Delete

no money guaranteed damn, nnamdi gotta earn everything

i hope we still draft a CB wishing Trufant or the Honey Badger

Last edited:
no money guaranteed damn, nnamdi gotta earn everything

i hope we still draft a CB wishing Trufant or the Honey Badger

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
CB Nnamdi Asomugha is signing a 1-yr deal with 49ers worth $1.35 million in base salary, but get this: He didn't want ANY guaranteed money.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
CB Nnamdi Asomugha is signing a 1-yr deal with 49ers worth $1.35 million in base salary, but get this: He didn't want ANY guaranteed money.
thats way i like it. imagine if all players had non-guaranteed money contracts. low risk high reward. 

Lol there would be no NFL then. The sport is too dangerous for players not to be guaranteed money.

For that low of a price, not a bad signing...
Still dont wanna see any Eagle-like play from dude tho

Not a fan of Nnamdi but this is a no risk deal. He didnt like playing zone in Philly, wonder how hes gonna do it with us.

I like that it's a low risk signing with the no guaranteed money. Hopefully this makes the secondary better because there's finally a bigger CB on the team that has experience.

Nnamdi played FS in college before he transitioned to CB on Oakland. But after watching him play, all the terrible angles he takes and missed tackles. Not a good look putting him at FS now.

Not a fan of Nnamdi but this is a no risk deal. He didnt like playing zone in Philly, wonder how hes gonna do it with us.

Naw Niners play a lot of press man 2 over the top just like Nnamdi did in Oakland.

Last edited:
I think Nnamdi will be serviceable for us.  He's back playing in the area that he wants to be. 

Naw Niners play a lot of press man 2 over the top just like Nnamdi did in Oakland.

Still play 2 deep zone. Its still a zone system.

What Nnamdi did well in Oakland was smothering his WR, pinning him on the sideline, which isnt ideal in any zone. We're more of a keep the player in front of you, make the tackle. Safeties have to be disciplined. Not saying Nnamdi cant have success with us, but seeing how he played when they went back to Man on the Eagles, theres a reason hes getting paid what he is.

Last edited:
Not getting talked about much even in here but I'm still excited about the Glenn Dorsey acquisition. Hes gonna be doing the same things for us that he did at LSU when he was a lottery pick. Slept on signing for real.

Niners play everything bruh not just zone or press. Nnamdi just mentioned this himself on the press conference and heres whitner speaking on the acquisition:

"zone coverage," said Whitner in an interview. "When Asomugha was in Oakland, they played a lot of press, man-to-man coverage; let him get up there, use his long body, length and size to cover those wide receivers. If you look at our scheme, that's what we do. He'll get up in a lot of wide receivers' faces and have an opportunity to use our pass rush, and let those guys work for him. I believe he'll come out and have a great year with us." - donte whitner

our players, our coaches > eagles

one of the biggest strengths is that the niners adjust their schemes according to their players strengths. we're not tied to a specific scheme. this goes on both sides of the ball.

with all this said if nnamdi cant beat out rogers he might not even make the team. the dime and nickel DBs are also special teams players which nnamdi is not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom