Derrick Rose Is Overrated

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Dude's playing hurt and here come the ridiculousness...

- Overrated
- Never saw the hype
- He's not better than so and so

When he goes off this year when he gets healthy...I want you to be sure to resurrect this post.

Chill That Makes Toooooo Much Sense G... This thread is absolutely hilarious.
Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

1. he's not 100% healthy.
2. he's only playing about 30 minutes per game.
3. we're 7 games into the season.
/thread

This man is playing out there with an achilles tendon issue that kept him out most of the preseason not some sprained ankle and y'all claim he's overrated after 7 games
laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

He is overrated here in Chicago. These homer bulls fans I live near already claiming he's better than d-wil and cp3.

Personally he's not even top 5

cp3
Deron
Tony parker
Chauncey
rondo
steve Nash

In no particular order but those 6. >rose

You do realize that you're comparing a 2yr pg to the like of those who have been in the league atleast 3yrs prior to him... and not only that have very reliable components, all stars even around them. The fact that he's even in that conversation says a lot about the kid off rip. Lets just look at who each of these players are playing with for a second shall we?

Chris: David West (all star down year early but all star 17 and 10 easily) Peja (one of the best shooters in the league coaches will never not account for him on the court at all times) Thus he has someone to spread the floor with their outside shooting and someone who can and will bang down low.

Deron: Carlos Boozer (Same as above only add on another 5 points) Shooter: Okur, Korver Slashers: AK, Brewer and throw in Millsap somewhere

Tony: Do I really have to say it??? Best power forward in the history of the game

Chauncey: My guy but he's playing with the best pure scorer in the L right now along with another scorer in Jr and two bigs downlow that enjoy doing dirty work and playing defense.

Rondo: Do I really have to say it??? 3 Hall's: Top 5 power forward in the history of the game, arguably the best shooter in the history of the game (not sayin he is but you can make a case) One of the most versatile and biggest match up problems at the 3 in a while

Nash: Do I really have to say it??? He's played with another dominant all star his entire career, whether it was Dirk and Finley in Dallas or Amare and the Matrix in Phoenix.

Now am I trying to take anything away from these players??? HELL NO because they're all incredibly talented, but before you go throwing Pooh under the bus like this look who he has to help him out there. Those other PG's up there have it a helluvalot easier than Pooh has in his year and 7 games. Half of the team don't want to give him the ball due to their own ego's the other half can't do +%#! out there. Point being y'all are tweeking.

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point. As you can see I said that people that live near me/bulls fans/homers say he's better than thoseguys I named. I never compared him to them for the reasons you stated. Experience and talent around him.

Originally Posted by SeaJays

^^and Aaron Brooks
Do us a favor and off yourself.

Derrick isn't 100% right now...he can drive to the rack but he does so cautiously. When he's 100 percent, you'll regret ever saying this.

people on NT go out there way to protect their favorite players.

so, now rose plays with a younger team that has no offense. he's playing hurt and all of this. some of you are the main ones protecting him for his sorryplay to start the season and you get on me about protecting some of the players on my team for the same reasons.
laugh.gif

rose will be fine in later time, but don't make excuses for him now.

derrick rose is like barack obama, all the love and hype but i'm still waiting for results......

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I think dudes are just too excited that basketball is back. Because we're like 9 games into the season and people are already saying some of the most ridiculous thing and formulating ridiculous opinions.

Calm down...this is not the NFL. You can't tell #!#! about what's going on after the first few weeks of the season.

no way D-Rose is overrated he is already one of the best point guards in the league.

Defitnely the most athletic PG!!!

I wouldn't say OVERRATED but his basketball IQ definitely isn't up there yet. He doesn't always take the best shots and isn't a great playmaker either. IMO he has a long way to go in terms of making the right bball decisions on the court...

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i know its early, but where has he shown improvement? 13.7 ppg, 5.7 assists. is he making the team better? NTers seem to believe he is an elite PG (some of y'alls top 5) again, its early, but aaron brooks has been the better player since rose's game 1 explosion. (brooks is avg 19 and 7 on a rocket team that will compete for a playoff spot) Discuss

smh. derrick rose is sick as hell. id say give him time. amazing athlete.

the whole argument of "he's one of the best PG in the league" because "he's potentially going to be one of the best PG in theleague" isn't enough to convince me that he's "one of the best PG in the league" now.......

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I think he's good, but not as good as people hype him up to be.
This.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

rose will be fine in later time, but don't make excuses for him now.
And this.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

the whole argument of "he's one of the best PG in the league" because "he's potentially going to be one of the best PG in the league" isn't enough to convince me that he's "one of the best PG in the league" now.......

Overrated for what? I dont think no one ever put him top 5.

and some of you talk like you guys never watched the Celtics - Bulls series...I'm surprised here.

Originally Posted by amel223

I've watched every single Bulls game so far and I really don't like what I'm seeing from him.

The bright spot is that he gets his points in spurts, and it's usually in the 4th quarter. For the rest of the game he is really passive. It's almost as if he's afraid to take shots because he doesn't want to look like a ball hog lol.

The downside is that he's not driving and getting to the lane. I think it has more to do with teams figuring him out plus his non-aggressive nature than his injury, which I think is pretty much almost 100 percent. Teams are switching on the pick and rolls and daring Rose to challenge the big man, but Rose hardly ever takes advantage and pulls up instead of taking him to the rim. Also, when Rose does drive, help is always there. Every team so far are doing a great job of blocking the lanes to the basket and forcing him to pass it or shoot outside. I think this is where I miss Ben Gordon the most. I hated BG because I thought he was a black hole on offense, but at the very least he helped open up the lanes for Rose so he can get to the basket. Now the paint is significantly more attentive to Rose and he's yet to adjust.

Since he's such a chill guy he's not going to force the issue when there's help, he's going to swing it, and this is where he's going to have to change. He has to learn to throw his body in there when there's help instead of kicking it out. I have more faith in him drawing a foul or miraculously making a shot than John Salmons hitting a perimeter shot, smh. However, it seems like he's not going to do that anytime soon, for any of the reasons below:

1-His ankle is still not 100 percent. If this is true, then why not shut it down now and wait till your better. No need to go through a season playing ball hurt like D Wade did, only to have to shut it down later when it gets too much.

2-He doesn't like contact. During his rookie year he didn't average many free throws a game. I was thinking it was because he was a rookie, he's not going to get calls, but this year, there's no excuse for that and he's still not getting to the line. Now I'm wondering, given his personality if he's ever going to be the kinda guard to average 10 ft's a game like AI did, or like D Wade does...those dudes love to throw their bodies in there but when Rose drives he throws up a floater or he uses just enough of his body to protect the ball but he doesn't initate the contact. I'm hoping it's cuz of his supposed ankle injury as opposed to his nonchalant nature. Cuz if it's the latter, this is going to be a long career for Rose.

3-He's just warming up and he's just biding his time to slam his foot on the gas. I think it's likely. I never followed Rose in Memphis but from what I heard, his whole season at Memphis he took a backseat to some other dude on the team and didn't really start taking over games until much, much later into his freshman year. He needed Calipari to tell him to start playing more aggressive before he started playing like a number 1 NBA prospect. Maybe a part of him is waiting for VDN to give him the same green light, which I don't think he has.

All in all, I've been pretty disappointed in D Rose so far. I'm just hoping this nonchalance thing about him is a temporary thing with him and not a recurring problem for the rest of his career.

this. is he still hurt? very well could be. but dudes whole mentality in the 4th is to sit back and watch. it was like that in the clutch against KU. and asfar as it being too early, dudes lack of production isnt based on a shooting slump, its a lack of aggressiveness. the majority of the stars in the league haveit figured out by year 2. i'm saying he hasnt figured it out.

Just a slow start, I'm not worried Rose is the goods.

And why are people laughing about Aaron Brooks? Obviously they aren't in the same conversation but kid is doin' work along with Ariza/Battier.

D.rose as someone said, isn't a deft play maker and despite his supreme athletic ability, is not playing by the rim as much as most of us expect him too.Yes he's young, and he may be injured,and yes the season is young.

But,we can only go by what we have seen,seeing as we can't predict the future so, with that in mind, he isn't performing up to expectations, and it hasa whole lot to do with BG.

D.rose as someone said, isn't a deft play maker and despite his supreme athletic ability, is not playing by the rim as much as most of us expect him too.Yes he's young, and he may be injured,and yes the season is young.

But,we can only go by what we have seen,seeing as we can't predict the future so, with that in mind, he isn't performing up to expectations, and it hasa whole lot to do with BG.

Somone made an excellent point about Derrick Rose, last year when he was healthy he only got to the line 3 times per 36 minutes.

For somebody who is supremely athletic, that is flat out horrible and makes me reconsider if he will ever reach his enormous potential, becuase fact of thematter is great points from the beginning no how to get to the rim and draw fouls maybe they get better at it as theygo throughout there career but you know pretty early on if they got it or they don't. John Stockton got to the line at a higher rate that rose did in hisrookie year. Isiah Thomas got to the lie double the rate Derrick Rose did in his rookie year same with CP3.

Danm Bob Cousy got to the stripe 6 a game in his rookie year.

I understand he is injured but even in hi rookie year the same problem persisted, that is a red flag.

Back
Top Bottom