Delete

We probably won't draft a safety until the middle rounds, if at all. I think he D-Line is still very thin when it comes to depth even with re-signing Haralson and picking up Dorsey. I would love to get Hankins and Hunt if they're there. Hunt is possible but Hankins is not likely.

ideally I would like to see the 49ers draft Elam and the honey badger himself

Exactly how I feel. I think Elam is going to be a great player.

I'm hoping we end up with Ed Reed (anyone hear anything new?) and draft one of those safeties and have them learn from him for a couple years.

We probably won't draft a safety until the middle rounds, if at all. I think he D-Line is still very thin when it comes to depth even with re-signing Haralson and picking up Dorsey. I would love to get Hankins and Hunt if they're there. Hunt is possible but Hankins is not likely.

I was just watching youtube videos of Hunt because Im hoping we get him also :lol: Dude will be good he just needs a little bit of coaching.

I saw a mock draft of us taking a DL first round then with the Chiefs pick we take Elam and then Mathieu

I like Elam, but I feel he'd be a better SS than a FS(although same can be said about Goldson). Dude definitely plays like a 49er but is a little too similar to Whitner.

Datone Jones or Margus Hunt. :smokin

Last edited:
yeah he's also the clown that does this

so, no thanks. 
Haha as funny as it is, I really hope you wouldnt want Brandon Lloyd on your team because of that one play. Dudes got some of the best hands/athleticism at the WR position.

We just re-signed Harylson for about 1.3 mil which is nice, always liked him. He's nothing incredible, but a solid back up who can get after the QB.
and the last receiver NE dumped due to attitude problems was Moss.

so, there's that as well.

we signed K Phil Dawson

we're still gonna draft a kicker hopefully I heard there's a kicker nicknamed golden shoe :lol:

we signed K Phil Dawson

we're still gonna draft a kicker hopefully I heard there's a kicker nicknamed golden shoe :lol:

Phil Dawson :pimp:.. probably the best Kicker we could have acquired via free agency

View media item 321547

:nerd:

And before any of you say we have Lamichael James.. this is Lattimore we're talking about.

Last edited:
Nice pick up with Dawson... I also wouldn't mine Lattimore as well... Let him sit out this season and be ready for the new SC stadium :pimp: :pimp:

Latiimore would be a great add, sit him down until next year. But we have young rbs dixon, hunter and lamike. Dont now if there is room for him. So for me no thankyou.

I would absolutely love that. If we arent going to be packaging picks to move up, why not take incredibly high upside players that wont be expected to do much this year? Like I have said a few times in here, more than half of our draft picks would end up being cut or PS'd anyways, so why not draft Lattimore and the Honey Badger?

Latiimore would be a great add, sit him down until next year. But we have young rbs dixon, hunter and lamike. Dont now if there is room for him. So for me no thankyou.

When I think of our young running backs, I just think Hunter and Lamichael. I dont see Dixon as more than a STer and 3 carries a game type back (at best). Now, I personally think Hunter actually CAN be a featured back in spite of his size, we will still need to find Gore's eventual replacement. Lattimore can be that. A trio of Lattimore, Hunter and LMJ would be amazing.

Last edited:
Kinda late but welcome philto the 49ers. Hope he is accurate cause akers always had me stressed as most 49er fans.

Ye
When I think of our young running backs, I just think Hunter and Lamichael. I dont see Dixon as more than a STer and 3 carries a game type back (at best). Now, I personally think Hunter actually CAN be a featured back in spite of his size, we will still need to find Gore's eventual replacement. Lattimore can be that. A trio of Lattimore, Hunter and LMJ would be amazing.

That would be amazing, but there is only so many plays in a game to split the ball to so many players not just rbs.

Ye

That would be amazing, but there is only so many plays in a game to split the ball to so many players not just rbs.

I'm just thinking that if we end up drafting him, a Hunter/Lattimore 2 back attack would be amazing. Then throw in LMJ as a change of pace guy with 4-6 carries, 2 or so screens and 10 plays where he lines up as a receiver (Darren Sproles type player)? It would be awesome.

@dland24 you have great thinking, but i belive hunter and lattimore are every down backs and there can only be 1. 

Lattimore would be dope, but nothing more than one of our late 3rd round picks at the earliest.

We are in a good position because both Hunter and LMJ are great. I think Hunter can definitely become our primary back. People worry too much about his size but he's comparable to Ray Rice or Maurice Jones-Drew. Hunter has great speed, great feet, great vision, suprises people with his power and more importantly a good blocker.

Last edited:
Im a big fan of LMJ and Hunter but I agree with dland on this one.

Lattimore has the potential to be an elite back and with as stacked as our team is we could hypothetically stash him away and trade him or Hunter for some quality talent.

I love the Gore/Hunter duo, but how many more years does Frank Gore have in him at an elite level? For how loyal he has been to us, I'd really hope we'd never trade him or release him. He stuck with us through all of the rough times/years aside from the last 2. Thats forever my RB man :frown: :frown: :frown:

I don't know who Phil Dawson is, but his stats are pretty solid, from what I've heard he's good kicking long FGs. Good to know the 49ers have a kicker going into the draft, so they won't have to rely on a rookie.

Last edited:
New kicker on deck, now hopefully when harbaugh meets boldin today he gets him to holla at ed reed

Looks like Ed Reed will sign with Houston. Not surprised we haven't been linked to him since the rumor that came out the same day we got Boldin.

Back
Top Bottom