make a trade):
Nash/West/Blake/ Duhon
Kobe/Meeks
Metta/Ebanks
Pau/ Jamison
Howard/ Hill/ Sacre

DLeague : Morris & Clark (or Sacre)

Last edited:
Saw this extremely dope..

Originally from Lakers Nation: http://www.lakersnation.com/forums/topic/5391-kobe-bryant-the-angel-of-destruction-wall/

From July 24th
How this could be possible:
1. Cut Goudelock & Johnson-Odom.. Leaves us at 14 on the roster (Neither are going to play now, nor in the future.)
2. Send Darius Morris & Earl Clark to the DLeague (or Sacre if Clark doesn't agree to going to the DLeague) where both honestly need to be.
3. Hold onto Steve Blake for insurance purposes in case of Delonte Bugging out.. Also Duhon is easier to trade because he has only a partially guaranteed contract next year ($1.5 mil).. Maybe even include Clark since he's expiring for another bench player...
Rotation (until we can make a trade):
Nash/West/Blake/ Duhon
Kobe/Meeks
Metta/Ebanks
Pau/ Jamison
Howard/ Hill/ Sacre
DLeague : Morris & Clark (or Sacre)

one of your trade proposals i could actually rock with :lol:

question though, since the mavs might buy him out, would that mean he would go on the waiver wire? thus only allowing teams under the cap to bid on him?

one of your trade proposals i could actually rock with :lol:
question though, since the mavs might buy him out, would that mean he would go on the waiver wire? thus only allowing teams under the cap to bid on him?

True.. But he's likely to clear waivers due to his past problems.

I also love how TFMB are already making the Mike Brown claims.. So if we don't win they can say.. "See I told you it's Mike Brown" regardless of the true reason like they did last year.

So how long are the people that is apart of Team Give Mike BrownA Chance going to give him until you want him fired?

Or is this season going to be one of those seasons, where you say "This is his first year with this kind of talent surrounding him, we have to give him another chance next season.?" :smh:

I wish Mike Brown all of the best, but its going to be Championship or Fired for him this season.

at least we are seeing some progress with the other cable network. it'll be just a matter of time before everyone else gets it. Hopefully it'll be by the start of the season...so come on directv if charter can do it so should you

Last edited:
yes to delonte. ive wanted him on this team since 2 years ago.

i dont really think there is a team fire mike brown we just know he is a horrible head coach and should be an assistant coach.

on the other hand there is a team give mike brown a decade before you fire him on here :lol:

the guy is an assistant coach who became a head coach so lebron james could have a yes man and not bump heads with while in cleveland.

and you think it would work in the land of lala where egos rain supreme?

This is disgusting, this is why so many people hate Laker fans

Like how are some of you expecting failure from your coach. Instead of expecting the guy to fail, we should show unity & strength to support the
head coach of the LAKERS period. If coach brown cant get support from his own fanbase who is he gonna get it from??

Its funny because we all worship the ground Mitch walks on and now we know that Mitch & JBuss makes decisions together so GUESS WHAT BOYS???!!!: THEY CHOSE HIM!!

So if you think that Mike Brown sucks or he is dumb then Mitch must be dumber for paying him....hmmmmm
Mike Brown was the Lakers organizations pick not just JBuss, so we all need to step back as fans and support our TEAM no matter what, (coaches included)

But hey what do I no.....

I need AT&T to stop playing around and make this TV deal!

Last edited:
I got the SI issue with Nash & D12 on the cover.

Nice article on Dwight in the magazine.Detailing a lot of the stuff from when he came out here 5 months ago to get his back surgery and rehab done.

SLAM is a east coast based magazine and it usually takes 2 or 3 weeks from when they say "magazine on sale now" to get out here to Cali and the west coast.

Funny thing is my local Barnes & Noble didn't have it in stock today and I found it a Albertsons supermarket across the street from Barnes & Noble.

Brown has 2-3 years left in his contract.. He will finish out his contract here..

And terrible is not remotely true..

Of coaches who have coached 500 games win % in the regular season
1. Phil Jackson (.704)
2. Billy Cunningham (.698)
3. Gregg Popovich (.680)
4. K.C. Jones (.674)
5. Red Auerbach (.662)
6. Mike Brown (.658)

Of coaches who have coached 80 playoff games
12. Mike Brown (.566)

Coaches you guys wanted in the playoffs 19. Adelman (.503) 21. Jerry Sloan (.485)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom