Delete

Yeah, they do. But most is based off 2 deep zone concepts. It is what it is.

Last edited:
appreciated Alex Smiths tenure with us but I hope we expose him even if its only for a couple possessions.

Right tackle Anthony Davis agreed to a five-year contract extension through the 2019 season that includes $37.295 million in new money with $17 million in guarantees, an NFL source confirmed. Pro Football Talk first reported the deal, which was negotiated by agent Drew Rosenhaus and 49ers chief operating officer Paraag Marathe.

Davis becomes the first of the potential big-money contract extensions the 49ers hope to extend to key components of the team. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick, outside linebacker Aldon Smith, wide receiver Michael Crabtree and guard Mike Iupati all have contracts that expire after the 2014 season.
pimp.gif
1 down 4 to go

Right tackle Anthony Davis agreed to a five-year contract extension through the 2019 season that includes $37.295 million in new money with $17 million in guarantees, an NFL source confirmed. Pro Football Talk first reported the deal, which was negotiated by agent Drew Rosenhaus and 49ers chief operating officer Paraag Marathe.

Davis becomes the first of the potential big-money contract extensions the 49ers hope to extend to key components of the team. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick, outside linebacker Aldon Smith, wide receiver Michael Crabtree and guard Mike Iupati all have contracts that expire after the 2014 season.
pimp.gif
1 down 4 to go
next 7 years under team control. 

good stuff. 

both tackles signed through 2017.

Last edited:
Alex Smith having a "good year" under Norv Turner is a fallacy which was created by a couple of things.

The first being it was compared to his rookie year (a year that was arguably the worst year by any rookie QB in NFL history), so it looked good by comparison. People point to Alex being improved in 2006, but it would almost be impossible for him not to have improved from his rookie campaign.

The second being that Alex had a few good games sprinkled in a season of poor play. For some reason, those small handful of games lead some people to believe that he was vastly improved, when the fact of the matter is, he played very poorly for most of the season. In half of the games in 2006, Alex had a passer rating of under 70. He threw as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Those two things are what clouds people's memories and lead people to believe that Alex had a good season in 2006. He didnt. I dont know in what world a 74 passer rating is considered having a good year.

I don't believe anyone when they tell me they "appreciated" Alex's tenure. :lol:

He's a good guy and a professional but don't let that cloud your opinion.

I don't think anyone is going to miss him in SF (at least as a starter) so let's move on to something else...

Alex's 2nd year wasn't eye popping. But he threw 15 more TDs in his 2nd year compared to his 1st. Yes, he also threw 5 more INTs, but any one if us here would have seen that as promising. The roster was crappy with little talent. Antonio Bryant was our best WR. Antonio Bryant. Kwame Harris couldn't block for his life, the few big plays we had were negated by "HOLDING! OFFENSE! NUMBER 77! TEN YARD PENALTY! REPEAT (insert) DOWN!" And now years later we find out why he had so many holding penalties.

I'm not defending Alex's season as being good. I'm just saying based off that 2nd year he looked promising.

Alex's 2nd year wasn't eye popping. But he threw 15 more TDs in his 2nd year compared to his 1st. Yes, he also threw 5 more INTs, but any one if us here would have seen that as promising. The roster was crappy with little talent. Antonio Bryant was our best WR. Antonio Bryant. Kwame Harris couldn't block for his life, the few big plays we had were negated by "HOLDING! OFFENSE! NUMBER 77! TEN YARD PENALTY! REPEAT (insert) DOWN!" And now years later we find out why he had so many holding penalties.

I'm not defending Alex's season as being good. I'm just saying based off that 2nd year he looked promising.

For a #1 pick, I expected a lot.

I want a pass rusher from the draft and a TE that will block like delanie did and maybe catch better

For a #1 pick, I expected a lot.

Completely agree with the fact that a #1 pick shouldn't have been as disappointing as Alex was but I was curious as to who else was in that draft and aside from Rodgers, that draft class was pure doo doo.

Only players worth mentioning are Demarcus Ware, Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Frank Gore (honestly didnt know we drafted him the same year as Alex), and Justin Tuck. And I think aside from Demarcus and Aaron Rodgers obviously, theres no way those other guys were #1 pick material. In hindsight, we probably should've traded that pick and moved down and/or gotten a proven player.

I want a pass rusher from the draft and a TE that will block like delanie did and maybe catch better

Word. Although I really like that Matt Elam kid out Florida (safety) he's just too similar to Whitner. Really hope we draft Tyrann Mathieu as well.

Anyone think we'd use some of these draft picks and/or players to trade up and get Dion Jordan? (Oregons DE)

Also, if Lattimore is available in the 4th-5th round I think we should take a shot on him. Kid has the potential to be one of the best backs in the league barring injury and/or a bad attitude since he wont play right away.

Last edited:
Yall straight lying if yall werent happy about Smith's second season with Norv Turner. Either that or you werent watching then. We were projected to finish with 4 or 5 wins that season. We had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. Smith improved from his rookie season and looked promising because Norv Turner utilized his strengths, always had him rolling out of the pocket. I wouldnt of labeled him as a Good QB at the that time, but he definitely had a good second season based on the roster we had at the time.

Our schedule looks pretty tough this year... We're opening up the season against the Packers again but this time at Candlestick

Prediction time I love this! :tongue:

11-5 (NFC West 4-6)

I see a 4/5 game winning streak in there.

Last edited:
Wondering if Harbaugh uses the NO / WAS back to back as the Youngstown, OH bonding trip? Makes sense to eliminate the cross country trip.

I might try and go to the skins game... I had a good time when they played each other 2 years ago... A lot of 9er fans there... Hopefully tickets aren't outrageous

Back
Top Bottom