Delete

Armed with 13 picks -- including a total of seven selections in Rounds 2 through 5 -- the San Francisco 49ers could be the wild card of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Jeremiah: Top 50 draft prospects
How do the best players in the 2013 draft stack up against each other? Daniel Jeremiah presents his definitive top 50. More ...

One general manager told Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports that he believes the 49ers are interested in trading up from No. 31 overall to the 13th or 14th spot.

This might be little more than dot-connecting, as the 49ers simply don't have the roster space for more than a half-dozen rookies. As one of a handful of NFL teams currently enjoying a wide-open Super Bowl window, it makes sense to leverage the extra picks for a difference-maker or two to help put the 49ers over the top.

Around The League's Marc Sessler suggested talented West Virginia playmaker Tavon Austin could be in the 49ers' sights, as coach Jim Harbaugh has been at a high number of wide receiver workouts.

The talk around the NFL, according to Cole, is that 49ers general manager Trent Baalke would like to get a defensive lineman who eventually can step in for 33-year-old Justin Smith. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believes Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei could be a target if he slides out of the top 10 Thursday night.

With so many teams interested in trading down, it's a buyers' market for the 49ers.

Interesting.

I can definitely see us trading up if need be, but I don't see it being for Tavon Austin... We have holes on defense that need to be looked at plus we have a pretty good core of WR's

Lotululei would be sick for you guys, especially since you're going to have to replace Smith in a couple years...

mike rumph and phillip buchannan at The U were gods.
I was big on the U during their run and I was super stoked when we drafted him. Bought his jersey after he was drafted and the rest is history just like him when he tried to defend people.
Rumph
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Not gonna lie, I thought he was gonna pan out
roll.gif
I remember hearing them announce they selected him and going nooooooooo. Lito Sheppard was supposed to be the corner they were gonna take but then Eagles took him just 1 spot before
mean.gif

No offense but the name "Mike Rumph" already sounded like a bust from the get go
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Him and Ahmed Plummer part of that "shut-down" tandem at corners (sarcasm) for the 2002 Niners squad
nthat.gif

I thought Buchannan was gonna be a stud too but guess his career was doomed the moment he was taken by the Raiders
mean.gif
plummer was more than serviceable, just got hurt a lot =\

anyone, was better than jason webster though. 

Jason Webster. Wow. :lol: I remember I went to a game against the Lions in 2001 and his picture was on the ticket stub. Horrible.

Armed with 13 picks -- including a total of seven selections in Rounds 2 through 5 -- the San Francisco 49ers could be the wild card of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Jeremiah: Top 50 draft prospects
How do the best players in the 2013 draft stack up against each other? Daniel Jeremiah presents his definitive top 50. More ...

One general manager told Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports that he believes the 49ers are interested in trading up from No. 31 overall to the 13th or 14th spot.

This might be little more than dot-connecting, as the 49ers simply don't have the roster space for more than a half-dozen rookies. As one of a handful of NFL teams currently enjoying a wide-open Super Bowl window, it makes sense to leverage the extra picks for a difference-maker or two to help put the 49ers over the top.

Around The League's Marc Sessler suggested talented West Virginia playmaker Tavon Austin could be in the 49ers' sights, as coach Jim Harbaugh has been at a high number of wide receiver workouts.

The talk around the NFL, according to Cole, is that 49ers general manager Trent Baalke would like to get a defensive lineman who eventually can step in for 33-year-old Justin Smith. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believes Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei could be a target if he slides out of the top 10 Thursday night.

With so many teams interested in trading down, it's a buyers' market for the 49ers.

With him being projected a 10th - 15th pick, do you think San Francisco would consider drafting Kenny Vaccaro if they had the opportunity? Would love to see him become a future staple in the Niner secondary. Keep in mind there are no rumors or reports on this, its all just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
That was a good defense, better offense.

It's a shame their mild success only lasted two years.

Yea, it all went south when they whacked Steve Mariucci; and only to replace him with Dennis Erickson :smh: :stoneface:

I thought that 2001 team that went 12-4 was good enough to go on a SB run but with their crappy luck; the Rams were 14-2 that year so 49ers had to be the wild card and go on the road at Green Bay who was still invincible at home in the playoffs at that point |I

Im pumped for tomorrow..Pizza and beer on deck..

Same here except without the beer :lol: I wanted to call out of work but my boss is on vacation :smh: I'm excited to see what the 9ers will do... Supposedly we going for the Jets 13th pick... I want Tavon or Star!

Milliner is my grail in this draft, but not gonna get my hopes that high. Be Sick if Starlite falls to us. I'd be happy with Tavon though.

Last edited:
damn a lot of rumors going around niners want to trade up and grab sheldon richardson!! what a SICK pick that would be!! :smokin

The Jets are the obvious trading partner with them at #13. According to the score chart the 31st and 34th are equivalent to #13, but with the Jets having holes EVERYWHERE I wonder if we can leverage that to 31st and 61st picks instead.

The Jets are the obvious trading partner with them at #13. According to the score chart the 31st and 34th are equivalent to #13, but with the Jets having holes EVERYWHERE I wonder if we can leverage that to 31st and 61st picks instead.

I would totally do that, 31 and 34 seems a bit much

I really hope that we can use a couple of picks to package for a high pick next year too.  Having that additional 2/3 for #11 is already nice.  Having yet another one would be REALLY nice.  Its cool that we have all these extra 5ths, 6ths, and 7ths this year....but how often do those picks really turn out. 

I want us to draft Barkevious Mingo.....but honestly, its mostly because I like his name.

We dont really need the services of Travon. Already have 4 slot receivers, dont need another one. Got LMJ doing the other stuff he does as well. I like him as a player though.

The only reason I see us going for Austin is because of the free agent wr's we're gonna have after this season... Who knows what their plans are on who they gonna keep...So I can see Austin being a backup plan who would know the way we play after 1 season

damn a lot of rumors going around niners want to trade up and grab sheldon richardson!! what a SICK pick that would be!! :smokin

Been hearing this too the past few days. I'd prefer Starlite, think hes more versatile and definitely better at stuffing the run. Dudes quick and I think he'd be nasty with what we run on D. Doubt he'd be available by 13 though. Sheldon will still be there at 13.

Back
Top Bottom