Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Westbrook will be higher if he keeps this up for the rest of the year.

What's westbrook's doing better than drose?

His statline:

22.7 pts, 8.1 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 28 percent from 3, 44 percent overall field goal percentage, 11 blocks total for the season, 2 steals a game

Drose's statline:

24.3 pts, 8.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 38 percent from 3, 46 percent overall fg percentage, 17 blocks total for the season, 1 steal a game

So westbrook is getting more steals a game, big deal. 
They're point guards and you bring up blocks? What about getting to the ft line, which Westbrook has 248 (8 per game) and Rose has 147 (5.25), and Russell shoots them better at 87% to Rose's 76%

I'm not even saying Russell is definitively, I think they're close enough you can argue either way, but funny you cherrypicked those stats and left some out too.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Westbrook will be higher if he keeps this up for the rest of the year.

What's westbrook's doing better than drose?

His statline:

22.7 pts, 8.1 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 28 percent from 3, 44 percent overall field goal percentage, 11 blocks total for the season, 2 steals a game

Drose's statline:

24.3 pts, 8.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 38 percent from 3, 46 percent overall fg percentage, 17 blocks total for the season, 1 steal a game

So westbrook is getting more steals a game, big deal. 
They're point guards and you bring up blocks? What about getting to the ft line, which Westbrook has 248 (8 per game) and Rose has 147 (5.25), and Russell shoots them better at 87% to Rose's 76%

I'm not even saying Russell is definitively, I think they're close enough you can argue either way, but funny you cherrypicked those stats and left some out too.

All you have to do is think about switching roles.

If you put Westbrook on the Bulls, we wouldn't be a better team, same as Chris Paul.

But if you put Rose on THOSE teams ...

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I just find it laughable that people put Rondo over Rose. The Bulls would be worse than the Cavs if Rondo and Rose switched places.
And you know this, how?  We're now at the point where if Rondo was on any other team besides the C's, they'd be garbage?  Jesus...talking about getting no respect
30t6p3b.gif
  He's one of the best PGs in the NBA, and while he does have his faults w. his shooting, he makes up for it with his play-making ability and defense.
because the last time he played without three HOF'ers it was a 28-54. and the ten minutes per game added wouldn't have equated to the skyrocketing in assists etc...

Did you ever think that maybe Rondo has improved his game since he was a 20-year-old rookie?
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

If you put Westbrook on the Bulls, we wouldn't be a better team, same as Chris Paul.

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I just find it laughable that people put Rondo over Rose. The Bulls would be worse than the Cavs if Rondo and Rose switched places.
And you know this, how?  We're now at the point where if Rondo was on any other team besides the C's, they'd be garbage?  Jesus...talking about getting no respect
30t6p3b.gif
  He's one of the best PGs in the NBA, and while he does have his faults w. his shooting, he makes up for it with his play-making ability and defense.
because the last time he played without three HOF'ers it was a 28-54. and the ten minutes per game added wouldn't have equated to the skyrocketing in assists etc...

Did you ever think that maybe Rondo has improved his game since he was a 20-year-old rookie?
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Wow

Wow

Switching teams is stupid because that $!#% is farfetched and not gonna happen, so why speculate? Opinions will stay the same no matter what.

Switching teams is stupid because that $!#% is farfetched and not gonna happen, so why speculate? Opinions will stay the same no matter what.

Out of curiosity, what's so off between the Rose/Marbury comparison?

Because Marbury does not have the intangibles Rose has. Rose is like Kobe and Marbury is VC when it comes to work ethic.

Out of curiosity, what's so off between the Rose/Marbury comparison?

Because Marbury does not have the intangibles Rose has. Rose is like Kobe and Marbury is VC when it comes to work ethic.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh Lawd
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh Lawd
roll.gif

I'd take Chris Paul in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't want any other pg running my squad. D. Rose all day.

I'd take Chris Paul in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't want any other pg running my squad. D. Rose all day.

People got so used to saying Paul & DWill were the two best pg's in the league, that it's hard for them to stop. Why are people assuming Paul is going to get healthier? Why are the same people pointing out the bad defense Rose plays not saying anything about Paul's bad man to man defense? If you've watched a handful of the 30 games Chris Paul has played in this season, you can clearly see the difference between the pre & post knee injury CP3. He hasn't fallen off, but he's not the clear cut #1 that he once was.

People got so used to saying Paul & DWill were the two best pg's in the league, that it's hard for them to stop. Why are people assuming Paul is going to get healthier? Why are the same people pointing out the bad defense Rose plays not saying anything about Paul's bad man to man defense? If you've watched a handful of the 30 games Chris Paul has played in this season, you can clearly see the difference between the pre & post knee injury CP3. He hasn't fallen off, but he's not the clear cut #1 that he once was.

If I'm starting a team there isn't a player in the NBA I would pick to play point guard over D. Rose.

But if a need to win a championship right now gimme Chris Paul.

If I'm starting a team there isn't a player in the NBA I would pick to play point guard over D. Rose.

But if a need to win a championship right now gimme Chris Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom