*| | Denim _ School | |*

like I mentioned before, I like a 6.25-6.5" leg opening which is pretty hard to find unless you have a 27"

waist. So I buy the denim that fits me good in the waist and thighs and get them tapered. It will save you a lot of time versus trying to find the perfect fit. And for the $30 the tailor I go to charges it's well worth it

finally had a chance to drop off my Onis at Self Edge to get the chain stitching redone. can't wait to get them back in a few days

Couldn't find a tailor that would taper from inseam... my luck

there's always railcar

Got my Nudie Lean Dean dark light today, they're considered a slim fit for reference

As soon as I pulled them out of the bag the legs looked a bit slimmer than expected

I used the virtual size guide to determine my size and desired fit and it said the leg opening is 7"

I measured the leg opening on my pair at ~6.5" which I think is grossly different for a leg opening...they're borderline paint on status on me and I don't do squats

They're 99% cotton and 1% elastane so I don't expect them to stretch like a pair of raws and even if the did the stretching in the width of the legs would be minimal with exception of the knees possibly

Has anyone experienced sizing inconsistencies with Nudie??

Yes. I don't order nudies online unless the price is too good and I can easily return. The same fit will have inconsistent sizes. I have grim tims that are skinny and then some that are just slim.

b

From where bro ?

allsaints.com

Use code: NEWYEAR for additional 20% off

Ordered another pair of these from All Saints for $87 shipped. That double up is a major key

How do these fit? Normal waist sizing?

How do these fit? Normal waist sizing?

They are skinny fit, not really stretchy, skinny leg, and narrow hem.

Looks like this when worn. I'm surprised I even fit into them always been a slim/tapered guy.

TTS on waist.

Yes. I don't order nudies online unless the price is too good and I can easily return. The same fit will have inconsistent sizes. I have grim tims that are skinny and then some that are just slim.
allsaints.com

Use code: NEWYEAR for additional 20% off

I need 36" inseam and I checked many other sites and don't think I found a single one outside of nudiejeans.com that offered a 36" inseam

I need 36" inseam and I checked many other sites and don't think I found a single one outside of nudiejeans.com that offered a 36" inseam

Yeah 34" is the standard and some offer a 32" too, but 36" will be considered speciality. Nudie may be your best bet.

Try using heddels scout for raw denim searches. The website search is kind of wonky but I think it's the only site that searches specifically for denim. It replaced rawr denim scout for those that are familiar with it.

i was specifically looking for nudies prewashed jeans in a 36" inseam to clarify...i'm aware of other brands that offer longer inseams that are pretty easily accessible

all other websites i checked for nudies did not offer 36" inseam...at least on the styles/washes i checked

so i bit the bullet and ordered from Sweden but unfortunately they ended up being skinnier than what the virtual size guide said...perhaps to skinny

tried them on again and took pictures and then measured

waist - 17.8"
hip - 20.4"
inseam - 36"
front rise - 8.9"
back rise - 14.1"
thigh - 12.3"
knee - 7.7"
leg opening 7"

here is what I measured following the method used in the virtual size guide:

waist - 17.25"
hip - 20"
inseam - 35"
front rise - 8.5"
back rise - 13"
thigh - 11.125"
knee - 7.5"
leg opening 6.375"

crumps brother crumps brother I see what you're saying about being too skinny. The jeans have a sharp taper, but that is because you have wider waist/hips. Try wearing them with a longer shirt and it'll look better. Maybe a shirt that doesn't have a european cut.

The wash is nice tho. How much will it cost to send them back? Might be worth it just to keep them.

Ordered some Nudies from the sale. We'll see how off they are when they come in. But for the most part whoever said the same style and same size doesn't have the same fit measurements isn't lying! May be due to different weight of the material? Its weird. All of my Grim Tim Nudies fit differently.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

crumps brother crumps brother I see what you're saying about being too skinny. The jeans have a sharp taper, but that is because you have wider waist/hips. Try wearing them with a longer shirt and it'll look better. Maybe a shirt that doesn't have a european cut.

The wash is nice tho. How much will it cost to send them back? Might be worth it just to keep them.
I was still wearing my dress shirt from work in the pics...and I'm not standing up straight in the second pic because I was dodging the shower curtain pole while standing on the bath tub ledge :lol:

It would cost about $25 to send them back at cheapest/slowest rate

I emailed them, hoping they can reimburse me the shipping cost since I feel the item is a bit misrepresented...it's not realistic to expect the specs to be exact but w/ the leg opening being .625" smaller than the size guide stated that's a bit too much variance...I have to consider them shrinking when washing as well

Ordered some Nudies from the sale. We'll see how off they are when they come in. But for the most part whoever said the same style and same size doesn't have the same fit measurements isn't lying! May be due to different weight of the material? Its weird. All of my Grim Tim Nudies fit differently.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

That was me. Yep every Grim Tim has a different fit and cut. Super inconsistent and discourages me to buy them online.

I was still wearing my dress shirt from work in the pics...and I'm not standing up straight in the second pic because I was dodging the shower curtain pole while standing on the bath tub ledge :lol:

It would cost about $25 to send them back at cheapest/slowest rate

I emailed them, hoping they can reimburse me the shipping cost since I feel the item is a bit misrepresented...it's not realistic to expect the specs to be exact but w/ the leg opening being .625" smaller than the size guide stated that's a bit too much variance...I have to consider them shrinking when washing as well

Ah, that explains it. I do the same thing too when I get a fresh pair of jeans. :lol:

Keep us posted fam.

I miss my cuffs, man. I have a few pair of selvedge denim but they've been tailored from the inseam and look mad goofy. I'm here reading through the thread like

Here is a side by side of my 1969's. I wore the right pair daily for 10 months and 3 washes. fades are decent since I know gap selvage aren't the best for fades. The side by sides definitely surprised me with the progress.

Fit pics? I'm running into the strong thigh and *** problem with a size 30 waist. Gonna have to retire my Raleighs for the time being which really sucks. They are super nice.

Just going to get something cheap until i stop getting bigger. I heard those gap jeans are good and I heard Levi's 522 are alright too. Not trying to drop another 250 on jeans I'll outgrow again.

I want something with a mild taper with bigger thighs for under 100 bucks.

cakeddout cakeddout

Last edited:
I'm a big dude (sz36-38) depending on the Jean. But these were the best fitting pair for my size. I forever know the problem of thigh rub hahah. All my jeans go out from a blowout eventually. A huge plus for me with these were already tapered enough because being bigger and finding a jean that doesn't need a taper from the knee down is rare. The leg opening is around 7.5 in, I prefer a 7in opening but these will do. Just as a heads up these are gaps selvedge skinny fit. I say you should order a pair and try them on plus returning them is really easy. Occasionally they have their selvedge on sale so I got both of these for 50% each time.

Back
Top Bottom