Deleting your Facebook?

I don't feel the need to delete my facebook, it's not more of a distraction than anything else. I have the attention span of a tsetse fly, I'm going to find pointless things to read regardless of whether I have a fb or not
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Originally Posted by soleKINGericJ

...and all the pics I have that are only on FB.
U can backup everything off your Facebook to a folder on your cpu. I've never tried it but i know it's an option.
how do you do this?

U can backup everything off your Facebook to a folder on your cpu. I've never tried it but i know it's an option.
how do you do this?

i just use it for family thats far away and the bishes.

mainly for the bishes. last 5 smashes were off fb. cant do it, ill just wait for it to pull a "myspace". and fucc a twitter, after fb, im done with social sites.

i just use it for family thats far away and the bishes.

mainly for the bishes. last 5 smashes were off fb. cant do it, ill just wait for it to pull a "myspace". and fucc a twitter, after fb, im done with social sites.

Only reason I keep mine is because I go to school out-of-state, in another region of the country.

Only reason I keep mine is because I go to school out-of-state, in another region of the country.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

All i have to say is: what type of "friends" are yall adding on facebook that's making you delete your profile? lol

I mean seriously, this post comes up like every month/week on NT.  I use it to keep in touch with friends and family.

if you don't like the people, then simply delete them or hide their status update. (Or don't even add them in the first place)

this...my dad is on my FB & multiple people from my church...older and younger...

its FB i have nothing to hide and enough common sense to not put up anything i wouldn't say around the people i'm friends with...no drunk pics or anything like that

Originally Posted by lyle

stop trying to demonize a website cus you jaded and instead go get some self control. yall r silly. especially the cat above me with over 10,000 posts on an internet message board about SHOES talking about "waste of time/life".

im all about my facebook but i can live without it, so i dont need to prove anything to anyone by deleting it as if i'm above all the mindless sheeple
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 so true

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

All i have to say is: what type of "friends" are yall adding on facebook that's making you delete your profile? lol

I mean seriously, this post comes up like every month/week on NT.  I use it to keep in touch with friends and family.

if you don't like the people, then simply delete them or hide their status update. (Or don't even add them in the first place)

this...my dad is on my FB & multiple people from my church...older and younger...

its FB i have nothing to hide and enough common sense to not put up anything i wouldn't say around the people i'm friends with...no drunk pics or anything like that

Originally Posted by lyle

stop trying to demonize a website cus you jaded and instead go get some self control. yall r silly. especially the cat above me with over 10,000 posts on an internet message board about SHOES talking about "waste of time/life".

im all about my facebook but i can live without it, so i dont need to prove anything to anyone by deleting it as if i'm above all the mindless sheeple
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 so true

Last year one of my bros who doesn't have a FB said to me "Why do you have a facebook? Half of the people you don't care about and don't want them in your business anyway. Makes no sense. You can be reading or bettering yourself." Homie is now on wall street
laugh.gif

Whenever im procrastinating I think of that and deleting my FB. Has'nt happened tho
laugh.gif

Last year one of my bros who doesn't have a FB said to me "Why do you have a facebook? Half of the people you don't care about and don't want them in your business anyway. Makes no sense. You can be reading or bettering yourself." Homie is now on wall street
laugh.gif

Whenever im procrastinating I think of that and deleting my FB. Has'nt happened tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

how do you do this?

Click on Account > Account Settings > Download Your Information

how do you do this?

how do you do this?

It takes some hours for everything to compile, but they email u when it's ready to download. Everything is backed up!
eek.gif
wow

Kinda scary too
laugh.gif

how do you do this?

It takes some hours for everything to compile, but they email u when it's ready to download. Everything is backed up!
eek.gif
wow

Kinda scary too
laugh.gif

People say have self control but you can't always help how you are portrayed to others on the internet.

I deleted my facebook 9 months ago basically because it will ruin your relationships. I would go out see friends and end up in 10000 picture because girls love pictures. So i would casually go out 1 night each weekend and then my entire photo album would be me at a bar. I didn't want people to think poorly of me given my new job. Didn't want my girl at the time to think i was doing anything wrong because i would be in nothing but pictures with drunk girls. But since i never take pictures in every day situations because i hate pictures it made it seem like I was an alcoholic womanizer.......so i just deleted my facebook.

It is also a breath of fresh air when you meet a new person and know they aren't on facebook stalking you to see what kind of person you are so they can pre judge you and make wild assumptions about the kind of person you are. I think the older you get the less you need/want facebook anyway. Seems like a kids tool now a days.

Spoiler [+]
First Post back from Banned Camp 
images

People say have self control but you can't always help how you are portrayed to others on the internet.

I deleted my facebook 9 months ago basically because it will ruin your relationships. I would go out see friends and end up in 10000 picture because girls love pictures. So i would casually go out 1 night each weekend and then my entire photo album would be me at a bar. I didn't want people to think poorly of me given my new job. Didn't want my girl at the time to think i was doing anything wrong because i would be in nothing but pictures with drunk girls. But since i never take pictures in every day situations because i hate pictures it made it seem like I was an alcoholic womanizer.......so i just deleted my facebook.

It is also a breath of fresh air when you meet a new person and know they aren't on facebook stalking you to see what kind of person you are so they can pre judge you and make wild assumptions about the kind of person you are. I think the older you get the less you need/want facebook anyway. Seems like a kids tool now a days.

Spoiler [+]
First Post back from Banned Camp 
images

Its crazy how serious Facebook sounds from most of you. I just check news feeds...status updates and game up half the time. Can't be that bad.

Its crazy how serious Facebook sounds from most of you. I just check news feeds...status updates and game up half the time. Can't be that bad.

Back
Top Bottom