Delete

So curious as to what moves we make this offseason and likely before/during the draft, almost feel its inevitable with all those picks.

Matt Maiocco thinks Niners will grab Zach Ertz with their 1st round or first 2nd round pick. Says Niners didn't like Fleener last year because he lacked some of the physical and blocking qualities they look for in a tight end, but that the Niners are in love with Ertz and he's everything they look for in a player. Said Harbaugh even took him out for a private dinner last week. Would be a damn good selection.

Last edited:
Matt Maiocco thinks Niners will grab Zach Ertz with their 1st round or first 2nd round pick. Says Niners didn't like Fleener last year because he lacked some of the physical and blocking qualities they look for in a tight end, but that the Niners are in love with Ertz and he's everything they look for in a player. Said Harbaugh even took him out for a private dinner last week. Would be a damn good selection.

I would love this, fits in perfectly.

Zach Ertz on a 4 year rookie deal > whatever Delanie got

Never liked Ertz :\

I really hope we aren't content with Dahl as our replacement safety :smh:

Never liked Ertz :\

I really hope we aren't content with Dahl as our replacement safety :smh:

We're not content with Dahl, he was brought in to compete for the starting FS position and his versatility, his contract says so. We got some depth at the safety positions that Baalke and Harbaugh believe can thrive when given the opportunity. Very telling niners weren't too sad when Goldson left and didn't go hard after Woodson and Reed. Of course, a draft filled with talented safeties helps with that decision as well.

We're not content with Dahl, he was brought in to compete for the starting FS position and his versatility, his contract says so. We got some depth at the safety positions that Baalke and Harbaugh believe can thrive when given the opportunity. Very telling niners weren't too sad when Goldson left and didn't go hard after Woodson and Reed. Of course, a draft filled with talented safeties helps with that decision as well.

This. Craig Dahl, CJ Spillman, Trent Robinson and whoever else they draft will all compete for the position. They could still sign Woodson or another veteran free agent too.

IMO free safety opening day will be CJ Spillman.

Last edited:
I can't really question Jimmy or Trent's moves. I trust in them to bring us that elusive trophy back where it belongs! Man, is it football season yet?

I can't really question Jimmy or Trent's moves. I trust in them to bring us that elusive trophy back where it belongs! Man, is it football season yet?

Exactly how I feel, I hesitate saying things sometimes because I'm sure our FO has a plan. Can't really doubt the people who have made us a successful franchise again for the first time in a long time.

all of my whats.

^Thats what I like to see. Hopefully the rest of the team is doing some off season working out as well.

:pimp: @ Kaep

Here's a little recap of our offseason thus far:

49ERS OFFSEASON SCORECARD
Salary cap space: $4.46 million (as of March 22)

Additions
DL Glenn Dorsey (UFA, Kansas City): 2 years/$6 million, including $2.285 million signing bonus. 2013 cap: $2.2 million
WR Anquan Boldin (trade from Baltimore, 2013 sixth-round draft pick): 1 year/$6 million. 2013 cap: $6 million
LB Dan Skuta (UFA, Cincinnati): 2 years/$3 million, including $300,000 signing bonus. 2013 cap: $1.35 million
S Craig Dahl, (UFA, St. Louis): 3 years/$5.25 million, including $700,000 signing bonus. 2013 cap: $1.78 million
K Phil Dawson (UFA, Cleveland): 1 year/$2.35 million, including $1 million signing bonus. 2013 cap: $2.35 million
WR Marlon Moore (not tendered as RFA, Miami): 1 year/$630,000 with no signing bonus. 2013 cap: $630,000

Re-signings
S Darcel McBath (UFA, not tendered as RFA): 1 year/$630,000 with no signing bonus. 2013 cap: $630,000

Extensions/Restructures
WR Mario Manningham (pay cut): 2013 cap figure lowed from $4.9 million to $2.8 million with reduction of salary to $1.8 million and elimination of $250,000 roster bonus and $100,000 workout bonus
OLB Parys Haralson (pay cut): 2013 cap figure lowered from $2.67 million to $1.15 million with reduction of salary to $1.15 million with a possible $150,000 roster bonus and $400,000 in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives
NT Ian Williams (extension through 2015): 3 years/$3.6 million, $1 million signing bonus. 2013 cap: $888,333

Subtractions
QB Alex Smith (trade to Kansas City, 2013 second-round draft pick and 2014 conditional second- or third-round pick)
S Dashon Goldson (UFA, Tampa Bay): 5 years/$41.25 million, including $17.5 million guaranteed
NT Isaac Sopoaga (UFA, Philadelphia): 3 years/$11 million, including $2 million guaranteed
TE Delanie Walker (UFA, Tennessee): 4 years/$17.5 million, including $8.6 million guaranteed
NT Ricky Jean Francois (UFA, Indianapolis): 4 years/$22 million, including $5.5 million guaranteed
WR/RS Ted Ginn (UFA, Carolina): 1 year/terms unknown
K David Akers (cut)

Unsigned free agents
OL Leonard Davis (UFA): No reported visits
LB Tavares Gooden (UFA): No reported visits
LB Larry Grant (UFA): No reported visits
LB Clark Haggans (UFA): No reported visits
WR Randy Moss (UFA): No reported visits
CB Tramaine Brock (RFA, tendered at one year, $1.323 million): No reported visits

49ers free agent visits
CB Nnamdi Asomugha, March 14 (UFA, cut by Philadelphia) Unsigned
S Louis Delmas, March 14 (UFA, Detroit) Re-signed with Detroit, March 15
S Charles Woodson, March 13 (UFA, cut by Green Bay) Unsigned
DE John Abraham, March 9 (UFA, cut by Atlanta) Unsigned
DT Cullen Jenkins, March 5 (UFA, cut by Philadelphia) Signed with New York Giants, March 10

Last edited:
Kaep doing work! Do you guys think we're done signing free agents?

Desmond Trufant is on our radar for the draft. He'd be nice.

I really think we should try to restructure Jonathan Goodwin's contract. And if he isn't willing to, cut him and let Looney and Kilgore battle it out for the starting spot. Cutting him would save a little more than $4M, although I am not sure the football gods would approve of a guy named Kilgore blocking for Gore.

I really think we should try to restructure Jonathan Goodwin's contract. And if he isn't willing to, cut him and let Looney and Kilgore battle it out for the starting spot. Cutting him would save a little more than $4M, although I am not sure the football gods would approve of a guy named Kilgore blocking for Gore.

:lol:

Was reading earlier that Nnamdi is deciding on either us or New Orleans. I think it was Maiocco saying he wouldn't require much $ either

Last edited:
I think that the fact that Nnamdi is deciding between a team that desperately needs him as a starting corner, and a team that hasnt even guaranteed him a starting spot and would make him compete with Carlos Rogers, speaks volumes.

I think that the fact that Nnamdi is deciding between a team that desperately needs him as a starting corner, and a team that hasnt even guaranteed him a starting spot and would make him compete with Carlos Rogers, speaks volumes.

I'm sure he'll start over Rogers. :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom