*| | Denim _ School | |*

I asked this about a year ago but I don't remember getting an answer for it so I'll try again...

I'm looking for a pair that fits somewhat similar to my Levis 511s... Would APC new standards or petite standards work out well for me? And since I wear a 28 in my Levis, it looks like I should be ordering a 26 in APCs, correct?
I've also read that Nudies Grim Tims might work out for me and should probably order a 27 in those?
Are there any other suggestions? I want a good pair of starter jeans since the last pair of raw denim I got was way back in highschool and those were some less-than-optimal-fitting Evisus (I'm pretty out of the loop now at 23 years old
laugh.gif
)
I know the best way to figure out a good fit would be to try them on, and I'm sure there are plenty of places near me that sell denim (Orange County) but I've done plenty of googling and can't seem to find a good spot. Any store suggestions would be appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks fambs.

Nothing wrong with Nudies shaun, noit sure what type of fit you need but I'd suggest easy emil. Other jeans I recomment would be RRL, and Spurr. Thats what I've been wearing as of late.

RJ- That popping sound is just from the jeans being new, especially if they are selvedge denim, that will go away as you wear them. Dont' size down if they fit well.

So, I soaked my Nudies, and they're fitting much better now and I'm noticing I'm getting some honeycombs and imprints from where I put my wallet, phone, etc.

Anything I can do about the inseam? I'm a 32 length but my nudies are 34. I always go with a 1" cuff but other than that is there anything I could do?

^
I think the majority of people just wait until all the fading and washing is done on their jeans and hem them to what length they want.  I don't know much about Nudies, if they don't shrink then you could probably just get it hemmed now.

The progress on my RRL's has been good
smokin.gif
.  Stacking has been great.  When they get washed in the spring they should have awesome whiskering near the pockets and on the legs.

I'll probably look for a more straight leg pair soon.  Slim jeans look weird when worn with bulky outerwear and boots.

Fair enough. Anyone know of any coupons on either self edge or Tobi? I'm looking to buy another pair of Nudies or a pair of naked and famous.

Slim jeans do look odd with outerwear jackets and boots. All my jeans are slim fitting or are tapered at the bottom except my Nudies (I got the average Joes). And they look weird when I wear boots and a coat. Jus curious but how many of you guys cuff your jeans and how much? On my Nudies I go 1" cuff but all my other jeans I do a 1/2" cuff.

they shrink down pretty much the same.

depending on length of soak, water temp, you're looking at about 2-3 inches in length, and 1 or 2 in the waist, but the waist will stretch back out, for the most part, with wear.

I have both regular 501 STF's and a pair of Levi LVC '47 501's and, while they fit completely different, the actual amount of shrinking is similar.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Fair enough. Anyone know of any coupons on either self edge or Tobi? I'm looking to buy another pair of Nudies or a pair of naked and famous.

Slim jeans do look odd with outerwear jackets and boots. All my jeans are slim fitting or are tapered at the bottom except my Nudies (I got the average Joes). And they look weird when I wear boots and a coat. Jus curious but how many of you guys cuff your jeans and how much? On my Nudies I go 1" cuff but all my other jeans I do a 1/2" cuff.

nudie.jpg

Originally Posted by maldonado

they shrink down pretty much the same.

depending on length of soak, water temp, you're looking at about 2-3 inches in length, and 1 or 2 in the waist, but the waist will stretch back out, for the most part, with wear.

I have both regular 501 STF's and a pair of Levi LVC '47 501's and, while they fit completely different, the actual amount of shrinking is similar.
Yeah, I was reading a website and it basically said what you said.  It shrinks a couple of inches but will stretch out.  I was confused and thought people should order their regular size then because it evens out.

I still need to get a new pait of APC NC
Getting tired of my NS

heres a fit pic of my NS. This was about... 12 month in?
(Im now at around 14 month)

nf64cj.jpg

^
Nice !

Levi's or Denim Heads. 

I'm in need finding info for a specific item that I just obtained. 

( I've searched everywhere for info, on Google & eBay.. No Luck.. )

Levi's 
Size: 30 x 32 Mens

Color:  
Blackish Purple Base / Pink Splatter all over. 

Leather Label Patch : 

( Reads ) 

Grand Silver Medal 

Awarded by Mechanic Institute

Silver Medal Awarded by Cal State Fair

BG 6L-6R

Levi's Pocket Tab: 

Silver / Pink Levi's Stitching

Inside Tag : 

( Reads )

Made in U.S.A 

134 S21

515 028 80029-5

40550-4185

Thanks in advance
!

Random question for you guys. I've worn my nudies a good amount of times and soaked them, and now they don't really bleed too much. All I've been wearing is black or dark gray based sneakers with them anyway. Question is, do any of you guys know first hand if Pearl Foams can be bled on? Every stain I've ever had on my foams easily comes off but I was curious if anyone had any first hand experiences before I do it.  Figured I'd post here before I post in that shoe maintenance thread.
Also, strongly considering copping some UO Unbranded.  Any feedback on those? It's either those or pull the trigger on a pair of APC's which I really want to get but idk where to get them from. 

can anyone recommend me something in a light wash, similar to PRPS? I'm not trying to spend $300 though since I'm looking to buy a house.

the raw Barracuda's I bought last year are taking forever to do their thing
I like these used 501's on eBay but you don't really know what you'd be getting for $45 but the distressing is nice; I guess they are vintage STF's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17068075030...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_4199wt_1112

heads up, any1 know where i can get some A.P.C's in Las Vegas? Gonna hit the strip at the end of the month and i was wondering if there are any denim spots i could hit up..thnx

Okay guys, I'm new to this whole "good" denim thing. I bought a pair of unbranded slim selvedge jeans from Urban Outfitters to get a feel for it and I'm really liking them so far. The only problem I have with them is that they are a 34 length so I have to cuff them a little or they bag up at my feet.

I'm wondering if the Nudies are all one length as well, or do they come in different lengths? Ideally I'd like to get a Slim Jim in a size 32 W x 32 L.

Also what's the best way to go about shrinking? Put them in the washer then dryer or just soak in hot water and then put them in the dryer? Or hang-dry? I'm guessing these questions have been asked a few times, but it would be much appreciated if someone could help out.

Finally, kiyab is there an NT discount on Self Edge? If so that would be dope.

what's the purpose of a soak? I love my nudies right now, and i'm scared if i soak them it won't be the same.

Also, is the purpose of a wash to bring the fades out?

enlighten me denim gods

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Originally Posted by bjamez20

How much do LVC 47 501s shrink compared to the cheap ones?

anyone?
I have a pair of lvc 54 501s and the waist shrank an inch or two (but breaking in the jeans stretched the waist back to normal).
The length of the jeans shrank ~ 3 inches.

47s might be different since they are a different cut. Best bet is to look in the lvc thread on superfuture

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

what's the purpose of a soak? I love my nudies right now, and i'm scared if i soak them it won't be the same.

Also, is the purpose of a wash to bring the fades out?

enlighten me denim gods

-some ppl soak to get the excess dye out early. Others do it so they can shrinking out of the way if they have unsanforized denim. Another reason is because there denim is getting smelly so they just soak it instead of washing it.

-washing removes more dye than just soaking. If you have been wearing your denim long enough you will be able to see the contrast more after a wash.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Okay guys, I'm new to this whole "good" denim thing. I bought a pair of unbranded slim selvedge jeans from Urban Outfitters to get a feel for it and I'm really liking them so far. The only problem I have with them is that they are a 34 length so I have to cuff them a little or they bag up at my feet.

I'm wondering if the Nudies are all one length as well, or do they come in different lengths? Ideally I'd like to get a Slim Jim in a size 32 W x 32 L.

Also what's the best way to go about shrinking? Put them in the washer then dryer or just soak in hot water and then put them in the dryer? Or hang-dry? I'm guessing these questions have been asked a few times, but it would be much appreciated if someone could help out.

Finally, kiyab is there an NT discount on Self Edge? If so that would be dope.

Most raw denim come in one inseam regardless of waist because it's easy to cut off if needed.
I know the smaller waist Nudies have a choice of 32 or 34 inseam, not too sure on your waist.
If you buy from Self Edge, you can just ask them to hem to the inseam you want before they ship the jeans out.

Back
Top Bottom